Newcastle Utd 2 - 0 Chelsea - 02/11/13 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Mike

We played a bit like Stoke in the first half, with a lot of long balls and Villa in the second, with some good counterattacking play. We didn't deserve all 3 points but based on the efforts we put in the derby and the cup game, we were due some good luck.  :D

:dowie:

We played a bit like Stoke in the first half, with a lot of long balls and Villa in the second, with some good counterattacking play. We didn't deserve all 3 points but based on the efforts we put in the derby and the cup game, we were due some good luck.  :D

This. What the fuck did Chelsea do to deserve anything from this?

This. What the fuck did Chelsea do to deserve anything from this?

I was going to let it go, but I agree 100%. Chelsea were pants.

Guest bimpy474

Whatever happened this week and as much as Pardew's pre match interview was rank. That was a great 2nd half and we deserved that.

Debuchy and Mapou were brilliant.

Guest palnese

Our formation worked brilliantly. We were compact in the middle, and Chelsea failed to keep the ball wide. Always through the middle.

I guess that's what you get when you play 3 #10's every game.

Have to say Gouffran and Sissoko on the wing are immense pressing the ball, and help the full backs so much.

Hate them out there, but defensively it works for us. They both looked a bit better offensively today to be fair.

Hatem's in trouble getting back in.

We are fucking ridiculous.

very much this. can turn up against chelsea but not rock bottom rivals. It's like the two outcomes got switched by fate.

still, it feels nice to have a day and half where I'm not angry.

Well, if thinking about the "up for it" levels of the players, Chelsea is a massive team for them to beat. Sunderland who? For Sunderland, we're probably the biggest scalp they have a chance of taking each year.

Our formation worked brilliantly. We were compact in the middle, and Chelsea failed to keep the ball wide. Always through the middle.

I guess that's what you get when you play 3 #10's every game.

Yeah now Cabaye and Tiote are in form they are very good midfield and we can get away with 1 less man there to be fair to pardew. Still kinda prefer anita to tiote but not much in it

Explain that one to me