Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Au revoir HBA and Marveaux

“There are some players here that need new clubs.

“I will be advising them that it might be better to move on.”

When did he say this?

It's in The Shields Gazette mate

I'd say thats the end of MYM also. The c*** clearly doesn't rate him.

He hadn't even heard of him when he signed  :lol:

Douglas or someone made the point after the fans forum shit that the clubs attitude and ethos is the opposite to that of sport in general. The will to win and succeed.

Souness, Dalglish, Gullit were all bad managers but none of them imo would work in an environment where not winning was the aim.

Pardew is not a football manager.

Au revoir HBA and Marveaux

“There are some players here that need new clubs.

“I will be advising them that it might be better to move on.”

When did he say this?

It's in The Shields Gazette mate

I'd say thats the end of MYM also. The c*** clearly doesn't rate him.

He hadn't even heard of him when he signed  :lol:

Says everything doesn't it. A very highly rated young centre back who was getting linked to Arsenal, Man Utd, Real Madrid and numerous other massive clubs and that fraud hadn't heard of him yet our board trusted him to manage him. Everything about this club is rotten.

Guest firetotheworks

Guarantee that if there was a meeting about Pardew's future, at least one person said "Keep calm and carry on"

That's the sort of cunts we're dealing with.

Why would any...

•  
  • Manager

• Player

• Young Fan

...choose to be associated with this club now?

I bet people will still go to cup games next season, though - despite the club admitting they aren't bothered.

The only way to achieve change is to turn your back 100%, and temporarily hurt the club. Yes it's hard, but it's the only thing that will hurt Ashley.

Name another board, anywhere in the world, who officially have no ambition?

Pardew is the worst manager we've had in the last 20 years. The rest had the balls to walk away or were sacked before they could, this f***ing prick won't ever leave us.

I bet people will still go to cup games next season, though - despite the club admitting they aren't bothered.

I bet they aren't the only club in England that feels that way about cup competition. I bet some other clubs without much ambition in the Premier League have that attitude, secretly.

What kills me is that they come out and say it publicly. And then still sell tickets as if it's a legitimate fixture. What does that say about their level of respect for their fan base?

The accounts demonstrate that this is a club that depends on match day revenue and TV money since it doesn't have a strong commercial base. But the comments and the tone of the meeting makes it pretty clear to me that they view the match day revenue as a dependable revenue stream, regardless of what they do. They believe the customers will continue to buy whatever product they want to sell, even if they come out and say that it will be s****.

Pardew is the worst manager we've had in the last 20 years. The rest had the balls to walk away or were sacked before they could, this f***ing prick won't ever leave us.

The fact he's probably worse than Souness is absolutely messed up. Didn't think I'd ever see someone as bad as Souness, not even Big Sam reached those lows in my opinion anyways.

I bet they aren't the only club in England that feels that way about cup competition. I bet some other clubs without much ambition in the Premier League have that attitude, secretly.

With respect, most of those clubs aren't Newcastle United. Pigeon-holing us with clubs like Hull, Swansea, Stoke et al is doing the club's work for them (not that you were necessarily, but it's often done just because we're in the same division). It's a bit of a funny Premier League at the moment in that there's a lot of teams who are still fairly new arrivals to the gravy train, or who have been yo-yo clubs. If other clubs want to solidify their Premier League status, to become mainstays like we are/were, that's up to them (all of them still have better cup records than us since 2007, for the record).

The expectations of a Newcastle fan to be at least punching our weight with Everton and Spurs are perfectly reasonable - very similar clubs to us within the Premier League era. The only other club in the division who can really have similar cause for complaint is Aston Villa, who are also suffering in a similar fashion and are also a much bigger club than those around them.

Souness did more damage to the club (with more scope to achieve it) but I hate Pardew far more.

I hated Souness so much, can't even remember how much, but at least I never stopped watching us under him. Pardew's team on the other hand...

Souness was just a bit of a bastard in general, and a poor manager. But he wasn't a liar and devious bullshitter like the The Fraud, and that alone raises him at least one level above.

Still think I hate Souness more tbh.

He had an ambitious (if misguided) board, was given a top 5 squad, a load of money to spend, fucked off our best players and was shit.

Pardew has a board with clear priorities not to do too well (Yewrup & cups cost money ffs!!), took over a recently promoted squad, best striker sold shortly after arriving (tbf he probably had something to gain from this), little to no backing, is fucking off our best players and is shit.

It is a Cancer vs Aids scenario tbh but the boards ambition and backing will probably always tilt it in Pardew's favour for me. Pardew is obviously the more recent agony though so will be at the top of people's minds.

Souness was just a bit of a b****** in general, and a poor manager. But he wasn't a liar and devious bullshitter like the The Fraud, and that alone raises him at least one level above.

Not sure Craig Bellamy would agree with you?  :whistle:

http://onbarrackroad.com/

Anyone come across this before? Canny good blog about us, even if he does have a dig at my article (or at least that bloody title :hmm: ).

Old stuff's well worth reading too, I've gone about 7 or 8 articles back, very anti-Pardew's football. Preaching to the converted obviously, but still good.

Fantastic move by the club. Clearly there isn't a human being out there who will accept the £0mil transfer fund, sale of our best player and still thank Ashley. So sticking with Pardew was the only way forward.

Still think I hate Souness more tbh.

He had an ambitious (if misguided) board, was given a top 5 squad, a load of money to spend, f***ed off our best players and was s***.

Pardew has a board with clear priorities not to do too well (Yewrup & cups cost money ffs!!), took over a recently promoted squad, best striker sold shortly after arriving (tbf he probably had something to gain from this), little to no backing, is f***ing off our best players and is s***.

It is a Cancer vs Aids scenario tbh but the boards ambition and backing will probably always tilt it in Pardew's favour for me. Pardew is obviously the more recent agony though so will be at the top of people's minds.

Yeah, ruined a top side. Start of our demise that has culminated in Pardew.

Fantastic move by the club. Clearly there isn't a human being out there who will accept the £0mil transfer fund, sale of our best player and still thank Ashley. So sticking with Pardew was the only way forward.

Sadly this is true. Everyone is saying Souness and Allardyce wouldn't have stood for it like Pardew does and they probably would have fu**ed off but who would want to come in and work under those conditions?

To be honest, if Ashley does give a reasonable wedge for transfers I'll be more annoyed as will be a "what if" scenario. Club is pretty stable, no DOF rubbish, good scout system, top support. Decent manager could make it work.

What really baffles me is that while we're publicly supporting Pardew, behind the scenes we're getting rid of his favourites (Gozza, Shola).  It's not like the Cabaye situation where there's tonnes of cash, these are useless cloggers we're talking about.  Why stick with the manager and immediately undermine him like that?

What really baffles me is that while we're publicly supporting Pardew, behind the scenes we're getting rid of his favourites (Gozza, Shola).  It's not like the Cabaye situation where there's tonnes of cash, these are useless cloggers we're talking about.  Why stick with the manager and immediately undermine him like that?

I know Gosling and Shola could have undermined him perfectly well on their own.

Souness was just a bit of a b****** in general, and a poor manager. But he wasn't a liar and devious bullshitter like the The Fraud, and that alone raises him at least one level above.

Not sure Craig Bellamy would agree with you?  :whistle:

What goes on inside the dressing room isn't exactly the same thing like.