Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

@lee_ryder: Pardew on derby: "Maybe the pressure of losing the last two played a part because we certainly rushed possession." #nufc

Fucking coward man. Nowt to do with him telling them to hoof it to Shola at the earliest opportunity.

he can't even accept responsibility for his own shit tactics but no surprise there.

They played well yesterday but they've not exactly been that good under Poyet (performances wise). They try to play the right way but have still looked pretty terrible in the couple of other instances I've seen them. They look much better away from home, IMO.

sound familiar?  we've been f***ing s*** at home for ages man, we look OK against the better teams but anyone coming to keep it tight and do us on the break it's nothing but an utter struggle and we've been very lucky to win some of the ones we did

Yeah, it does sound familiar. I'm not defending Pardew, man, I just don't think Poyet's all he's being cracked up to be.

What is Gus Poyet cracked up to be? No one's claimed he's Gus Hiddink, he's a lower league manager who is worth a punt if you are looking for someone to do a job on the cheap.

he might well become more tbh, seems sure of himself which is always a good sign and he's had top level experience as a player

far too early to call imo

They played well yesterday but they've not exactly been that good under Poyet (performances wise). They try to play the right way but have still looked pretty terrible in the couple of other instances I've seen them. They look much better away from home, IMO.

sound familiar?  we've been f***ing s*** at home for ages man, we look OK against the better teams but anyone coming to keep it tight and do us on the break it's nothing but an utter struggle and we've been very lucky to win some of the ones we did

Yeah, it does sound familiar. I'm not defending Pardew, man, I just don't think Poyet's all he's being cracked up to be.

What is Gus Poyet cracked up to be? No one's claimed he's Gus Hiddink, he's a lower league manager who is worth a punt if you are looking for someone to do a job on the cheap.

he might well become more tbh, seems sure of himself which is always a good sign and he's had top level experience as a player

far too early to call imo

I agree.

@lee_ryder: Pardew on derby: "Maybe the pressure of losing the last two played a part because we certainly rushed possession." #nufc

We're all doomed the next derby day then, having lost the previous 3.

It always amazes me how thick the top football journalists actually are. Just watching the Sunday supplement with journalists Custis and Winter discussing the derby, and both sympathising with Pardew and absolving him of any blame or criticism, then in the next breath they start waxing lyrical about the wonderful job Poyet is doing at Sunderland. Like it's come as a massive surprise. The level of football knowledge in this country is embarrassing.

They are all idiots - but most of all, they are ALL scared of offending Ashley, either because he might ban them or because he might sue them...huge wealth always talks..

It always amazes me how thick the top football journalists actually are. Just watching the Sunday supplement with journalists Custis and Winter discussing the derby, and both sympathising with Pardew and absolving him of any blame or criticism, then in the next breath they start waxing lyrical about the wonderful job Poyet is doing at Sunderland. Like it's come as a massive surprise. The level of football knowledge in this country is embarrassing.

They are all idiots - but most of all, they are ALL scared of offending Ashley, either because he might ban them or because he might sue them...huge wealth always talks..

To be fair they all laid into Ashley on the Sunday Suplement this morning... it was Pardew who got away with sympathy.

think that's the point being made dude, they're as thick as pigshit if they're not specifically pointing out pardew's failure yesterday

staggering the people who eat up the shit he comes out with

Poor little Pardew, lost Cabaye and doesn't know what to do. It's not his fault they sold the player who made things happen despite suspect tactics; not his fault we played 2 DMs, at home, to relegation strugglers; not his fault we played hoof it to lurch; not his fault we played our only attack minded flair player in the wrong position and he was nullified from the game; not his fault he can't get players fired up for a derby!

Blame the players, blame the board, but don't blame poor little Pardew. Ffs sack the lot. I know Pardew is only a symptom to the Ashley disease but fuck me, it's nice to have symptom relief when you're feeling as shitty as us right now!

We lost Cabaye just before the Norwich game so Pardew didn't have time to change anything, a bit like when we lost Ba and he played the way he was going to, even without him.  Against the mackems he has a new game-plan to work on and the best he can come up with is to hoof it.  Without Cabaye against Norwich we play decent football because he doesn't have time to change anything, against the mackems when he's starting fresh we hoof the ball and get rid of it as if it was a bomb ready to go off.

Losing Cabaye is not the reason for the hoofing as we've already seen, the tactically inept dinosaur of a manager is 100% responsible for that.

To be fair they all laid into Ashley on the Sunday Suplement this morning... it was Pardew who got away with sympathy.

think that's the point being made dude, they're as thick as pigshit if they're not specifically pointing out pardew's failure yesterday

staggering the people who eat up the s*** he comes out with

I know, I was just referring to Merlin's suggestion that they're scared of offending Ashley... which is not what I got from this morning's programme.

It was astonishing how they backed Pardew though.

What's more revealing isn't how they are unable to criticise their darling Pardew, but how that contrasts with their new found admiration of Poyet. They are fucking clueless man. The only decent football journos are the likes of Hugh Mcilvanney and Brian Glanville. The rest have about as much insight as the bloke down the pub.

This place just doesn't feel right without a Happy face graph. I'm having complete statdrawl symptoms.  Come on lad, it's page 4 for f*** sake!

http://i61.tinypic.com/6xulv8.jpg

Short Passes Per game recently.

Did you forget someone?

This place just doesn't feel right without a Happy face graph. I'm having complete statdrawl symptoms.  Come on lad, it's page 4 for f*** sake!

http://i61.tinypic.com/6xulv8.jpg

Short Passes Per game recently.

Did you forget someone?

?

We lost Cabaye just before the Norwich game so Pardew didn't have time to change anything, a bit like when we lost Ba and he played the way he was going to, even without him.  Against the mackems he has a new game-plan to work on and the best he can come up with is to hoof it.  Without Cabaye against Norwich we play decent football because he doesn't have time to change anything, against the mackems when he's starting fresh we hoof the ball and get rid of it as if it was a bomb ready to go off.

Losing Cabaye is not the reason for the hoofing as we've already seen, the tactically inept dinosaur of a manager is 100% responsible for that.

Good post.

First time I've properly been on here since the match but that first half was the worst thing I've ever seen. Pardew is a shithead, I hate him and he fucked this up like never before. Playing hoofball to Shola Ameobi ffs - even when it worked there was no follow-up. His full-time job is to work on tactics and training, yet that was the best he came up with?

Probably the biggest regret of my life was not running onto the pitch and punching him right in the face.

First time I've properly been on here since the match but that first half was the worst thing I've ever seen. Pardew is a shithead, I hate him and he f***ed this up like never before. Playing hoofball to Shola Ameobi ffs - even when it worked there was no follow-up. His full-time job is to work on tactics and training, yet that was the best he came up with?

Probably the biggest regret of my life was not running onto the pitch and punching him right in the face.

Its the best decision youve made to be fair.

Brett Ian & happy would club together to put a hit out on you if you touched Pardew lol

First time I've properly been on here since the match but that first half was the worst thing I've ever seen. Pardew is a shithead, I hate him and he f***ed this up like never before. Playing hoofball to Shola Ameobi ffs - even when it worked there was no follow-up. His full-time job is to work on tactics and training, yet that was the best he came up with?

Brett Ian & happy would club together to put a hit out on you if you touched Pardew lol

Yeah lol m8, u r cr4zee.

Yeah lol m8, u r cr4zee.

Do you want him sacked as of right now?

Guest bimpy474

I would like him to explain why he thought playing direct long ball football would work. When a season of it nearly got us relegated. And after watching us play some ok stuff at Norwich. Why the change ?

Moron of an unbelievable measure.

Guest Howaythetoon

First of all, I can't stand Brett and Ian's constant fence sitting and shit or whatever it is they spout but they do it without being cunts and as much as their patter does my head in, they are true fans and don't deserve anywhere near the level of crap they get. Do we want to drive members away by constantly attacking them for their views etc.?

True trolls and WUMs were the likes of Invicta Toon, not these lads, so lets give it a rest eh?!

It's a tough one TBH, I think he's an average manager rather than a shite one. And we're having an alright season except the derby debacle. And I try to keep stuff like selling Cabaye in perspective because that will always happen unless an oligarch owns us.

And then there's the question of the likely replacement.

Initially I wanted to give him time because I was sick of the managerial circus of sacking a manager every couple of weeks. People mock, but stability is important to me.

Right now if he was sacked I couldn't complain really, although this season we're doing alright. I would be interested to see what would happen, rather than gutted to see him gone.

Obviously all of this is kind of moot because the only serious problem we have is Mike Ashley's tight purse strings.

It's a tough one TBH, I think he's an average manager rather than a s**** one. And we're having an alright season except the derby debacle. And I try to keep stuff like selling Cabaye in perspective because that will always happen unless an oligarch owns us.

And then there's the question of the likely replacement.

Initially I wanted to give him time because I was sick of the managerial circus of sacking a manager every couple of weeks. People mock, but stability is important to me.

Right now if he was sacked I couldn't complain really, although this season we're doing alright. I would be interested to see what would happen, rather than gutted to see him gone.

Obviously all of this is kind of moot because the only serious problem we have is Mike Ashley's tight purse strings.

Fair play mate I can see your point of view.

I'm all for stability as well but with the right manager and Pardew isn't that.