Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone read Alex Hurst's piece about him in True Faith? Fair, if totally obvious, point about the media - but re Pardew himself, I can't believe people can be so blind.

Hoy a brother a link.

I've got a subscription, not sure if it's accessible elsewhere.

Anyone read Alex Hurst's piece about him in True Faith? Fair, if totally obvious, point about the media - but re Pardew himself, I can't believe people can be so blind.

Hoy a brother a link.

I've got a subscription, not sure if it's accessible elsewhere.

Ah reet, thought it was an online jobbie. Will have a look.

Slim obviously off his fucking tree right now.

Clearly had no wish to win this match today, complete fuck nugget needs to piss off and take his shite back room staff with him, the owner and half the dross we have in the squad.

Slim's character obviously getting maximum attention right now.

Clearly had no wish to win this match today, complete fuck nugget needs to piss off and take his shite back room staff with him, the owner and half the dross we have in the squad.

fixed.

Slim's character obviously getting maximum attention right now.

Clearly had no wish to win this match today, complete f*** nugget needs to p*ss off and take his s**** back room staff with him, the owner and half the dross we have in the squad.

fixed.

Are you suggesting Slim is an attention whore? Well I never!

Tbf to slim he hasn't changed his stance in real life, he says the same stuff. Unfair to call him a WUM IMO

I was giving him too much credit then. I thought he was taking the piss in a subtle manner.

Its not just me Brett supports him  :aww:

So I am stupid because I think its better to have your manager (No matter who he is) in the dugout?

Think people need to look at the players for this result.

Pards can't get a break.

He went with two up front and all through the game the commentary was about how refreshing it is to see a team with two up front go for the win.

We beat Chealski using the same system so why cant the players perform?

We lose and he gets the blame.

He has done an amazing job taking the pressure off the players because everyone blames him when its got a lot to do with them.

I asked Neesy when out were do you expect us to finish at the start for the season and he 8th...so Pardew has them on track to where most people thought we would end up.

He has had no investment so next year if he gets the cash is the time to judge.

*Also be nice if the Admin that mutes me when I post pro Pardew stuff pop me a PM to explain why :)

Troll.

If you live in Newcastle come out and meet me with the rest of the people form here and see if you still think that.

Why do I need to lie to try and get a reaction from DJ NUFC got no idea who you are

I'm pulling yer leg, relax :lol:

I always welcome opposing viewpoints, and am glad you've had the balls to stick to your guns thus far. I live in Canada by the way, so quite a bit of a ride to come see you, unfortunately.

I always welcome opposing viewpoints, and am glad you've had the balls to stick to your guns thus far. I live in Canada by the way, so quite a bit of a ride to come see you, unfortunately.

If I am every there we can go ice skating while discussing Pardew...or is that to stereotypical it expect all Canadians to ice skate?

Slim, are you seriously surprised your muted when you miss point after point after point and keep posting gibberish? I think it's been stated consistently in this thread that people complaining about Pardew aren't complaining about results, it's the way we play and the way we conduct ourselves on that green rectangle. Pardew is a very limited manager, without the so called backing he still has one of the strongest squads in the league the best support in the league. Looking at our team most said 7th-9th would be a respectable finish before the season begun, but that doesn't mean we as fans should just accept this without ambition, without looking back, because if we did we might as well just not go the games stay at home and be content with everything in life. Our way of playing, our team, our board, our club at the moment lack the ambition to do more, why do we have to settle for 8th? Why do we have to endure performances the way we have done? I think this year was the year to try and close the gap between the top clubs, we lacked investment in the summer but why back a manager that leaves the investments on the bench? MBiwa, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Anita have all been investments made under Ashley, they've all sat on the bench for long. All of them have in my opinion warranted a longer run of games (Marv excl possibly). The fact we kept picking Tiote last year ahead of Anita, keep picking Saylor ahead of MBiwa, keep playing Gouffran, Sissoko, Cisse, Shola, Sammy ahead of Ben Arfa deserves a lot of questions from the fans.

I think what I want to say is that many consider Ashley the biggest problem, but is it Ashley's fault that after over 3 years  at the helm we're yet to find our identity as a club under Pardew? 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 1-3-1-1-1-3 no formation matter when we can't find OUR way of playing. Just like the season when we finished 5th we rely heavily on individual brilliance to win us points and that isn't a long-term solution.

To me it's no wonder English football is being left behind even more than in the last decade.

If I am every there we can go ice skating while discussing Pardew...or is that to stereotypical it expect all Canadians to ice skate?

I never learned to ice skate, although all my friends do ski and snowboard. I plan on learning curling this year though, so come down any time for a bit of the curl and beer!

Guest neesy111

Slim, are you seriously surprised your muted when you miss point after point after point and keep posting gibberish? I think it's been stated consistently in this thread that people complaining about Pardew aren't complaining about results, it's the way we play and the way we conduct ourselves on that green rectangle. Pardew is a very limited manager, without the so called backing he still has one of the strongest squads in the league the best support in the league. Looking at our team most said 7th-9th would be a respectable finish before the season begun, but that doesn't mean we as fans should just accept this without ambition, without looking back, because if we did we might as well just not go the games stay at home and be content with everything in life. Our way of playing, our team, our board, our club at the moment lack the ambition to do more, why do we have to settle for 8th? Why do we have to endure performances the way we have done? I think this year was the year to try and close the gap between the top clubs, we lacked investment in the summer but why back a manager that leaves the investments on the bench? MBiwa, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Anita have all been investments made under Ashley, they've all sat on the bench for long. All of them have in my opinion warranted a longer run of games (Marv excl possibly). The fact we kept picking Tiote last year ahead of Anita, keep picking Saylor ahead of MBiwa, keep playing Gouffran, Sissoko, Cisse, Shola, Sammy ahead of Ben Arfa deserves a lot of questions from the fans.

I think what I want to say is that many consider Ashley the biggest problem, but is it Ashley's fault that after over 3 years  at the helm we're yet to find our identity as a club under Pardew? 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 1-3-1-1-1-3 no formation matter when we can't find OUR way of playing. Just like the season when we finished 5th we rely heavily on individual brilliance to win us points and that isn't a long-term solution.

To me it's no wonder English football is being left behind even more than in the last decade.

:thup:

Completely forgetting our abysmal cup record under him.

Slim, are you seriously surprised your muted when you miss point after point after point and keep posting gibberish?
- I think saying we need Pardew back ASAP is more constructive than people saying they hop he dies and just as valid as Sack him.

I think it's been stated consistently in this thread that people complaining about Pardew aren't complaining about results –
They are look on the last page “Another abysmal result delivered by this w*****.”

He was not even in the ground.  He set a team up that should win and it was poor again.

And this “Clearly had no wish to win this match today” to say any manager that sets his team up with 2 strikers is not trying to win is stupid!

Pardew is a very limited manager – I admit this unlike some people, who won’t accept any pro points about Pardew. 

But he has the passion that normally fans crave.  Granted in past few months it has gone overboard and he is looking to fix this…Time will tell tho.

Just as I accept I would like to see Ben Arfa play but would be happy to never see Marveaux play again as I have never been impressed by him.

And this is the problem not everyone agrees on who is a good player. IMO Marveaux is only thought highly of cos we never see how bad he can be.

Big issue as far as I can see is if you sack Pardew who will be in next?

I am prepared to bet someone worse so be careful what you ask for.

Some of the abuse on here is just OTT.

I am extremely happy to admit I was wrong next year if he is given funds and does nothing.

Pardew tactics beat the best manager in the country so showed that if you work to that we should be able to beat the best.

Funds won't prove a thing ffs, he has consistently shown he does not have the nous to get the best from star players anyway.

So the possible scenarios are;

Given funds and wastes them

Given players and wastes them

Achieves fuck all with what he's got but at least no money wasted

Ashley will probably gamble he can keep us in the division with little or no outlay, and given Pardew can't work with actual talent or develop a meaningful system, I couldn't blame him.

Fair enough, but your third sentence is naive. I'm not saying he's not trying to win, but setting up a team with two strikers doesn't always mean that you're setting your team out to win. You can't deduce opinion based on formation, I saw Wigan play 5-3-2 at times last year which was ten times more attractive than our football and with players ten times as bad.