Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I bet people will still go to cup games next season, though - despite the club admitting they aren't bothered.

I bet they aren't the only club in England that feels that way about cup competition. I bet some other clubs without much ambition in the Premier League have that attitude, secretly.

With respect, most of those clubs aren't Newcastle United. Pigeon-holing us with clubs like Hull, Swansea, Stoke et al is doing the club's work for them (not that you were necessarily, but it's often done just because we're in the same division). It's a bit of a funny Premier League at the moment in that there's a lot of teams who are still fairly new arrivals to the gravy train, or who have been yo-yo clubs. If other clubs want to solidify their Premier League status, to become mainstays like we are/were, that's up to them (all of them still have better cup records than us since 2007, for the record).

The expectations of a Newcastle fan to be at least punching our weight with Everton and Spurs are perfectly reasonable - very similar clubs to us within the Premier League era. The only other club in the division who can really have similar cause for complaint is Aston Villa, who are also suffering in a similar fashion and are also a much bigger club than those around them.

I'm sure you've done this on purpose but even these clubs have reached domestic finals in recent years.

What really baffles me is that while we're publicly supporting Pardew, behind the scenes we're getting rid of his favourites (Gozza, Shola).  It's not like the Cabaye situation where there's tonnes of cash, these are useless cloggers we're talking about.  Why stick with the manager and immediately undermine him like that?

Alan Pardew isn't the biggest problem with the club. He's just the biggest symptom. Any decent board would've thrown him away long time.

Good chance he'll start the season longest-serving manager in the PL.

Bear in mind this is the same regime/owner that came out and publicly stated that Alan Shearer was the man they wanted to be our manager (immediately after we were relegated) and look how that turned out. 

Straws. Clutching. I know!!

Guest firetotheworks

He's not a symptom though, he is merely part of the very same problem. He's not a result of the way that we approach on field success because of those above him, he actively approaches matches in the same way. He's not even a puppet tbh, he's the willing, enthusiastic and shameless front man for the problem.

What really baffles me is that while we're publicly supporting Pardew, behind the scenes we're getting rid of his favourites (Gozza, Shola).  It's not like the Cabaye situation where there's tonnes of cash, these are useless cloggers we're talking about.  Why stick with the manager and immediately undermine him like that?

I know Gosling and Shola could have undermined him perfectly well on their own.

Think keeping him on & then being able to undermine him instantly is exactly why they kept him.

Guest firetotheworks

Probs just best to ditch the medicine metaphor.

What's wrong? Don't like the taste when it's your own?

The Shola and Gosling thing is very transparent to me. Pardew has told Ashley HBA, Marv and Oba are not good enough and/or they're troublemakers. He then plays knackers coming out of contract so he can point to Ashley and say look what I have to work with, please buy me more Cabaye's and Ba's. And Ashley seems to have bought it.

The Shola and Gosling thing is very transparent to me. Pardew has told Ashley HBA, Marv and Oba are not good enough and/or they're troublemakers. He then plays knackers coming out of contract so he can point to Ashley and say look what I have to work with, please buy me more Cabaye's and Ba's. And Ashley seems to have bought it.

We need to sign very good players so that the Pardewing process takes longer. Sign knackers and we're screwed from the start. Sign decent players and we'll get a season or two before he breaks them or they escape. All very depressing.

We need to sign very good players so that the Pardewing process takes longer. Sign knackers and we're screwed from the start. Sign decent players and we'll get a season or two before he breaks them or they escape. All very depressing.

well, he didn't manage to fully pardew cabaye in the time he had him, there were times when cabaye slipped into the pardewed zone but his class always managed to pull him out

just need moar cabaye's then, as the man has been saying all along :lol:

well, he didn't manage to fully pardew cabaye in the time he had him, there were times when cabaye slipped into the pardewed zone but his class always managed to pull him out

Wonder how long it would take to Pardew a Messi level player?

That's like giving Katie Price to a virgin, they will have no clue what to do!

That's like giving Katie Price to a virgin, they will have no clue what to do!

Look at what happened to Gareth Gates. Poor kid didn't even have a stutter he met her.

Guest TruToon94

Still think I hate Souness more tbh.

He had an ambitious (if misguided) board, was given a top 5 squad, a load of money to spend, f***ed off our best players and was s***.

Pardew has a board with clear priorities not to do too well (Yewrup & cups cost money ffs!!), took over a recently promoted squad, best striker sold shortly after arriving (tbf he probably had something to gain from this), little to no backing, is f***ing off our best players and is s***.

It is a Cancer vs Aids scenario tbh but the boards ambition and backing will probably always tilt it in Pardew's favour for me. Pardew is obviously the more recent agony though so will be at the top of people's minds.

A recently promoted squad who had beat Sunderland 5-1 and Arsenal 1-0 and were sitting comfortably in mid-table.

I know that's not what you were saying but it annoys me with fans in general who say, "well where were we before Pardew". I'd say we had enormous hope as a club, a manager who fans and players loved and who was bringing pride back to the club and a city being brought to life again. I can't believe Hughton was supported as being sacked by some fans because we lost 3-1 once.

Bloody Pardew has been mullered by the Mackems by bigger scorelines and more than one occasion and still has support. Pardew has had plenty of backing and has a squad of players most of whom are either internationals or have international experience. In fact I'm happy we haven't signed anybody of Pardew's choosing because that would be an awful team because he is a shit manager.

Never thought I'd say this but at least the days of Souness we still had pride and the CD pairing of Boumsong and Bramble was hilarious. Now I don't even bother watching matches because the club doesn't actually want to win. A new manager would quite literally improve the entirety of my life significantly. Pardew is a spineless twat who deserves to be shot.

Guest TruToon94

A day. He'd play him on the bench and bring him on as LB for ten minutes at the end of the match and sprout shit like, "Now he wasn't tracking back enough in training and you don't want a player who gets us excited, not good for my heart. I'll think you'll be seeing a new side of Messi as a defensive player. Get him some proper British grit and none of that fancy stuff either"

Guest firetotheworks

It would mean our hatred being directed towards Ashley instead, which I imagine is part of the appeal for Ashley to keep Pardew. When Hughton was here, the hate wasn't as vitriolic, but it was still firmly directed at Ashley alone.

It would mean our hatred being directed towards Ashley instead, which I imagine is part of the appeal for Ashley to keep Pardew. When Hughton was here, the hate wasn't as vitriolic, but it was still firmly directed at Ashley alone.

It used to be the case under Shepherd that chants of 'sack the board' were the death knell for a manager.