Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't think we would sack him if we finished outside the top ten, as if our ambitions are that lofty.

Hell noooo we wouldn't, we'd save the club having to pay the players and all the club staff the top ten bonus!

If I was Ashley I'd sack him now for being as high as we are. :cheesy:

I don't think we would sack him if we finished outside the top ten, as if our ambitions are that lofty.

Not sure we would either, depends on how the season went. If we battled relegation for most of it then climbed up to tenth through a couple of late wins he might be in danger. As it is I don't think it matters where we finish now.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Either Pardew or someone very similar.

He wont have a manager that doesn't sing from the same hymn sheet as the regime.

IF we don't bring in a creative midfielder this window surely Pardew has to feel shafted?

The only reason he wouldn't feel hard done by was if he got a cut of the Cabaye deal. Otherwise he's lost his best player and the only scrap he's been tossed is a lad whose proven he can do absolutely nothing outside of Holland.

IF we don't bring in a creative midfielder this window surely Pardew has to feel shafted?

The only reason he wouldn't feel hard done by was if he got a cut of the Cabaye deal. Otherwise he's lost his best player and the only scrap he's been tossed is a lad whose proven he can do absolutely nothing outside of Holland.

I'm sure he's pissed off about a lot of things, he's just decided that the job is good enough to put up with it.

- LDY -

Remy                          HBA

Marveaux

Anita     

Tiote

Do that, you s***. Anita covering the shit out of everyone and Tiote not allowed to drift.

- LDY -

Marveaux

Anita     

Tiote

Do that, you s***. Anita covering the shit out of everyone and Tiote not allowed to drift.

that is fucking madness tbf, 90% of the teams in the league would take us apart playing that

- LDY -

Marveaux

Anita     

Tiote

that is fucking madness tbf, 90% of the teams in the league would take us apart playing that

I did wonder. Personally I'm a big fan of Sissoko and would keep him in. In the wide positions I'm not sure, it's extremely lightweight without Gouff.

I think Pardew talking about our players leaving adds fuel to the fire personally, in a similar way to when other managers talk about players that aren't their own then the increased speculation is likely to unsettle them. 

Some clubs complain to the authorities about their players being tapped up in these circumstances but those clubs don't usually want to sell their best players and don't have their manager playing head salesman in the press.

Guest Haris Vuckic

We invite the bids - no doubt about it. Delegations don't just turn up, they're invited.

I'm fairly sure part of his job is to talk the players up - just like Llambias did a couple of year back with Tiote. I think Cabaye wanted to go - which is fair enough - but I don't think we put any effort in at all to stop him going.

He has very little say on players getting sold tbh, that will have been Ashley, Joe and Cabaye wanting to leave as I can't imagine Pardew would want his best player to leave no matter the cost.

He is to blame however for whoring him about in the media and constantly talking about potential bids for our players, added to the inept football at times and not pushing to get into europe probably makes players want to leave at some point. That's as much Pardew as it is Ashley because the managers preferred style of play and our transfer strategy are not very well aligned.

I don't blame Cabaye and wish him luck personally, he deserves to be at a club challenging for things and kind of glad he did not go to a club in this country. You can also see why he would be happy to go back to the country he is from and of course Paris which pisses on Newcastle for things to do.

I just hope we can now move on and invest in player or two to replace him. Can we splash 10-12 million on a attacking midfielder and another 5 on a central midfielder / winger to at least give us attacking capabilities. If that happened then I would be ok with it.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew was begging them to make a bid early to leave time to buy a replacement so they wouldn't have to knock it back.  He literally said that.

He did say it, tbf to him he's right. Well if we actually replace Cabaye that is.

Guest bimpy474

We invite the bids - no doubt about it. Delegations don't just turn up, they're invited.

I'm fairly sure part of his job is to talk the players up - just like Llambias did a couple of year back with Tiote. I think Cabaye wanted to go - which is fair enough - but I don't think we put any effort in at all to stop him going.

Isn't the thing to keeping players like Cabaye, by showing the ambition to make it into the Champions League. Showing them the club is going places.

Something we most definitely do not do.  You can hardly blame players for wanting to play in the top competition, unfortunately to do that they have to leave us.

Have sympathy with Pardew on this, he clearly has no say on the majority of transfers and has said the right things in the press for once.

Realistically all of our players are for sale at all times, it's just the cunty Ashley way.

At least there was a vaguely strong comment on us needing a replacement in.

Guest bimpy474

Have sympathy with Pardew on this, he clearly has no say on the majority of transfers and has said the right things in the press for once.

Realistically all of our players are for sale at all times, it's just the cunty Ashley way.

Would you let him after he picked Obertan :lol:

Absolutely no sympathy for this fraudulent hack whatsoever.

For anything.

Agreed. Does anyone get the feeling he's the most helpless man in football? Stuck in a job in which he has very limited power, is essentially a mouthpiece for a corrupt regime who doesn't give a shit about him or the club he 'manages,' and still cannot walk away as it won't get better than this for him? Ever? Must be pretty shitty being him.