Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd like Moyes. They guy had Everton competing to get into Europe pretty much every season, he made Goodison park a fortress, somewhere where you had to battle hard if you were to get a point, rarely did his teams just surrender, Fair enough his derby record wasn't great (but can you expect it to be when your derby rivals are Liverpool?) but Everton gave Liverpool a fight and players were not allowed to go and hide. Under Moyes I have seen games where Everton have just taken the other team apart, and I have seen games where they have had to play ugly football and battle hard.

If Moyes could bring that here then there is no doubt in my mind that he would take us up to the next level (challenging for Europe, eventually challenging for the top 4), it may take another manager to take us up to the next level after that but we need to take those first steps first.

tmonkey nailed it tbh. Moyes wouldn't touch a club with our transfer policy. He did very much change his style of play between the beginning and end of his Everton career, but changed it on the extremely solid base he'd built himself. It's a very interesting question of can he repeat that, and how?

It's a complete myth that he had nowt to spend for most of his tenure mind. The numbers say otherwise.

Which numbers?  I know he spent canny fairly big on a few players but there were some big incoming fees and long stretches where they signed nobody at all.

Total expenditure was ~£177m. There was some big money came in but it was always reinvested with more on top until the last year or two. They regularly shelled out upwards of £20m a season in the mid 2000s.

Re: the long stretches, they only spent £1.5m in the summer of 10/11 but every other summer under Moyes they spent at least £6m+ and usually more than £10m.

In fairness at the time it probably didn't feel like they were spending a lot compared to what they were getting from his management and what others were spending. From the perspective of a Newcastle fan in 2014, Everton's numbers between 2002-2010 look like Man City gone mad. :lol:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/everton-fc/transferbilanz/verein_29.html

i reckon moyes could work with what we've got here at the moment as long as he was able to add a few in the summer to fit his style a little more, a big mobile striker for example, couple of hard-working wingers, and a leader at the back to play with mym

i think he'd use mym & anita much better right off the bat, especially anita as i think he'd go with a competitive midfield 3 from the off, he'd get tiote doing what he should be doing and nothing else and he'd solidify the defence very quickly

main thing is what he'd do with hba i suppose

as stated i'd prefer someone else but i'd be happy with him replacing pardew, very fucking happy

I would be DELIGHTED if we got Moyes because he is a significant improvement on Pardew - then again, William Hague would be a significant improvement on Pardew...!

However, as I said in the Sack Race thread, Moyes fails Ashley's requirements as a manager because he;

a) hasn't been fired enough times and

b) He will be financially independent after his pay-off so not an Ashley puppet.

The fact that he hasn't won a trophy will go in his favour, though..!

Guest chopey

It's all about man utd for the rest of the season we are just an insignificant team from the north east that makes the numbers up .........just how Ashley likes it

Funny how Moyes is the proven one when its Martinez with the trophy to his name.

That's one of the dumbest things you've said, and by God you've said some dumb things.

He also has a relegation to his name, if we're going to make stupid arguments.

Moyes is a good manager. Martinez is a good manager. Martinez has benefited massively from the foundation that Moyes built at Everton. His teams leaked goals for fun at Wigan, and he wasn't able to fix it over three God damn years, that's how good he was. Moyes created a solid foundation and Martinez has expanded on it, but credit still must be given to Moyes for building the team. Let's judge Everton three years down the line when Martinez has time to sign more players like Alcaraz and that gimp he spent £5m on who hasn't done shit.

Yes his philosophy is to be admired and yes Everton have been brilliant to watch, but Moyes' track record is far better because he experienced sustained success. Martinez's success so far has been fleeting.

I'd take Moyes over Martinez if I had to pick one manager today for our club, given our (self imposed) financial constraints.

Martinez is the better candidate if you have the money to sign the best players but we don't and won't ever, and Moyes has proven himself at a club like us.

Funny how Moyes is the proven one when its Martinez with the trophy to his name.

That's one of the dumbest things you've said, and by God you've said some dumb things.

Moyes is a good manager. Martinez is a good manager. Martinez has benefited massively from the foundation that Moyes built at Everton. His teams leaked goals for fun at Wigan, and he wasn't able to fix it over three God damn years, that's how good he was. Moyes created a solid foundation and Martinez has expanded on it, but credit still must be given to Moyes for building the team. Let's judge Everton three years down the line when Martinez has time to sign more players like Alcaraz and that gimp he spent £5m on who hasn't done shit.

Yes his philosophy is to be admired and yes Everton have been brilliant to watch, but Moyes' track record is far better because he experienced sustained success. Martinez's success so far has been fleeting.

I'd take Moyes over Martinez if I had to pick one manager today for our club, given our (self imposed) financial constraints.

Martinez is the better candidate if you have the money to sign the best players but we don't and won't ever, and Moyes has proven himself at a club like us.

How are Everton, where Moyes had free rein to buy exactly the players he wanted and build exactly the structure he wanted, a "club like us"?

He couldn't be less of a fit for what we are tbh.

Moyes over-acheived on a limited budget at Everton, no question about that. And I don't remember too many people moaning about the quality of their football, though obviously it was limited by the players at his disposal.

The Man U situation shows up how good Ferguson was, rather than how poor Moyes is. Over the last four years or so, on paper, that team should never have been winning the Premiership.

On reflection, the pressure was always going to be greater on Moyes, as a manager who didn't have a track record of trophies. It needed a big name like Van Gaal to deal with the inevitable slippage once Ferguson had gone.

Man Utd was a poisoned chalice for Moyes, imo. There aren't any bigger boots to fill, and the only way was down, more or less. He won't get the time to grow into the job, and his successor will be in a much better position.

He did an exceptional job at Everton. No two ways about it.

Man Utd was a poisoned chalice for Moyes, imo. There aren't any bigger boots to fill, and the only way was down, more or less. He won't get the time to grow into the job, and his successor will be in a much better position.

He did an exceptional job at Everton. No two ways about it.

This isn't just you, Wacko. But I keep noticing people on here saying phrases that pardew would say and it really fucks me off :lol:

Gannin' on?

How are Everton, where Moyes had free rein to buy exactly the players he wanted and build exactly the structure he wanted, a "club like us"?

I was talking more about the financial constraints, mate.

I genuinely feel Moyes would be better for us than Martinez, given what we are and where we are.

I see my point went straight over your head there Pip....

All I'm saying is Martinez has nothing to prove i wasn't comparing them at all.

It's just funny that the game is about winning things, Martinez has and he has to prove something apparently.

I can accept anything so long as our manager shows ingenuity, honesty and a drive to win games. If it doesn't work? Fine. Last guy to do it was Keegan and he's my hero.

Yeah this is where I'm at.

Thank you for writing my feelings down for me, much appreciated.

Moyes is a good manager. Martinez is a good manager. Martinez has benefited massively from the foundation that Moyes built at Everton. His teams leaked goals for fun at Wigan, and he wasn't able to fix it over three God damn years, that's how good he was. Moyes created a solid foundation and Martinez has expanded on it, but credit still must be given to Moyes for building the team. Let's judge Everton three years down the line when Martinez has time to sign more players like Alcaraz and that gimp he spent £5m on who hasn't done s***.

I was talking more about the financial constraints, mate.

I genuinely feel Moyes would be better for us than Martinez, given what we are and where we are.

Better candidate at a club with money? Yet he's been able to win an FA Cup and now do a good job with Everton without spunking the cash. Moyes has had more money available to him as well as a better team and done far worse this season.

Martinez is a manager that has his philosophy about football and never backs down from trying to pass his way to wins rather than switch tactics every game depending on opposition. He plays to his strengths not opponents weaknesses. I'd have Martinez here any day of the week over Moyes, especially considering he's never really had a club where he could attract very good players.

Now that doesn't mean I wouldn't have Moyes here. I think Moyes is a good manager, I've just always held high regard for Martinez management style.

I can accept anything so long as our manager shows ingenuity, honesty and a drive to win games. If it doesn't work? Fine. Last guy to do it was Keegan and he's my hero.

Yeah this is where I'm at.

Thank you for writing my feelings down for me, much appreciated.

You're walcome.