NUFC media bans - Telegraph now banned from club

Anderson
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Geordiesned

It's a shame phone hacking was uncovered as I'm sure listening in to Ashley's conversations would lead to his demise.

I didn't put two and two together until reading that Mark Douglas article, but the access to sky on wednesday was definitely some sort of f*** you to the local media.

What a petulant pube.

Said it at half time, Sky had been given special access, and in return said nothing but good things about the club with no mention of the local media issues.

Made a lot of sense for the club to keep them onside to be fair.

Sadly, its probably gonna take the likes of Sky and the national media generally to turn on him to really hike up the pressure - but cannot see that happening.

Just gotta hope the fans at games can really turn up the volume with the anti-Ashley singing, and NCJMedia can find something, and have the balls to publish it about him/his running of the club.

BYAAHWQCMAAEgYQ.jpg

Everybody should take a copy of that to the match and hold it up, the club can't stop you as it's not illegal to do so.  It doesn't matter what you think of the local paper or NUST, it's the principle of what they're doing in trying to ban what they don't like.

BYAAHWQCMAAEgYQ.jpg

Everybody should take a copy of that to the match and hold it up, the club can't stop you as it's not illegal to do so.  It doesn't matter what you think of the local paper or NUST, it's the principle of what they're doing in trying to ban what they don't like.

:thup: Seriously, everyone needs to give up their past opinions on those two and support the movement. It's not going to work if people are not united, we're all on the same side in this and want the same things. Might as well go for it.

its ages since i have bought a chronicle, normally just read the NUFC bits online or at my mams but when did it go up to 60p!!??  i thought it was 25 or 30p :-)

I've only just started to buy it again this week and it's only been 50p.  If you lost 50p you wouldn't waste your time looking for it so it's nothing really.

its ages since i have bought a chronicle, normally just read the NUFC bits online or at my mams but when did it go up to 60p!!??  i thought it was 25 or 30p :-)

The last time the Chron was 30p, Sir Bobby was in his pomp at the Toon in 2002-3 ......

The Chronicle has a big influence on the people in the area. The ban could back fire on the club after it has stoked up more anti regime feeling.

That's essentially what makes this such a huge error of judgement. Local newspapers may be on their arse but the Chronicle is still the go-to rag for NUFC news for most supporters. When the shit hits the fan they usually leak a transfer story to Mark Douglas, or put Lee Ryder in a room with Steven Taylor for an afternoon. Now NCJ are free to rake as much muck as they like.

Guest Slippery Sam

I never get tired of reading that quote. The difference in class between Sir Bobby and these b******s in charge is unmeasurable.

Gives a lump in my throat every time I read it.  Sir Bobby - Legend.  NUFC - legendary.  Mike Ashley - a pathetic nobody.

I've rang up Total Sport to see if I can get on tonight to spread the word. Fingers crossed they will give it some kind of coverage.

Hope so, but they may fear being banned too.

Tyne Tees news touched on it (mentioned the team moving on from 'media bans & fan forums'), but appear to be brushing over it, on the Sports Bulletin.