Newcastle 0 - 2 Man City (AET) - 30/10/13 - LC R4 - Post-match reaction from p40

Mike

Bog standard defeat to one of the league's top sides. Raised our game through some extra effort, but utterly futile in the end. I could've written that before kick-off. I don't think anyone (including the manager) deserves any stand-out slagging, although Mapou should have done a lot better for the goal. Real shame that, because he was exceptional during the 90.

Hey ho. :rolleyes:

:thup:

We're not good enough.

Guest neesy111

martinhardyindy: For the record, Newcastle have never got past the fourth round of a domestic cup competition since Mike Ashley bought the club #nufc

Bog standard defeat to one of the league's top sides. Raised our game through some extra effort, but utterly futile in the end. I could've written that before kick-off. I don't think anyone (including the manager) deserves any stand-out slagging, although Mapou should have done a lot better for the goal. Real shame that, because he was exceptional during the 90.

I thought that at first but tbf, the complete absence of Williamson at the near post left MYM too much to do.

Hard enough to anticipate against an excellent striker, if you then have to anticipate your CB partner being nowhere at a critical moment you can be fairly sure it'll end in a goal.

Supporting this club has become so predictable, tedious and frankly joyless over the last couple of years, you could have actually written a script for tonights game. It was textbook. Ah well at least the horrible bastards running the show will be happy, afterall it's not like the ultimate aim of football is to win silverware, I'm off to furiously masterbate over the small profit we'll grind out following our trophyless bottom half finish.

We're rubbish and they have a sweet shop of brilliant players to pick from. You could've put good money on the substitutes changing the game and they did. We were never, ever winning tonight, like.

That's the thing the top teams are that far ahead of the rest that their reserves would beat any of the others, apart from a fluke of last season they nearly always win the cup competitions. The rest of us just don't have the squads to compete and never will. Football is fucked they should just fuck these teams off into a league of their own with the rest of europes top ones

martinhardyindy: For the record, Newcastle have never got past the fourth round of a domestic cup competition since Mike Ashley bought the club #nufc

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/49/4953859d9d20daf3c0b78dc1730d17c8b9f710fb8b3bdbdb6a63267a5b9ae12c.jpg

We're rubbish and they have a sweet shop of brilliant players to pick from. You could've put good money on the substitutes changing the game and they did. We were never, ever winning tonight, like.

That's the thing the top teams are that far ahead of the rest that their reserves would beat any of the others, apart from a fluke of last season they nearly always win the cup competitions. The rest of us just don't have the squads to compete and never will. Football is fucked they should just fuck these teams off into a league of their own with the rest of europes top ones

That doesn't describe City tonight, they were absolute dross and very beatable.

I'm not having a go at you but starting to think what's the point of NUFC turning up for matches against the 'top sides'.  On a rare occasion we 'give it a go' which normally ends in a moral (and physically) sapping defeat along with an injury and few bookings to boot.  Can we not just give them the 3 points or a 'bye' and save everyone the f***ing bother with this pish.