Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just want to see the back of Pardew, then I might think about who I would want to replace him with.

We've been here before too many times now.

We've been where?

Just accepting someone who might be marginally better.

I just want to see the back of Pardew, then I might think about who I would want to replace him with.

We've been where?

We've only got 3 games to go before the season is over and we would have a better chance of upgrading, sack Pardew now and wait is better for me as potential managers would make noises if they knew we were looking.

We have 3 games left, two of which are against Arsenal and Liverpool which means a rotten end to the season is more or less nailed on, with a top 10 finish looking less and less likely. I think it's fair enough to speculate on Pardew's replacement. Even if Ashley can't bear the thought of parting with his pet poodle, Pardew's position is close to becoming untenable.

Unfortunately, as we all know, Ashley's list of priorities when hiring a manager looks like this:

1) Must not try to interfere with transfer decision making

2) Must not criticise me in the press

3) Must always promote my way of doing things as the best NUFC can hope for

That's it, football doesn't really come into it. By the way, for anyone looking for proof of how I could possibly know this:

:pardsgrin:

Unfortunately, as we all know, Ashley's list of priorities when hiring a manager looks like this:

That's it, football doesn't really come into it.

Oh it does....

4) Must not finish higher than 8th place

5) Must try to go out of cup competition at earliest round/opportunity

True enough, in which case the correct response from genuine Newcastle fans should be to call for the head of Pardew now, and then start a campaign against the next stooge if and when he is installed. Ashley will only persist if he's allowed to get away with it.

Oh it does....

Yeah that's very true actually, you could sort of fit that into number 3. Or, change it to 'must always do as he's told'.

True enough, in which case the correct response from genuine Newcastle fans should be to call for the head of Pardew now, and then start a campaign against the next stooge if and when he is installed. Ashley will only persist if he's allowed to get away with it.

A sustained campaign against the club itself is the only way to shift Ashley for good.

We've been where?

We've only got 3 games to go before the season is over and we would have a better chance of upgrading, sack Pardew now and wait is better for me as potential managers would make noises if they knew we were looking.

Apologies, misunderstood you. Yep I would get rid now. We would give the new manager a few games to get to know the squad or start working on who we want next.

That's it, football doesn't really come into it. By the way, for anyone looking for proof of how I could possibly know this:

:pardsgrin:

I think the first isn't totally true, the manager doesn't have final say but he does have some say. I would expect if Pardew said look for a forward then that would happen. That doesnt mean we'd get one because we all know anybody coming in must be seen as a bargain. I also don't totally agree with point 3, the fraud does that to try and mask his deficiencies, he's shit so he kisses his bosses arse.

A sustained campaign against the club itself is the only way to shift Ashley for good.

my sig

Oh it does....

Yeah that's very true actually, you could sort of fit that into number 3. Or, change it to 'must always do as he's told'.

I don't buy into that, I believe our priority is the league and Pardew cannot sustain league survival and cup games so as it's not a priority he's happy to drop out and Ashley's not arsed. However if a manager could get a run in a cup and still win league games I don't think Ashley would be arsed either. It doesn't cost us anything and we make a small amount of money from it, why would he be bothered?

Once Pardew is gone we will hopefully get someone who is willing to give it a run in the cups, depends who that is though.

A sustained campaign against Pardew is in effect part of the campaign against Ashley.

Just the 37.

Allardyce (Blackburn)

Hodgson (Liverpool)

Di Matteo (WBA)

Grant (West Ham)

Ancelotti (Chelsea)

Houllier (Aston Villa)

Hughes (Fulham)

Bruce (Sunderland)

Warnock (QPR)

McCarthy (Wolves)

Villas-Boas (Chelsea)