2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rooney was bollocks apart from the tap-in even he couldn't miss. The system was changed purely for him and it turned out crap. He was by no means the only one, but as nearly all the discussion after the Italy game was about him then he's going to get the focus of the attention. It's not difficult to work out.

And Gerrard can get fucked, he was the worst of the lot.

You all massively underrated Uruguay. They are the winner of Copa South America, and 4th place in WC2010. Their defense are one of the best in the world, and their counter attack with Suarez are lethal.  Their system has been running well for a few years, and the player they have are at their peak as well except Forlan. 

They are even stronger than Brazil imo.

Back to tennis I say, tennis expert. They just lost to Costa Rica, they almost didn't qualify for the World Cup and their defense is on the decline. They have Suarez and Cavani and that is seriously all.

Pretty sure Uruguay will prove you real wrong this tournament.  Lets see then.

They already are. I had them finishing 3rd in the whole tournament and thought they'd run away with this group. They lost to fucking Costa Rica and need at least a draw in the last game to go through if CRica doesn't surprise again.

The issue was the formation. First half we had no options in the middle & Hodgson was relying on someone like Welbeck to do the damage who obviously had fuck all. So it goes to Baines repeatedly & its just crowded out.

If we'd had someone decent middle or left, Sterling wouldn't need to be beating 3 players like when he kneed that lad in the head.

They easily controlled us & its down to Hodgson. We have the players to beat that side.

There's too many players in the squad/team who offer nothing tangible but Rooney will be taking most of the flak as he's the easy target.

Personally I think we should take him, he's obviously got talent. It's just that we rely on him too much and we often play him out of position as well. In my opinion when Rooney drops back all your getting is a midfielder and you lose pretty much all threat up front. He tries to create too much and we can't be relying on him creating so much, we should be relying on him finishing more.

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Just as when i start believing in the national team again they revert back to f*cking type. Why the f*ck we changed anything from the Italy game is beyond me.

That was all perfectly fine, but nah we must play Rooney in his "best position" :anguish: f*ck that noise, because of that change we had absolutely no midfield with a massive gap between Gerrard and the rest of the team and the fear i had going into the tournament was on full display tonight.

This. Gerrard literally contributed NOTHING in two matches apart from giving goals away. Diabolical decision to start him in both games. He's a heartless t*** who is no longer the leader he was years ago.

You're talking about the bloke who's just captained Liverpool to a 2nd place finish in the Premiership though. Starting Barkley or Wilshere ahead of him changes nothing, England still don't control either of the opening games.

I would have played Barry (on this season's form) ahead of him. As in, in his place. Barkley would play further forward. Barry is a bit more mobile, and is a much better tackler. Henderson's distribution and link up play was very good, and with Barkley driving at defences, it would have given the forwards a chance at being involved in dangerous attacking situations.

Just as when i start believing in the national team again they revert back to f*cking type. Why the f*ck we changed anything from the Italy game is beyond me.

That was all perfectly fine, but nah we must play Rooney in his "best position" :anguish: f*ck that noise, because of that change we had absolutely no midfield with a massive gap between Gerrard and the rest of the team and the fear i had going into the tournament was on full display tonight.

This. Gerrard literally contributed NOTHING in two matches apart from giving goals away. Diabolical decision to start him in both games. He's a heartless t*** who is no longer the leader he was years ago.

You're talking about the bloke who's just captained Liverpool to a 2nd place finish in the Premiership though. Starting Barkley or Wilshere ahead of him changes nothing, England still don't control either of the opening games.

Not about control really, more that tonight the gap between midfield and the front players was absolutely gigantic because Rooney basically plays the no 10 position like a second striker as he knows no other way.

Not his fault because he shouldn't be playing there, but the difference between the build up play between tonight and against Italy was night and day

I don't even think England have been poor this tournament. :lol: Don't think they deserved to lose both games.

Rank match intelligence tonight cost them as much as anything.

Italy was unlucky, today was self inflicted dross.

I honestly didn't think Rooney was that bad :lol:

First half he was missing for a lot of it but 2nd he was the main player driving us forward on a number of occasions. Not brilliant but to suggest he was "bollocks" is absolutely mental.

Bobbins then.

First half he was missing for a lot of it but 2nd he was the main player driving us forward on a number of occasions. Not brilliant but to suggest he was "bollocks" is absolutely mental.

He wasn't poor at all, but a player of his quality should be putting that chance in the back of the net.

I feel the same way about England as I do about Newcastle at the moment, I actually want us to lose.

Why? England clearly has a bright future, just a very tough group this time.

Is it f***, both Italy and Uruguay are average teams.

Typical England though, we will always be a squad with great individuals but can't work as a team.

It's time to face it, we are average. There is more to it than just bottling it against the big nations, we simply aren't good enough, we may get the odd 1-0 wins against the likes of Brazil, Spain, or Germany when we play them in a friendly at Wembley, when it comes to games that count though we will never compete.

Italy have been better than you for decades and Uruguay are a hardworking team with a couple brilliant individuals who were 4th in the last WC.

Average. :lol:

I feel the same way about England as I do about Newcastle at the moment, I actually want us to lose.

Why? England clearly has a bright future, just a very tough group this time.

Is it f***, both Italy and Uruguay are average teams.

Typical England though, we will always be a squad with great individuals but can't work as a team.

It's time to face it, we are average. There is more to it than just bottling it against the big nations, we simply aren't good enough, we may get the odd 1-0 wins against the likes of Brazil, Spain, or Germany when we play them in a friendly at Wembley, when it comes to games that count though we will never compete.

Italy have been better than you for decades

:lol:

I would have played Barry (on this season's form) ahead of him. As in, in his place. Barkley would play further forward. Barry is a bit more mobile, and is a much better tackler. Henderson's distribution and link up play was very good, and with Barkley driving at defences, it would have given the forwards a chance at being involved in dangerous attacking situations.

Fair enough, I don't know what I would have done personally. Pre tournament I would have been happy with that lineup and system but in hindsight it wasn't right at all.

Quick question, I don't blame him, but how does a keeper the size of Hart manage to make him so small every time in situations like that. He actually gets smaller on one on ones.

Dandruff is eating his brain.

Seriously though, I was f***ing impressed at how small he became when Suarez got infront of him. Goalkeepers are supposed to make themselves bigger, but he kinds of puts his body into position to get even smaller.

:lol:

Rooney's performance was weak. Goal can't mask that. Not his fault exclusively or whatever the media/papers would have said had he not scored an unmissable tap-in, but he was bad.

Bobbins then.

I'll accept bobbins.

Rooney was the least of the problems on the pitch tonight, or against Italy. The problem is in central midfield. It's bright as fucking day to see. The bigger problems are psychological and related to the manager and the press, but that's another story. England play with so much fear it's horrible.

Literally haven't seen anything from these games to suggest England have a bright future ahead of them like.

Just seems like same old same old :lol: No huff or puff, load up the plane and head home early. See you in 2016.