Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In addressing the document, the board stated that Alan Pardew (AP) will remain the club's manager. The board stated that incorrect media reports which claimed Newcastle United had contacted other individuals about the manager position were in the hands of the club's legal team.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Fans/FansForum/0,,10278~3831748,00.html

Misery confirmed.

http://i.imgur.com/OXomD.jpg

Document question: Why are there so many inconsistent messages from the club concerning transfer budgets and numbers of players? We have heard of just two recruits, five recruits and even six recruits. Do these messages take into account the players that are out of contract and players on loan that also need replacing?

The board explained that the message it had continued to convey in relation to transfers - including in LC's statement in April - is, and will remain, its view. It was explained that any other messages or reports were unhelpful for both the club and its supporters and that the club will continue to work to address any issues.

:anguish:

Guest TruToon94

That's one of the worst article's I've ever seen. Ever.

I honestly can't believe he's advocating listening to Pardew over Carr. Jesus Christ. I hate to bang on about it but the Tevez and Maschereno situation proved that Pardew shouldn't even be allowed to choose the squad let alone buy players. He's a moron who has one good season at every club then shite for ever more.

I have little doubt that if all the teams below us hadn't of been so shite we'd have been down. Got very lucky that this was a bizzare and troubled season for a lot of clubs. Next season that luck won't stick.

"Players were heavily incentivised to finish in the highest position possible, with tenth representing the minimum bonus available."

That's interesting. So 10th was the minimum position for a bonus, then increased per place.

The reason to fuck the cups off -

"The board outlined research into Premier League clubs in relation to domestic cup competitions in the last five years, with Swansea City the only club outside the traditional top six to win a domestic cup and not be relegated in the same season (Birmingham and Wigan Athletic were both relegated). Independent research into the cost of relegation over the past ten years showed there is a 50% chance of not gaining promotion back to the top flight and a 30% chance of being relegated to League One or further. In addition, if clubs do return to the Premier League, it takes four years on average."

The board need to lay off the statistics. :buck2:

My takeaway from the meeting was can't try cups cos will be relegated

This.

Also, wtf?

Document question: What is the club's ambition going forward? Given the target this season was a top ten finish and it has been achieved, what will the target for progression be in the league next year? Also, what is the target for cup competitions next year?

The board reiterated the club's commitment to an open and consistent communications process with fans. The board accepted that the second half of the season had been disappointing but underlined its aim of improving on 16th-place finish in 2012/13 with a top ten finish in 2013/14 had been realised. It was stated that the club's aims for the 2014/15 Premier League season would be made public once they had been determined. The board reiterated that the Premier League will remain the club's priority.

-----

So, erm, "fuck the cupz," alright, but you still haven't determined WHERE you want to finish next year? How about a simple fucking "we'll aim for the European places" placeholder of a statement? At least fucking LIE to us and make us feel good. Motherfuckers, man. Mother. Fuck.

This.

Also, wtf?

Document question: What is the club's ambition going forward? Given the target this season was a top ten finish and it has been achieved, what will the target for progression be in the league next year? Also, what is the target for cup competitions next year?

The board reiterated the club's commitment to an open and consistent communications process with fans. The board accepted that the second half of the season had been disappointing but underlined its aim of improving on 16th-place finish in 2012/13 with a top ten finish in 2013/14 had been realised. It was stated that the club's aims for the 2014/15 Premier League season would be made public once they had been determined. The board reiterated that the Premier League will remain the club's priority.

-----

So, erm, "fuck the cupz," alright, but you still haven't determined WHERE you want to finish next year? How about a simple fucking "we'll aim for the European places" placeholder of a statement? At least fucking LIE to us and make us feel good. Motherfuckers, man. Mother. Fuck.

Chill oot. They will state the targets for next season when they have a better idea surely.

No point expecting Europe if the sum total of our summer spend is Colback and a half chewed ham sandwich.

The reason to f*** the cups off -

"The board outlined research into Premier League clubs in relation to domestic cup competitions in the last five years, with Swansea City the only club outside the traditional top six to win a domestic cup and not be relegated in the same season (Birmingham and Wigan Athletic were both relegated). Independent research into the cost of relegation over the past ten years showed there is a 50% chance of not gaining promotion back to the top flight and a 30% chance of being relegated to League One or further. In addition, if clubs do return to the Premier League, it takes four years on average."

I really don't know why we bother. I think that takes the biscuit as the most absurd thing to come out of the clubs mouth in recent years.

This.

Also, wtf?

-----

Chill oot. They will state the targets for next season when they have a better idea surely.

No point expecting Europe if the sum total of our summer spend is Colback and a half chewed ham sandwich.

Are you fucking kidding me? Are you one of the "Club Representatives?" Get real here, man.

They're taking us for a ride, and these minutes have just left me fuming. The more I read, the more I fume.

Document question: Why - when we have largely played one game per week and had far fewer injuries to key players - have we been much worse than last season when we also played in the Europa League?

The board again accepted that the team had underperformed during the second half of the season. It was noted that the better performances had been witnessed by fans away from home.

And what the fuck does that mean? That home fans put too much pressure? ^

I really don't know why we bother. I think that takes the biscuit as the most absurd thing to come out of the clubs mouth in recent years.

Yep, that is a shocking quote and I'm actually trying to forget it exists. I've blocked it out already, and I hope to never read it again. Unreal.

There is so much bollocks in those minutes that it is genuinely difficult to digest. Don't even know where to start.

Couldn't be arsed to read it. Can't wait to lay into Pardew even harder next season, the clueless cunt.

This.

Also, wtf?

-----

Are you fucking kidding me? Are you one of the "Club Representatives?" Get real here, man.

They're taking us for a ride, and these minutes have just left me fuming. The more I read, the more I fume.

Document question: Why - when we have largely played one game per week and had far fewer injuries to key players - have we been much worse than last season when we also played in the Europa League?

The board again accepted that the team had underperformed during the second half of the season. It was noted that the better performances had been witnessed by fans away from home.

And what the fuck does that mean? That home fans put too much pressure? ^

No. Just that home performances have been especially shit.

No idea why that came out in a question relating to post Europe form mind.

Yep, that is a shocking quote and I'm actually trying to forget it exists. I've blocked it out already, and I hope to never read it again. Unreal.

They are so thick they will quite brazenly lay it out on the table that their only concern is surviving in the premier. Fucking piss takers.

This.

Also, wtf?

-----

Surely you set targets and then act in the transfer window accordingly, not set targets dependent on how the transfer window goes?