Tottenham 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 10/11/13 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Mike

We've been outstanding.

Haven't looked this organized and defensively capable in eons.

Gouffran and Sissoko are massive for us defensively, the way they press and support the full backs is incredible.

They're just like Jonas but with more about them going forward. We're almost a diamond at times going forward, with Gouffran and Sissoko not hugging the touchline, and Cabaye ahead of Tiote.

\working really well.

For all our impressive play btw, Krul has still had to made two or three really good saves. The worry is if they step on the gas because it's not like they're not creating chances here.

Just gotta hope we score again.

The team often benefits from having a big lad up front, makes it all the more galling that we didn't get one in the summer. I think Gomis would have done well here but we're the poorest club in world football so fair enough. Shola should not be starting games these days, goes without saying.

For all our impressive play btw, Krul has still had to made two or three really good saves. The worry is if they step on the gas because it's not like they're not creating chances here.

True, good thing is we have limited how they get those chances and cut out the channels pretty well. Still a long time to go but at least enjoyed a half of football at Spurs for first time in a while, we look sharp and committed, this game aside, we will do well this season if keep these qualities

That stop from Soldado was as good as I've seen this season.

Redknapp just said it's one he'd expect any keeper to save. :lol:

Redknapp is a clown who has no business discussing football

Redknapp is a clown who has no business discussing football

I'd say that about both of them tbh.

Played really well - Spurs have been awful but for the most part it's us nullifying them added in with great goalkeeping from Krul. Hope for another quality ball and goal in the second half.

:clap:

Hate 'they were shit' stuff when it completely ignores why they couldn't play well. Takes something away from a good performance and something the media do regularly.