Newcastle 0 - 2 Man City (AET) - 30/10/13 - LC R4 - Post-match reaction from p40

Mike

Guest palnese

When's the next International break? It can't come soon enough.

After Spurs and before Norwich.

Thank fuck for that.

Guest neesy111

We always have to take our chances as at some point we will concede.

This striker situation from the summer becomes a bigger farce by the day.

Played decent 'til Shola came off, after which we changed formation/style a bit which unsettled us and let City get a long time coming foothold in the game, HBA coming on swung the balance back are our way until extra time where they finally stepped it up but the game should've been won by us. Nowhere near enough quality in the final third - either out wide or through the middle ultimately.

A shame but not a surprise, chances are we'll be blowing out our arses on Saturday too where a similar set of circumstances wouldn't shock me. In it 'til '70, out of comfortably by '90.

Anita MOM by a long way for me, has to start a run of games from now on, not too arsed who is dropped.

Played decent 'til Shola came on, after which we changed formation/style a bit which unsettled us and let City get a long time coming foothold in the game, HBA coming on swung the balance back are our way until extra time where they finally stepped it up but the game should've been won by us. Nowhere near enough quality in the final third - either out wide or through the middle ultimately.

A shame but not a surprise, chances are we'll be blowing out our arses on Saturday too where a similar set of circumstances wouldn't shock me. In it 'til '70, out of comfortably by '90.

Anita MOM by a long way for me, has to start a run of games from now on, not too arsed who is dropped.

Hoy, poor lad gets enough genuine stick. Less of this accidental stick.

Bog standard defeat to one of the league's top sides. Raised our game through some extra effort, but utterly futile in the end. I could've written that before kick-off. I don't think anyone (including the manager) deserves any stand-out slagging, although Mapou should have done a lot better for the goal. Real shame that, because he was exceptional during the 90.

We're rubbish and they have a sweet shop of brilliant players to pick from. You could've put good money on the substitutes changing the game and they did. We were never, ever winning tonight, like.

Hey ho. :rolleyes:

That's the thing the top teams are that far ahead of the rest that their reserves would beat any of the others, apart from a fluke of last season they nearly always win the cup competitions. The rest of us just don't have the squads to compete and never will. Football is f***ed they should just f*** these teams off into a league of their own with the rest of europes top ones

That doesn't describe City tonight, they were absolute dross and very beatable.

It seems every team Newcastle play is beatable to you and you make it sound like Newcastle can't loss against a beatable team ??? Any team is beatable but is that guaranteed ? What are the odds for winning against a billion dollar team ?

Think we had a real chance at beating them in the 90 mins, but that says more about them than us, we coped well at the back because they looked absent of any movement and penetration. Seeing us create a few chances was a step forward however, but our inability to finish them was really frustrating. Silva changed the game.

Fucking hate Man City like.

Especially the fans that demonstrate a complete lack of self awareness, and celebrate in the pub like they've won the world cup. Well done, you beat us. Both your goalscorers cost more than our entire team put together. Again, well done.

Bog standard defeat to one of the league's top sides. Raised our game through some extra effort, but utterly futile in the end. I could've written that before kick-off. I don't think anyone (including the manager) deserves any stand-out slagging, although Mapou should have done a lot better for the goal. Real shame that, because he was exceptional during the 90.

We're rubbish and they have a sweet shop of brilliant players to pick from. You could've put good money on the substitutes changing the game and they did. We were never, ever winning tonight, like.

That's the thing the top teams are that far ahead of the rest that their reserves would beat any of the others, apart from a fluke of last season they nearly always win the cup competitions. The rest of us just don't have the squads to compete and never will. Football is f***ed they should just f*** these teams off into a league of their own with the rest of europes top ones

It seems every team Newcastle play is beatable to you and you make it sound like Newcastle can't loss against a beatable team ??? Any team is beatable but is that guaranteed ? What are the odds for winning against a billion dollar team ?

Yeah Wullie, how dare you?! Know your place!

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew: "It was tough, I think my team couldn't have given any more and when you get the first goal in extra time it is always important, and we had a great chance but it fell away for us."

Think we had a real chance at beating them in the 90 mins, but that says more about them than us, we coped well at the back because they looked absent of any movement and penetration. Seeing us create a few chances was a step forward however, but our inability to finish them was really frustrating. Silva changed the game.

TBH I thought Willo and Mbiwa played very well in the 90. Particularly the latter. Dealt with everything.

I never said it was guaranteed but if you don't play your best team then you deserve what you get when that's fuck all.

City have won, what, 1 away game in 4 or 5? And this was their frigging second string.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I never said it was guaranteed but if you don't play your best team then you deserve what you get when that's f*** all.

City have won, what, 1 away game in 4 or 5? And this was their frigging second string.

It's better than our first tbh.