Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd be willing to give Sherwood a go tbh. He's been in a bit of a weird situation in the Spurs job where he was given a very short contract and has been using it as a shop window to try and get himself a new job.

Yeah he's come across as a bit of a tit, but we don't really know how he'd get on here other than maybe trying to score some goals. That would be canny, wouldn't it?

He'd probably make Ben Arfa "his Adebayor" (making him his main player) and fair enough tbh.

I'd give him a go 100%, he's something different to a lot of other managers.

Not the best in the league or anything but we're talking about Sherwood or Pardew, aren't we? :lol:

I think there would be plenty of other managers who would try to score goals. I know we are in a desperate situation but you don't need to give someone aids to try and cure their cancer.

Very bored now of going from shit manager to shit manager, I know we won't be willing to pay another club for their good manager or give a top manager wages that reflect his ability but there must be someone! Every time it comes back to Ketsbaia for me, he seems to fit every criteria. Wish Speed was still alive :(

I think there would be plenty of other managers who would try to score goals. I know we are in a desperate situation but you don't need to give someone aids to try and cure their cancer.

Very bored now of going from shit manager to shit manager, I know we won't be willing to pay another club for their good manager or give a top manager wages that reflect his ability but there must be someone! Every time it comes back to Ketsbaia for me, he seems to fit every criteria. Wish Speed was still alive :(

Like Dave says though, Sherwood's only been in the job for 20 matches. Bit harsh writing him off as 'shit' imo.

For me, if he can make a group of players 1% better than the sum of their parts, he's a better bet than Pardew.

Like Dave says though, Sherwood's only been in the job for 20 matches. Bit harsh writing him off as 'shit' imo.

For me, if he can make a group of players 1% better than the sum of their parts, he's a better bet than Pardew.

He might not be shit, he just comes across as a massive cunt and unless he has a great deal of ability about him I couldn't get behind him. He hasn't shown enough about him in the admittedly short time he has had for me to get over how much of a tosser he is.

I know expectations have been lowered, I desperately didn't want Pardew to be sacked as I was certain Kinnear was his ready made replacement so I am hypocritical but I really don't want to go from one dickhead to another when I am sure we can do better.

Maybe Sherwood will go on to be a good manager but his general demeanour at the moment really puts me off.

Fair points mate. I just look at the extremely limited pool of managers that Ashley will pick from and wonder. Perhaps it would be better to have someone starting their career over someone who's career ended 20+ years ago?

Fair points mate. I just look at the extremely limited pool of managers that Ashley will pick from and wonder. Perhaps it would be better to have someone starting their career over someone who's career ended 20+ years ago?

Yeah that's fair too, I just really don't like Sherwood :lol:

straight choice between sherwood and pardew then yeah sherwood every time, choice between sherwood and the thousands of other managers out there though?  fuck off sherwood

he's got potential to be a much bigger cunt than pardew tbh;

"Tim Sherwood, a "source" told the Sun in January, "is not afraid to speak out". Thanks, "source". We hadn't noticed. As the man himself said this week, "I am singing it from the heart, not from the script – I'm not an actor, I work on impulse." On Thursday night he impulsively declared that Benfica's finger-waving manager Jorge Jesus "lacks class", and what's more he thinks it would be a good idea to ignore him completely when Spurs are in Lisbon for their Big Vase round of whatever second leg. "Nah, not for me thank you," he declared. "I have no intention of speaking to him."

Good plan, Tim. If you don't much like someone, it's often best to avoid them completely. And he wouldn't be the first Spurs manager to refuse to talk to a person he considered disrespectful, after all. Glenn Hoddle did it once, when one particularly insolent player criticised him in the press. Midfielder, this player was. Name of Sherwood. "The day after the article came out I tried to have a meeting with Hoddle," he sobbed. "He just said, 'I don't want to talk to you.' And those were the last words he ever said to me … In the end, the situation got so bad I wrote a formal letter of grievance."

OK, but a man's allowed to change his mind, isn't he? And to his great credit, Sherwood seems a principled chap. Take, for example, his criticism of Dimitar Berbatov in 2007, towards the end of the sulky Bulgarian's time at Spurs. "He is a big character in the dressing room and if he starts poisoning the rest of the boys you've had it," Sherwood said. "You need players in this situation, players who are going to fight for you." Like Sherwood himself fought for his managers. Take, say, Mr Roy at Blackeye Rovers, who wistfully recalled: "Tim became very disenchanted with the club. Being such an important character, his discontent was able to spread to a lot of other players. These people didn't have the strength of character or experience to stand up to somebody who was finding fault with most things."

Finding fault with most things, eh? Doesn't sound like Tim. He just sings from the heart. And, besides, he was younger then, and still learning. He's older now. Wiser. "When you get to this late stage of your career," he said a full decade ago, "you do start to think about the possibility of management and what you have learned from your different bosses." So, let's see exactly what he's learned, and how well he learned it:

Thing No1: "George Graham has a simple philosophy: 'If you don't lose goals you don't lose games.' If there's a secret behind his success, I think that's it." Result: Spurs, having kept a clean sheet in 54% of games this season before his appointment, have been running at 29% since.

Thing No2: "I've learned a hell of a lot from Glenn Hoddle – and all of it his how not to do the job. His biggest fault is he has absolutely no man-management skills. The art of successful management involves keeping everyone in the squad happy." The result: Sherwood accuses his players of being "lazy and unprofessional" and "too nice to each other". He shouldn't have to worry about their feelings, he reveals: "They are men. I'm a manager, not a babysitter."

Thing No3: "Kenny Dalglish's great managerial talent was that not only did he know every one of his own players but everybody else's as well. He would study the opposition and tell us what their players were good and bad at. He was a genius, the absolute guv'nor." Result: Luisão left totally unmarked by an ill-prepared Spurs defence at set pieces and scores for Benfica. Twice.

In summary, don't pay any attention to anything the man says. Or does. Many moons ago, when the Fiver was just a glint in Tim Berners-Lee's eye, the PFA used to publish, on actual paper, an annual guide to England's professional footballers. One of them once attempted to summarise Sherwood's character in two words. The ones they chose? "Previously enigmatic"."

i still say there's fuck all wrong with mckay if the options are to be purely taken from the rejects bin :lol:

might as well get clarky instead of sherwood ffs

i still say there's f*** all wrong with mckay if the options are to be purely taken from the rejects bin :lol:

might as well get clarky instead of sherwood ffs

Clarke is awful tbh

i don't know that sherwood is up to much personally, i think he's got a very good squad of players and that's about it...

Very bored now of going from s*** manager to s*** manager, I know we won't be willing to pay another club for their good manager or give a top manager wages that reflect his ability but there must be someone! Every time it comes back to Ketsbaia for me, he seems to fit every criteria. Wish Speed was still alive :(

:lol: A good summary. If we went for Sherwood I'd probably consider chucking the towel in.

How can anyone judge if he's better that anybody else? He's had like 20 games or something.

I know we're desperate, but come on, he's totally untested

That's my point, to be honest. The alternative options don't seem to be much better?

Shows how far we've fallen, you think we'd even consider Sherwood as youth coach if FS was still here? Not that I'm advocating the fat bastard back, we've just been well and truly Pardewed/Ashleyed!

Given where we're at though, any stepping stone, any at all right now would suffice.

Anyone post the Daily Mail piece about the club/fans? Nail on head I'm afraid.

Guest bimpy474

People aren't advocating Sherwood here, just as a straight choice. Don't think there's a single person that actually wants him.

Exactly, the overeactions are fucking mental, it's just a paper story that is 100% bullshit anyhoo.

hopefully Ashley will realise that the value of the "assets" ie the players is going down significantly with Pardew in charge. for example i doubt we'd be able to get 10m for Ben Arfa now. a good manager who gets him playing well could double that. the value of pretty much all our players is reducing. now that some our most important players are gone, we are left with a bunch of average players without the likes of Cabaye with them to make them look better

People aren't advocating Sherwood here, just as a straight choice. Don't think there's a single person that actually wants him.

Why are we even discussing Sherwood? How about hiring a proper manager for one of the biggest clubs in the world? We've become the fan version of Reek from Game of Thrones, with Ashley as Lord Roose Bolton.

Why are we even discussing Sherwood? How about hiring a proper manager for one of the biggest clubs in the world? We've become the fan version of Reek from Game of Thrones, with Ashley as Lord Roose Bolton.

I'm not sure - but you've just done the same thing again.