Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

However, Ben Arfa could start the fixture on the bench.

“I need weigh it up with everything else,” Newcastle manager Alan Pardew told the Gazette.

“Hatem needs to deliver. I’m concerned with his assists and his goals. He needs to produce for us.

“The last few games he’s played, there weren’t as many as there should have been. But I think his confidence is better, and I hope that part of it improves.”

Yeah, maybe asking him to track back rather than express himself has affected his attacking 'stats' Al. I don't know, what do you think? Utter tool.

:lol: He's barely featured since Boxing Day and even before that he was in and out of the side.

Guest reefatoon

“I need weigh it up with everything else,” Newcastle manager Alan Pardew told the Gazette.

“Hatem needs to deliver. I’m concerned with his assists and his goals. He needs to produce for us.

“The last few games he’s played, there weren’t as many as there should have been. But I think his confidence is better, and I hope that part of it improves.”

Yeah, maybe asking him to track back rather than express himself has affected his attacking 'stats' Al. I don't know, what do you think? Utter tool.

:lol: He's barely featured since Boxing Day and even before that he was in and out of the side.

Pardew has no interest in playing him and will flog him in the summer, where he will be replaced with 1 of the 11 James Tomkins mentioned earlier.  Depressing thought.

Guest neesy111

Manager should always have final say on transfers.  That is not me supporting Pardew btw, but I always believe the manager should be in control of the players he wants to sign, also the manager should be using the available resources (i.e. scouting) for him to make judgement on players.

Jesus christ. So fucking stupid.

Guest Roger Kint

One of the few things Ashley has done right. Stripped Pardew off his final say.

He hasn't let a manager have a genuine say in transfers since Allardyce pissed away nearly £7m on Alan Smith.

Nearly £18m in fees on Smith, Rozehnal, Barton & Faye(plus bumper deals for Cacapa, Viduka & Geremi) :anguish:

Manager should always have final say on transfers.  That is not me supporting Pardew btw, but I always believe the manager should be in control of the players he wants to sign, also the manager should be using the available resources (i.e. scouting) for him to make judgement on players.

This I agree with. Even discounting the fact that it's sensible for the incoming players to reflect the style and mentality, ultimately the manager should know more about the game than anyone else at the club, anyway.

Don't get me wrong here, I'd rather Pardew was having as little influence on the personnel as possible, but if he HAS to be here, I'd rather it was him picking which players we bring in than anyone else at NUFC.

One of the few things Ashley has done right. Stripped Pardew off his final say.

He hasn't let a manager have a genuine say in transfers since Allardyce p*ssed away nearly £7m on Alan Smith.

Nearly £18m in fees on Smith, Rozehnal, Barton & Faye(plus bumper deals for Cacapa, Viduka & Geremi) :anguish:

:scared:

Guest Roger Kint

This I agree with. Even discounting the fact that it's sensible for the incoming players to reflect the style and mentality, ultimately the manager should know more about the game than anyone else at the club, anyway.

Don't get me wrong here, I'd rather Pardew was having as little influence on the personnel as possible, but if he HAS to be here, I'd rather it was him picking which players we bring in than anyone else at NUFC.

:thup: to both

I think it's far more complicated than that. Firstly, the manager doesn't have time to watch enough players, so he must rely on scouts who he trusts to have a massive input. Secondly he doesn't know enough about finance and negotiation to do that side of things either.

So yes, he should have a massive say, and he should probably be more important than the other people in the 'committee'. But I assume that is basically what happens at the majority of clubs anyway.

Guest neesy111

:thup:

I know what you are saying but I just dont want this man anywhere near transfers.  We wotn be buying anyone anyway.  So there is nothing to worry about.

I think it's far more complicated than that. Firstly, the manager doesn't have time to watch enough players, so he must rely on scouts who he trusts to have a massive input. Secondly he doesn't know enough about finance and negotiation to do that side of things either.

So yes, he should have a massive say, and he should probably be more important than the other people in the 'committee'. But I assume that is basically what happens at the majority of clubs anyway.

You actively tried to disagree there and couldn't quite manage it. Such a strange lad.

Guest reefatoon

How does a manager not have enough time to watch players?  Managers not being involved in transfers is a fairly new thing, all managers used to be involved in the transfer process, so why now are they too busy?

Guest reefatoon

:lol:

It's like you're in a constant battle to offer opposition to even the most basic common sense. Common sense is winning.

That's Ian, always against the grain