2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd support the US if I didn't live here, but I just really don't think I could handle people being happy at work while expressing feigned and polite concern about my well-being.

Isn't this perfectly human? :lol:

This Algerian team was outplayed and didn't deserve to beat Burkina Faso in the qualification playoff and picked up only one point at the 2013 ACN, losing to Togo in the process. As always, World Cup is a totally different stage

WTF, are you serious? Algeria played well in the first match and lost only to a nonexistant penalty in the 86th minute or so. The return leg was bad with two nervy teams. If I remember it correctly the first and only Burkina Faso chance was created in over time.

Stats from the second match: 58 - 42 % possession for Algeria, and 11-2 in shots. I was unable to find stats for the first leg, but it was a narrow game where a draw would be fair.

Gotta love it when people come up with blatant opinions after not seeing the matches they comment on.

I actually started the game thinking I wanted Portugal to win. Then Nani scored, and I remembered why I don't like Portugal. Then I saw CRonaldo and I remembered why I detest them. 

U S A U S A U S A U S A U S A

Also, Fabian Johnson was excellent.

Johnson literally had the freedom of his flank.  Considering that,  I wouldn't describe his performance as excellent.

Pretty poor quality match IMO. What was that time bullshit in the 40th minute about? :lol: Darn Americans!

Thought Fabian Johnson was good too and Dempsey had a good game despite being isolated at times. 'Murica looked the better side. Feel bad for CR7. To be surrounded by shite like Postiga/Nani while Messi gets Aguero/Di Maria/Higuain must eat him up :laugh:

Guest firetotheworks

If Portugal go out, and quite frankly it still looks likely there can be no excuses. No one outside some patriotic Americans and Ghanians would have thought Portugal would have gone out  in the group stage.

If that ends up being the case Ronaldo has flopped pure and simple, i don't want to hear about injuries or supporting cast ( its still better than USA and Ghana's anyway) for one of the worlds best players its simply not good enough.

Stuff like this is crazy talk to me.

Interesting to see Chile´s lineup. 2 upfront against back 4? think they will go with Valdivia to make it look like front three. Vidal playing deeper pressing Sneijder and bursting forward from deeper..

If Portugal go out, and quite frankly it still looks likely there can be no excuses. No one outside some patriotic Americans and Ghanians would have thought Portugal would have gone out  in the group stage.

If that ends up being the case Ronaldo has flopped pure and simple, i don't want to hear about injuries or supporting cast ( its still better than USA and Ghana's anyway) for one of the worlds best players its simply not good enough.

Stuff like this is crazy talk to me.

Made especially crazy since he's clearly not fit and he's got tendonitis in his left knee. He shouldn't be playing, but Portugal desperately need him, as shown last night with his sublime cross. He'll play the full game against Ghana as well because they'll need a big goal swing. Strangely, despite how shit they've been, I think they'll win comfortably against Ghana, but Germany won't beat USA by 3 or 4 IMO.

Nani was fucking awful like. I thought once he scored it was going to be one of his rare on days. Not to be though. Such is life.

Guest firetotheworks

He had like 4 touches in the entire match. :lol: One nice bit of skill in the centre circle and a decent ball in the same move, then nowhere until he scored. Despite not being very good, I would have said that Bradley had more of the captain's performance purely because he never hid.

He had like 4 touches in the entire match. :lol: One nice bit of skill in the centre circle and a decent ball in the same move, then nowhere until he scored. Despite not being very good, I would have said that Bradley had more of the captain's performance purely because he never hid.

Nah, he went quiet a bit in the second half, but he never wasted a touch.

Interesting to see Chile´s lineup. 2 upfront against back 4? think they will go with Valdivia to make it look like front three. Vidal playing deeper pressing Sneijder and bursting forward from deeper..

Vidal is likely to be rested.