Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shows how far we've come that a loss to Arsenal (or whoever was top of the league in the past) has hit everyone hard. In more recent times it's just been a matter of fact when we lose but now we feel like we can match up to them all over the pitch.

We came up just short today, you could argue many reasons why. Perhaps simply because they have a better manager, or just bad defending for the set piece etc.

But we are definitely a decent side again and shouldn't fear anybody, especially as home.

:thup:

Also I was hoping before the match that if we had to lose it would be a tight thing, something to maintain our confidence and show the players (and in some respects the manager) that we can compete with the very best teams in the league. Once that was the case, it was also nice to hear Pardew refer to it post-match.

Is it really any wonder he always plays down the club he's at? He knows he's punching way above his weight.

9th highest attendances in Europe

3rd biggest stadium in the country

20th richest club in Europe

Can name an XI of full internationals for major nations

...manager who was previously sacked by a League One club.

Lets spot the discrepancy. The more people tell themselves we're a hopeless fucking charity case that should savour every point the cosier his position gets.

I hate him. I enjoy it when we win but he's fucking shite. Not really much else to be said. Other than he's also a cunt. Put anybody in charge and they'd get us to 8th in the league.

Guest neesy111

Is it really any wonder he always plays down the club he's at? He knows he's punching way above his weight.

Lets spot the discrepancy. The more people tell themselves we're a hopeless fucking charity case that should savour every point the cosier his position gets.

I hate him. I enjoy it when we win but he's fucking shite. Not really much else to be said. Other than he's also a cunt. Put anybody in charge and they'd get us to 8th in the league.

I'd like to see a bit more movement/fluidity from us in the final third but there's no doubt that we definitely try and retain possession a lot more than the shambolic way that he had us setup last season. So credit to him for that.

As usual Sewelly is bang on the money.

@MetroRadioNews: #NUFC - Alan Pardew says the festive fixture pile up was partly to blame for yesterday's loss at home to Arsenal - next game is WBA on Wed.

Still need less of this shit like. We had a day more than most others ffs.

I think Pardew will put to the test on Saturday cos it looks like he will make a lot of changes for Cardiff, so lets see how we play with both Ameobi's up front and most of the defense replaced

I wish every single manager would stop f***ing on about the festive fixture pile-up. That's what it is, it's the same every year, deal with it.

I am vehemently opposed to a winter break, though.

But he sounds like it wasn't exactly the same for Wenger or any other rivals. Yet:

Arsenal got 6 points

Man City got 6 points

Chelsea got 6 points

Man U got 6 points

Spurs got 4 points

Even fucking Sunderland got 4 points

It's not an excuse.

Haven't seen his interview after the game but if he's mentioned tired legs or blaming fixtures that's highly embarrassing. It was a tough game and either side could have grabbed the win but a draw would have been fair. Things went for us against Stoke, they didn't against Arsenal. Just move on to next game and look to bounce back from the loss which we are capable of doing.

Lets spot the discrepancy. The more people tell themselves we're a hopeless f***ing charity case that should savour every point the cosier his position gets.

I hate him. I enjoy it when we win but he's f***ing s****. Not really much else to be said. Other than he's also a c***. Put anybody in charge and they'd get us to 8th in the league.

Exactly - people who are happy with the club ought to remember those stats....

Think how they would read if we had people with real ambition running the place...and if SJH's plan for the new stadium hadn't been over-ruled by that fat, brainless idiot, Prescott.

If you want to simply judge our performance against the size of the stadium, then you're very misguided. What's the theory there? That we should be 3rd in the league?

Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool have endless money. Man U and Arsenal have larger stadiums and have been constants at the top of the table for 20 years. So that's 5 clubs that we can't compete with. Unfortunately that's the way football is now.

That leaves Everton and Spurs that we're competing with for 6th. And we're doing a pretty decent job this year.

The cups are the main area where we need to be much, much better as thats where we can make an impact. Hopefully we'll have a decent FA cup run.

Or being a massive drama queen on the back of an innocuous comment from the manager. Highly doubt 'anybody' could take us to 33 points before the end if the year. Very reasonable return and most enjoyable. Crack on.

Lets spot the discrepancy. The more people tell themselves we're a hopeless f***ing charity case that should savour every point the cosier his position gets.

I hate him. I enjoy it when we win but he's f***ing s****. Not really much else to be said. Other than he's also a c***. Put anybody in charge and they'd get us to 8th in the league.

Or being a massive drama queen on the back of an innocuous comment from the manager. Highly doubt 'anybody' could take us to 33 points before the end if the year. Very reasonable return and most enjoyable. Crack on.

Love these sensible posts.

From the top 6 last year...

Home:

Liverpool - Draw

Chelsea - Win

Arsenal - Lose

Away:

Man City - Lose

Spurs - Win

Man Utd - Win

Baffling how people think any manager can go and get these kind of results against the top sides in the league. We've accounted ourselves 33 points for the first half the season which is a fantastic return and it's shocking not to give the manager any credit for that. He may be to blame for certain things so far where things could be better but players also need to take responsibility. Overall though we've been fantastic collectively and they deserve credit for bouncing back from last season.