The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I think Conte could have Spurs challenging for the title in 18-24 months if they managed to keep Kane and Son. There's a really good squad there just lacking direction. 

Do you think?

I'd say it's bang average outside of Son and Kane.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Do you think?

I'd say it's bang average outside of Son and Kane.

Yeah. I think Jose ruined a few players as he tends to do, but I feel there's a good mix there. 

Lloris, Reguilon, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Hojberg, Ndombele are all really good players under the right manager IMO. Also think Lo Celso, Alli and Bergwijn have a lot more to give. Conte would get 100% out of them. 

On 01/06/2021 at 18:07, Fantail Breeze said:

But you could say the same about Leicester - beyond their first 11 the squad is really poor, but they’ve manage to do well (and much better than Everton) the last few seasons.

Agree re: Lukaku leaving though.

They are better run than Everton, but I don't think it's a coincidence that they have been mowed down in the last 10 games by the free spending clubs and missed out on a Champions League spot for two straight seasons (although at least the got the FA Cup this year, would honestly rather than getting plowed by Bayern in the Round of 16).

Edited by Pandamninator

8 hours ago, Froggy said:

Yeah. I think Jose ruined a few players as he tends to do, but I feel there's a good mix there. 

Lloris, Reguilon, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Hojberg, Ndombele are all really good players under the right manager IMO. Also think Lo Celso, Alli and Bergwijn have a lot more to give. Conte would get 100% out of them. 

You've only managed to name 11 players out of this "really good squad" there and half of them are highly questionable imo, Spurs squad is fucking awful.

15 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

You've only managed to name 11 players out of this "really good squad" there and half of them are highly questionable imo, Spurs squad is fucking awful.

I stand by it. Someone like Conte would have that side immediately in the top four.

And there’s why I think Man U need a better manager, because a better manager would guarantee that for them. If you’ve got City, Liverpool, Chelsea...I’d say an OGS Man U is the team that a Conte Spurs would have most chance of overhauling.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

And there’s why I think Man U need a better manager, because a better manager would guarantee that for them. If you’ve got City, Liverpool, Chelsea...I’d say an OGS Man U is the team that a Conte Spurs would have most chance of overhauling.

Liverpool and Chelsea need to worry about overhauling us before Spurs do. ;)

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I stand by it. Someone like Conte would have that side immediately in the top four.

I can see your logic, and maybe Poch & Mou just weren't the ones to get enough out of these hidden gems in the spurs squad.  He does have that old Mou thing of galvanising players into overperforming mind.

1 minute ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

I can see your logic, and maybe Poch & Mou just weren't the ones to get enough out of these hidden gems in the spurs squad.  He does have that old Mou thing of galvanising players into overperforming mind.

Poch got them second in the league and to a CL final. 

Mourinho is done. I've been saying it for years. :lol: Conte is on another level to Jose.

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Poch got them second in the league and to a CL final. 

Mourinho is done. I've been saying it for years. :lol: Conte is on another level to Jose.

Everyone knew that Spurs run was the last gasp man, they'd been on a downward trajectory and that was the anomaly.  My mates a Spurs ST hold, he knows it as well.  They were shite but pulled bonkers results out, and had the odd VAR call to help them along of course.

And that's why I said that old Mou thing no?  

Do any other footballing nations have this amount of utter dinosaurs? England, in fact I would include Scotland too, have an inordinate amount of has beens, never had beens and aged fossils who cling to job after job.

Stinking the place up with their horse shit, outdated methods and self aggrandising bullshit.  All backed by their 'mates' in the media and very dubious dealings with envelopes and agents.

Is it a UK phenomena or world/Europe wide??

We have so many of the cunts, and all of the same fucking breed.

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, George Bailey said:

Do any other footballing nations have this amount of utter dinosaurs? England, in fact I would include Scotland too, have an inordinate amount of has beens, never had beens and aged fossils who cling to job after job.

Stinking the place up with their horse shit, outdated methods and self aggrandising bullshit.  All backed by their 'mates' in the media and very dubious dealings with envelopes and agents.

Is it a UK phenomena or world/Europe wide??

We have so many of the cunts, and all of the same fucking breed.

The reason many other nations don’t is because their coaching is of a higher standard when coaches are making their way into the game, that and of course the coaching if players who often become managers and coaches themselves when they’d retire. The fact that Peter Beardsley - a great player - ended up as an academy coach at NUFC says just as much about how out of date our game is at that level as how piss poor we are ran by Mike Ashley. Thankfully I see a bright future for our game in terms of the ability of our future players and indeed our coaches, it’s remarkably improved in the last decade alone. I have first hand experience of this, over a decade ago my then 7 year old nephew was at NUFC academy, today my now 7 year old son is at SAFC and Boro and what I witnessed today, a round of games with over 40 kids representing Boro, the quality and standard is very high. 99% of them won’t make it as another Shearer for example, but if they remain in the game either as a player or a coach, the pyramid system will benefit most. 

2 hours ago, neesy111 said:

Koeman staying at Barca.

Title between the Madrid teams then. There’s zero chance he can win the league. Amazed they haven’t given him the boot. 

54 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Title between the Madrid teams then. There’s zero chance he can win the league. Amazed they haven’t given him the boot. 

Messi player manager in a couple of years

11 hours ago, Manxst said:

I suspect the price to sack him is circa £14m - Barca can’t afford that much of an outlay