2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Just as when i start believing in the national team again they revert back to f*cking type. Why the f*ck we changed anything from the Italy game is beyond me.

That was all perfectly fine, but nah we must play Rooney in his "best position" :anguish: f*ck that noise, because of that change we had absolutely no midfield with a massive gap between Gerrard and the rest of the team and the fear i had going into the tournament was on full display tonight.

This. Gerrard literally contributed NOTHING in two matches apart from giving goals away. Diabolical decision to start him in both games. He's a heartless twat who is no longer the leader he was years ago.

You're talking about the bloke who's just captained Liverpool to a 2nd place finish in the Premiership though. Starting Barkley or Wilshere ahead of him changes nothing, England still don't control either of the opening games.

Captaining Liverpool to 2nd place is a bit misleading. Liverpool had a whole squad around Gerrard who were good enough to win with or without him. In my opinion you could have taken Gerrard out of last seasons team and they still would have achieved just as much as they did with him. With Henderson playing there is no really need for Gerrard.

For all the stereotypical bullshit about SA's I've read on here, there were quite a few dives from England players tonight tbh.

Problem is we can't cheat properly. Tonight couldn't have been a better example. Uruguay saw the ref early on for what he was (poor) and played him a dream.

Same happens in the CL when big English refs are told to keep to the narrative.

Quick question, I don't blame him, but how does a keeper the size of Hart manage to make him so small every time in situations like that. He actually gets smaller on one on ones.

Dandruff is eating his brain.

Seriously though, I was f***ing impressed at how small he became when Suarez got infront of him. Goalkeepers are supposed to make themselves bigger, but he kinds of puts his body into position to get even smaller.

:lol:

I'm seriously amazed. It's like a hockey goaltender throwing away all the protection right before someone comes one on one. How do you manage that?

For all the stereotypical bullshit about SA's I've read on here, there were quite a few dives from England players tonight tbh.

Sturridge was loving the dive.

All Liverpool players. Only one standing on his legs when tackled was Baines.

They keep going on about us creating chances.

Cavani missed a sitter when through, Suarez went through from an overhead also.

First game Italy had one cleared off the line & hit the post.

But nah, Rooney could've scored his singular chance so we're a top class attacking side suddenly. Our attack in this game was worse than shite  :lol: I'm so pissed.

Problem is we can't cheat properly. Tonight couldn't have been a better example. Uruguay saw the ref early on for what he was (poor) and played him a dream.

Fair enough, were some absolute horrendous attempts from the Liverpool players.

I honestly didn't think Rooney was that bad :lol:

First half he was missing for a lot of it but 2nd he was the main player driving us forward on a number of occasions. Not brilliant but to suggest he was "bollocks" is absolutely mental.

Bobbins then.

I'll accept bobbins.

:rose:

Just as when i start believing in the national team again they revert back to f*cking type. Why the f*ck we changed anything from the Italy game is beyond me.

That was all perfectly fine, but nah we must play Rooney in his "best position" :anguish: f*ck that noise, because of that change we had absolutely no midfield with a massive gap between Gerrard and the rest of the team and the fear i had going into the tournament was on full display tonight.

This. Gerrard literally contributed NOTHING in two matches apart from giving goals away. Diabolical decision to start him in both games. He's a heartless t*** who is no longer the leader he was years ago.

You're talking about the bloke who's just captained Liverpool to a 2nd place finish in the Premiership though. Starting Barkley or Wilshere ahead of him changes nothing, England still don't control either of the opening games.

Captaining Liverpool to 2nd place is a bit misleading. Liverpool had a whole squad around Gerrard who were good enough to win with or without him. In my opinion you could have taken Gerrard out of last seasons team and they still would have achieved just as much as they did with him. With Henderson playing there is no really need for Gerrard.

Yup. You could also look at it in another way, in that he actually LOST Liverpool the title with a few bottling performances towards the end of the season, brilliantly and beautifully culminating in the slip.

I honestly didn't think Rooney was that bad :lol:

First half he was missing for a lot of it but 2nd he was the main player driving us forward on a number of occasions. Not brilliant but to suggest he was "bollocks" is absolutely mental.

Rooney was the least of the problems on the pitch tonight, or against Italy. The problem is in central midfield. It's bright as fucking day to see. The bigger problems are psychological and related to the manager and the press, but that's another story. England play with so much fear it's horrible.

Yes and yes. Easy targets and hard targets as per. The cowards come out to play.

Plenty to get angry about, but it's all the same stuff we all get frustrated about every tournament. The first half was a car crash, we bottled it. They looked hungry and determined, we looked lost and scared. We could only fashion one chance in open play with Rooney's pass to Sturridge, and while it was a tough angle it was a good shot but near post and saved. Other than that it was all about set pieces for us which is scarily bad to be our main attacking threat. I can't understand why we look terrified of having the ball in any area of the pitch. Uruguay players all looked like they were dieing to have the ball and try to contribute. Very sad stuff.

Usual traits of being far too rigid when in possession so that we never give any quick and easy passes. There was always two or three Uruguay players hunting us down and often scuppering us from from attacking properly. Rooney again, bored up front so drops deep. Sterling, well, he tried, but was thoroughly closed down and shut out of the game. Funny how we couldn't even make use of the attention he got to create space around him. Standard predictable and unimaginative England possession and attacking style culminated with players shitting themselves and unable to settle and play football calmly and effectively.

Second half started even worse than the first half finished for 15/20 mins, but eventually we find our feet a little but it was when we brought on Berkley etc. did things properly take off. When we got the goal we looked a transformed team, confidence flowing suddenly everyone wanted to be involved and have the ball. In the end though we didn't create anything of any real skill in the final third, just hit and hope stuff that they could handle, but it was much better from us. Eventually it all come crashing down with Stevie G providing a fine assist to Suarez and Joe Hart looking like a mug as he lets one through him that he should have saved.

I also hate the fact that we can only really get at teams by trying to give more than 100% physically, which works to beat a man or get in to a dangerous position, but we are playing at such over the top speed that we end up fumbling or running of out steam at the crucial killer moment. We must learn how to beat a team without resorting to pure pace or strength. Our players waste energy to create chances of little value, we must change our ways on this and create 'clever' moves, moments and chances that don't rely on raw energy.

I think we are pretty much out, I think we will struggle to a win against Costa Rica when we really need a heavy win to pick up the goal difference and hope Uruguay lose to Italy. Can't see that happening.

Fair enough, were some absolute horrendous attempts from the Liverpool players.

They have Suarez to learn from :pow:

Quick question, I don't blame him, but how does a keeper the size of Hart manage to make him so small every time in situations like that. He actually gets smaller on one on ones.

Seriously though, I was f***ing impressed at how small he became when Suarez got infront of him. Goalkeepers are supposed to make themselves bigger, but he kinds of puts his body into position to get even smaller.

I'm seriously amazed. It's like a hockey goaltender throwing away all the protection right before someone comes one on one. How do you manage that?

:lol: I thought the exact same with both goals, re him somehow becoming smaller :lol:

Terrible goalkeeping on both accounts. Take nothing away from that horrible little majestic bastard though, I hope he controversially takes them to the final for the laughs.

:lol: I thought the exact same with both goals, re him somehow becoming smaller :lol:

Terrible goalkeeping on both accounts. Take nothing away from that horrible little majestic b****** though, I hope he controversially takes them to the final for the laughs.

:thup:

Can't believe they managed to throw that match after the equalizer. Ah whey, the signs are they may develop into a decent team in a few years time.

Incredibly happy if I never have to see that disgusting charver lead England out at a tournament again. Looked like he was match-fixing tonight.

This. Gerrard literally contributed NOTHING in two matches apart from giving goals away. Diabolical decision to start him in both games. He's a heartless t*** who is no longer the leader he was years ago.

What a a load of f*cking bollocks aside from Yaya and Ramsey he was probably the best midfielder in the league this year.

Who they gonna play instead of him? Joe f*cking Allen.

Yup. You could also look at it in another way, in that he actually LOST Liverpool the title with a few bottling performances towards the end of the season, brilliantly and beautifully culminating in the slip.

You could like, but captain or not you sort of cannot deny that he was one of the best central midfielders in the league :lol:

What a a load of f*cking bollocks aside from Yaya and Ramsey he was probably the best midfielder in the league this year.

Who they gonna play instead of him? Joe f*cking Allen.

Chill man. He was good early on. He was utter garbage in the last set of fixtures leading up to the home stretch in the season. Scoring a bunch of penalties aside.

This has depressed me more than I thought it would.

Same.

Like I used to feel when NUFC got beat. Hope, it kills you man, it fucking kills you.

(Hope in this instance, not getting beat FFS)

Terrible goalkeeping on both accounts. Take nothing away from that horrible little majestic bastard though, I hope he controversially takes them to the final for the laughs.

I thought Hart was awful tonight. He gifted Suarez the first by coming out and asking for it to go over him, the second well, he dived out of the way of it. His arm was still moving away from the ball after Suarez and took the shot even though his head was still following the ball.

@OptaJoe

0 - No team has ever lost their opening two games at the #WorldCup and advanced from the group. Miracle.

:thup:

Italy beats the hell out of Costa Rica tomorrow, and you beat the hell out of them as well. Get in on GD?