NUFC media bans - Telegraph now banned from club

Anderson
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"The NUFC Direct website is operated by SportsDirect.com Retail Ltd. whose registered address is Unit A, Brook Park East, Shirebrook, NG20 8RY, Company Number: 03406347, VAT Number: GB 898 439743."

So does that mean revenue from the 'Official NUFC Club shop' website is now going to SD.com??  :rolleyes:

"The NUFC Direct website is operated by SportsDirect.com Retail Ltd. whose registered address is Unit A, Brook Park East, Shirebrook, NG20 8RY, Company Number: 03406347, VAT Number: GB 898 439743."

So does that mean revenue from the 'Official NUFC Club shop' website is now going to SD.com??  :rolleyes:

no ones sure, could be as simple as outsourcing the construction and operation of the website to them

In the same week that the Chronicle, Journal and Sunday Sun were banned from access to Newcastle United following a dispute over our coverage of the Time 4 Change protest march, the only elected fans' body is claiming that it has also been "barred" from attending future forums.

The Newcastle United Supporters' Trust (NUST) published a statement on their Facebook page earlier today.

It says that the group has been "barred" from attending future forums at Newcastle in a row involving their publication of minutes from the first meeting they attended.

Here is the statement published earlier today by NUST:

"As the only elected body representing fans, the board of Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST) welcomed the invitation to take up a permanent position on the Fans Forum organised by Newcastle United.

"The Trust looked forward to the chance to interact with club officials on behalf of our members, with the opportunity to ask pertinent questions and report back to the membership afterwards.

"The inaugural meeting of the Forum took place in September and little were we to suspect that the NUST permanent position would last only one night.

"The Trust made clear that we reserved the right to report back to our members as to what went on at the Fans Forum, the club confirming via their Fans Liaison Officer that they accepted this.

"Questions were duly asked (many supplied by our members following an online survey) at the Forum by the NUST representative, Peter Fanning, and a lively meeting produced many interesting topics of discussion.

"Two days later, NUST published Peter Fanning’s overview of the meeting and it attracted a lot of publicity, due mainly to the nature of the topics covered but also the fact the Newcastle United minutes didn’t appear until 24 hours after they’d been advertised to be released.

"When the club minutes did belatedly appear, nothing of substance that had been reported by NUST was contradicted in Newcastle United’s official feedback.

"However, the spirit of openness has dramatically ended and NUST have been informed by Newcastle United that their ‘permanent’ place at the Fans Forum has now been withdrawn, the only democratically elected organisation open to the whole of the NUFC fanbase, barred from attending the next meeting in December and all subsequent Fan Forums.

"So, in the same week that the Trust organised a successful conference on fan engagement at Newcastle University Business School, covered by the BBC and attended by delegates from all over the country, the club have barred the local press and the only elected fans’ body from interacting with Newcastle United.

"At the same time at a national level, the Government’s Culture Media and Sports Select Committee have recommended that football clubs develop meaningful and structured relationships with supporters.

"They say the first casualty of war is the truth. The fans and local media don’t want to be at war with our football club, we just want a well run Newcastle United that values all of its supporters and the integral part NUFC plays at the heart of the local community."

It's not made explicit, but it sounds like the reason for the NUST ban was that they published feedback from the meeting before the club's own minutes, presumably against an agreement.

If so, I think a warning is far more appropriate here.

If ever there was a time for the local rags to actually influence something, to stop being the clubs PR cows and to use the 'freedom of the press' they bang on about to actually make an impact it is now.

It's time for them to start asking the questions they couldnt before, it's time for the journalists of these papers to show their worth with investigative journalism. There's so much the likes of the Chronicle, the Journal etc could look into and reveal about the club. Show the club up, expose Ashley and his ridiculous regime for what it is, produce scasthing pieces that reperesent what the fans actually think about Ashley. Surely that'll sell more papers than a few bollocks quotes from the clown Pardew would anyway. Hell, I never buy the chronicle but if they actually had a decent piece about Ashley or NUFC or an inside scoop regarding the club I wouldnt think twice.

If anything, the local press have a chance to make more of an impact now, than ever before, especially with the time for change campagin and the changing mood amongst the supporters.

For a very long time I've hoped, however naively, that Mike Ashley would come good. We all know he's made almost as many mistakes as pounds, but I've clung to the hope that he might, as his financial clout allows, start to turn us into a force to be reckoned with on the field. I've been reluctant to want Ashley replaced because he has the potential to be a great owner for us. In theory.

However the last couple of months have seen that hope finally and belatedly slip away, and the decisions of the past week or so with banning people is enough.

Just get lost, Mike. Just go. I'm done. You offer us nothing but disappointment and embarrassment. Pack your stuff in one of your tacky chav SD bags and sod off.

It's the political side of the job that he's always struggled with. When these kinds of disputes arise, whoever's in the right, it needs to be handled in a certain way. You can't run a football club in the same way as you're running a business.

It's obviously something he finds very frustrating, but like Alan Sugar before him, he really needs to consider whether the shoe fits.

For a very long time I've hoped, however naively, that Mike Ashley would come good. We all know he's made almost as many mistakes as pounds, but I've clung to the hope that he might, as his financial clout allows, start to turn us into a force to be reckoned with on the field. I've been reluctant to want Ashley replaced because he has the potential to be a great owner for us. In theory.

However the last couple of months have seen that hope finally and belatedly slip away, and the decisions of the past week or so with banning people is enough.

Just get lost, Mike. Just go. I'm done. You offer us nothing but disappointment and embarrassment. Pack your stuff in one of your tacky chav SD bags and sod off.

Cracking post that sums up my feelings exactly

Guest bimpy474

The blokes an idiot, the minimum he could do is talk but he refuses to. Everything that is now wrong is all his own doing. Successful he maybe but in this field he a fucking dumb fucking idiot who needs shooting for his actions, and his complete disregard for something that is more important to people than money is to him.

Guest Slippery Sam

Pity we couldn't wreck Direct Spots, a la Ratners jewellers. Tat.

Perhaps if we got the whole ground singing:

If you shop at Spots Direct, you're a chav

You really aren't that posh, if you give the fat cockney bastard your dosh

If you shop at Spots Direct, you're a chav.

Or something similar.

You really aren't that posh, if you give the fat cockney b****** your dosh

Or something similar.

Sports Direct is fucking brilliant for shit presents and cheap footy boots, socks, pads etc though.

You really aren't that posh, if you give the fat cockney b****** your dosh

Or something similar.

Sports Direct is f***ing brilliant for s*** presents and cheap footy boots, socks, pads etc though.

Until you come to part with your money and you end up queueing for about three years.

Sports Direct sometimes has the odd decent thing or two. It's mostly tat, mind. Stacked high and sold cheap. I'll sometimes go in for a wander if I'm near one but it's rare I actually buy something.

You really aren't that posh, if you give the fat cockney bastard your dosh

Or something similar.

Charva.

I didn't put two and two together until reading that Mark Douglas article, but the access to sky on wednesday was definitely some sort of fuck you to the local media.

What a petulant pube.

Said it at half time, Sky had been given special access, and in return said nothing but good things about the club with no mention of the local media issues.

Made a lot of sense for the club to keep them onside to be fair.