Newcastle United vs. Norwich City - Sat 23rd Nov @ 15:00 (not on TV)

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With a lot of first team away on international duty, Pardew probably got more time to focus on Ben Arfa so be good if they worked out some problems and Hatem got his arse in gear. Shola hasn't embarrassed himself in the last few games by any means but we can't go on forever with him starting instead of someone as talented as Ben Arfa.

That said, still won't surprise me come 3pm tomorrow he's named on the bench.

Ben Arfa in for Shola as the only change in the front six would suit me.

Pardew has tried him centrally a few times his year, the false nine doesn't fit him but as a traditional number ten he might fare better.

Would allow us to keep the same midfield four that has done so well lately while getting Hatem back in there. If he could click with Remy it's a potentially mouthwatering partnership up top.

Need to prove we can go out and beat a team rather than grab something and hold on desperately to it. Enjoyed seeing the grit and determination of the Liverpool/Chelsea/Spurs results, they were fantastic, but Norwich (H) is a different kettle of fish completely. 

Different mindset and attitude is needed, we should set about these cunts from the off and try to dominate the entire game. Score early and then grind them into the dirt.

Different mindset and attitude is needed, we should set about these cunts from the off and try to dominate the entire game. Score early and then grind them into the dirt.

:lol:

Have you watched much of us lately? Going back to the start of last season we have just 2 wins by a 2 goal margin, and only 1 by more, the 3-0 against 10 man Wigan. We don't really do dirt grinding.

My mate (a Norwich fan) is on the train up with a Norwich onesie on, so if you see a little black fella wearing one tell him Kirk says hi and you're gunna get stuffed (in the footballing sense) :)

spookily enough my mate, a norwich fan is travelling up on the train aswell, he has dark hair, 6ft 6 and about 18st and is wearing a norwich top, if you see him tell him he's a twat and his mam sucks cock for baccy, he'll love the bants.

Smallest pre match thread ever, complacency?

I think the fears of a repeat of last season have (prematurely one suspects) died down a bit, so there's not quite the manic anxiety pre-match.

I really hope we don't lose momentum and draw or lose this. 20 points today and I think we'll get some momentum into west brom which we could win (though I do think they're a good team). I do think, as witnessed in the 5th place season, we play better under less pressure, and if we're comfortably away from struggling some pressure will drop and we will keep up the performances.

If we lose, momentum is gone and I'll start worrying again, however shouldn't over-egg it, not the most crucual game of the season.