Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's funny how most of us think this guy is such a bellend, yet we hang on every word he says at these press conferences.  It's a job in itself to ensure what you say can't be interpreted in a negative way, they obviously have to be heavily coached by the press officers, I would be shite at it, babble on way too much.

Agreed. Does anyone get the feeling he's the most helpless man in football? Stuck in a job in which he has very limited power, is essentially a mouthpiece for a corrupt regime who doesn't give a shit about him or the club he 'manages,' and still cannot walk away as it won't get better than this for him? Ever? Must be pretty shitty being him.

there's that side of it but there's also the fact he's the manager of a premier league club with some very talented players at his disposal and overall doing a fairly good job so can't be all bad.

It's funny how most of us think this guy is such a bellend, yet we hang on every word he says at these press conferences.  It's a job in itself to ensure what you say can't be interpreted in a negative way, they obviously have to be heavily coached by the press officers, I would be shite at it, babble on way too much.

part of the pro license they have to get is media training. Listening to the press pass on talksport sunday and John Cross of the Mirror was talking a bit about it as he'd done that bit of it recently with Paul Ince on it and they do try to think of whatever scenario and how to answer it apparently.

Guest Haris Vuckic

We invite the bids - no doubt about it. Delegations don't just turn up, they're invited.

I'm fairly sure part of his job is to talk the players up - just like Llambias did a couple of year back with Tiote. I think Cabaye wanted to go - which is fair enough - but I don't think we put any effort in at all to stop him going.

Isn't the thing to keeping players like Cabaye, by showing the ambition to make it into the Champions League. Showing them the club is going places.

Something we most definitely do not do.  You can hardly blame players for wanting to play in the top competition, unfortunately to do that they have to leave us.

Aye I don't blame Cabaye one bit & I'm not shocked. The problem is the club has no ambition. None whatsoever.

It's even in the mission statement that it's their intention to buy cheap young players approaching their prime & sell them when they peak.

Till Ashley fucks off nothing changes.

Guest bimpy474

We invite the bids - no doubt about it. Delegations don't just turn up, they're invited.

I'm fairly sure part of his job is to talk the players up - just like Llambias did a couple of year back with Tiote. I think Cabaye wanted to go - which is fair enough - but I don't think we put any effort in at all to stop him going.

Isn't the thing to keeping players like Cabaye, by showing the ambition to make it into the Champions League. Showing them the club is going places.

Something we most definitely do not do.  You can hardly blame players for wanting to play in the top competition, unfortunately to do that they have to leave us.

Aye I don't blame Cabaye one bit & I'm not shocked. The problem is the club has no ambition. None whatsoever.

It's even in the mission statement that it's their intention to buy cheap young players approaching their prime & sell them when they peak.

Till Ashley fucks off nothing changes.

Aye, we're going to be on this horrendous carousel of shit and disappointment until he leaves.

It's funny how most of us think this guy is such a bellend, yet we hang on every word he says at these press conferences.  It's a job in itself to ensure what you say can't be interpreted in a negative way, they obviously have to be heavily coached by the press officers, I would be s**** at it, babble on way too much.

part of the pro license they have to get is media training. Listening to the press pass on talksport sunday and John Cross of the Mirror was talking a bit about it as he'd done that bit of it recently with Paul Ince on it and they do try to think of whatever scenario and how to answer it apparently.

I think Hughton must have gotten an A+ for that part of the course, don't remember him saying anything of any worth in any interview he did as NUFC boss and I guess that's what they are aiming for. While JFK in the unlikely event of him actually doing the course would have done well to scrape an F. Pardew's probably somewhere in the middle as a C, could do better.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Till Ashley f***s off nothing changes.

Aye, we're going to be on this horrendous carousel of s*** and disappointment until he leaves.

Pretty much yeh. :suicide:

I can't be sure we're even going to get the peaks after last years nightmare either.

I don't actually mind that philosophy as long as it's a building block to something more ambitious. Providing the financial foundations to build up your squad until you get to a position where there are no other clubs in a stronger place to take your prized assets away from you.

But clearly that's not the intent here, the summit has been set at top 10, anything beyond that is a bonus and will never become a new target.

Guest bimpy474

Aye, we're going to be on this horrendous carousel of s*** and disappointment until he leaves.

Pretty much yeh. :suicide:

I can't be sure we're even going to get the peaks after last years nightmare either.

As much as it pains me to say it but i actually think we might do quite well with Pardew as manager with a owner who spends.

As long as they dont let Pardew pick the buys like.

Have sympathy with Pardew on this, he clearly has no say on the majority of transfers and has said the right things in the press for once.

Realistically all of our players are for sale at all times, it's just the cunty Ashley way.

At least there was a vaguely strong comment on us needing a replacement in.

Would you let him after he picked Obertan :lol:

I meant transfers out especially but yeah, fair point :lol:

I just don't get the hate for 'him touting our players in the press'. Ultimately Ashley will sell when he wants, why lie?

Was it a poster on here who suggested AP got an incentive from transfer profit - if so he may have made a canny bit of cash from Yohan.  :coolsmiley:

It was a poster on here who said that.  I don't know who watched the local ITV news but Pardew was on having a whale of a time, the day he loses his best player for £20 million and he was having a good old chuckle while talking about it.

Was it a poster on here who suggested AP got an incentive from transfer profit - if so he may have made a canny bit of cash from Yohan.  :coolsmiley:

It was a poster on here who said that.  I don't know who watched the local ITV news but Pardew was on having a whale of a time, the day he loses his best player for £20 million and he was having a good old chuckle while talking about it.

Job done, innit - couldn't be more in Mike's good books.

I've just seen this utter b****** on the news and he was acting as if he'd just won the Euro Lottery.

I've said it for ages. It's the only way you'd get a manager to sign up to having his prize assets flogged from under him.

Apparently that's fantasy though.