The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

7 hours ago, samptime29 said:

I don't want Leeds to go down. A lot of their fans are snides but they are a proper football club with strong support. The Leeds friends I have are all sound tbf. 

Really want Everton to go down. So deluded on their forum. Blaming Rafa if they go down. He left them on 19 points after 19 games. Hardly fucked in that position. 

Benitez has done serious damage to that squad, mind. Ostracised and got rid of Rodriguez at the first opportunity, fell out with and sold Digne as well as signed Rondon who is clearly past it. Injuries haven't helped them by any means, but Benitez is not blameless whatsoever for their struggles this season.

Club should've never appointed him in the first place.

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Benitez has done serious damage to that squad, mind. Ostracised and got rid of Rodriguez at the first opportunity, fell out with and sold Digne as well as signed Rondon who is clearly past it. Injuries haven't helped them by any means, but Benitez is not blameless whatsoever for their struggles this season.

Rafa isn't blameless but they were on 1 point per game average when he left and with half the season to go. Plenty of time to save themselves.

19 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

They shouldn't and he shouldn't have accepted. 

That said, I do have one major concern with Lampard and this Everton squad and that's defending. Everton don't really have any quality at centre-back and Lampard's previous teams weren't that strong defensively. Those fine margins can be quite decisive down the bottom of the table and he's already on scored 8 conceded 7 after five games. If that scale tips the wrong way they'll be firmly in the mucky stuff.

1 hour ago, samptime29 said:

Rafa isn't blameless but they were on 1 point per game average when he left and with half the season to go. Plenty of time to save themselves.

But being in a relegation battle with that squad is a sackable offence for an Everton manager. Previous managers have failed with that team, but not to the extent Benitez did. Being on 1 point a game isn't a positive. 

8 hours ago, samptime29 said:

I don't want Leeds to go down. A lot of their fans are snides but they are a proper football club with strong support. The Leeds friends I have are all sound tbf. 

Really want Everton to go down. So deluded on their forum. Blaming Rafa if they go down. He left them on 19 points after 19 games. Hardly fucked in that position. 

It's not really fair to criticize Everton fans for blaming Rafa if they go down. They follow their club closer than we do. Remember the flak we got for outing Sam Allardyce? He had 7 wins, 5 draws and 9 losses (26 points in 21 matches) in the league but we all knew where we were headed if we hadn't sacked him.

Keegan came in and didn't record a win in his 8 first matches (2 draws, 6 losses). Lampard got his first league win in his 3rd match. 

If we had gone down with Keegan that year, I guarantee you the majority of fans would have had one guy to blame, and it ain't Kevin Keegan :lol: 

7 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

But being in a relegation battle with that squad is a sackable offence for an Everton manager. Previous managers have failed with that team, but not to the extent Benitez did. Being on 1 point a game isn't a positive. 

They were 6 points ahead of 18th with 2 games in hand, when he was sacked. I've not saying 1 point per game is a positive in comparison to expectations but they likely need 16 points from 19 games to stay up when Rafa isn't there. 

If they can't achieve that it's clearly not Rafa's fault, especially considering DCL is back now and Rafa never had him because of injury.

Guest HTT II
9 hours ago, Disco said:

Never knew Jon Richardson was such a big Leeds fan. Gone up in my estimation.

I think he’s great me!

Won’t be good for his ginger skin.

Very late to the Leeds chatter but we absolutely can’t have Americans telling us how to play football, particularly when replacing El Loco. Them or Everton going down would be brilliant.

On 04/03/2022 at 01:02, Yorkie said:

Like listening to us lot after Rafa went. 

Really enjoyed that. Its exactly the sentiment I hear from Leeds fans at work etc. Hard to explain but when Richardson said its been a well run time for the club under Bielsa and the feeling like a lot has ended that they may never get back again, and the other guy saying they now feel more ordinary now he's gone is exactly what Leeds fans were worried about despite knowing the results meant it was going to be the end. Very reminiscent of Rafa for Newcastle fans I'm sure. Definitely for me anyway. I think Leeds' fans love for Bielsa and what he turned the club in to is probably even greater than how we felt about Rafa when he left.

Rafa had very little spend in the summer but the squad was 10th with 59 points for the most part last season. They probably won't make half of that at this rate so clearly something went wrong between Ancelotti leaving and now. Injuries fair enough did impact them a lot but season went off the rails post-September

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Eh, Rodriguez doesn’t give a fuck about football anymore. Hence he plays in Qatar. He also signed their two best performing players, and brought Gordon through. Digne fair enough, but he is in no way at fault for this. He had zero money to spend.

He did a shit job and was deservedly sacked. Should never have been appointed in the first place.

2 hours ago, Foluwashola said:

Won’t be good for his ginger skin.

Very late to the Leeds chatter but we absolutely can’t have Americans telling us how to play football, particularly when replacing El Loco. Them or Everton going down would be brilliant.

54c.jpg

Lampard will no doubt keep laying into the players after this. Worst thing in relegation scrap tbh. Will come off as aloof and uninterested to the players and needs to be able to help them actually learn how to defend.

Rafa short circuited at everton, no idea why he couldnt get them to defend at all. Does sniff of toxic dressing room so Lampard not really wrong to lay into them so often kinda but still cant see it helping