Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Pardew has been told he can decide who comes and goes then why would Shola be one of the first out the door?  The fucker clearly wanted to keep him.

No resale value.

So the club will make the Pardew staying statement tonight at the fan forum meeting. Usually takes a day or two to get the minutes out, doesn't it?

There is an agreement in place that forum members have to wait until the official minutes are made available before commentating.

However, as far as I know half the seats on the forum will change this summer anyway. So there is nothing really to stand in the way of someone who is leaving breaking that agreement.

He'd cost nothing though.  I think if Pardew had really been given the power to decide who comes and goes he'd be allowed to offer a one year contract extension to one of his most trusted players (:puke:)

Guest reefatoon

I hope they take the "Pardew is a c***" banner along with them to the fan forum meeting. Would be a lovely touch.

A really valiant effort from the fans, but there was never even the slightest chance Ashley would be swayed once the target had been met.

It doesn't matter in the long run. Yes, Ashley has ridden out this storm thanks to the win against Cardiff, but I have full confidence in Pardew failing again next season. The fans will start off placated with some new (mostly cheap) signings, but without genuine quality strikers we are going to struggle to stay out of relegation trouble. The campaign against Pardew is only beginning.

A really valiant effort from the fans, but there was never even the slightest chance Ashley would be swayed once the target had been met.

Shows unbelievable stupidity even by Ashley's standards since that target was achieved almost entirely on the back of the performances of two players who won't be here to do it again. Even the manager himself admits he can't make do without them.

It's not over yet this was just the start. The protests will continue and it won't take much to turn atmosphere at SJP toxic again at the start of next season. pardew has lost many of the fans who he can never win back again.

If it's true that the club asked Liverpool to confiscate banners then they must be aware that Pardew is hated by a good proportion of the fans.  People who were asking for a wave a few months ago now want to see him hanging from the rafters.  Giving the lunatic any money to spend isn't going to appease enough supporters & he's going to be starting next season getting booed by his team's supporters. 

Not sacking him is simply antagonising already pissed off fans even further.  It's not going to end well.

It doesn't matter in the long run. Yes, Ashley has ridden out this storm thanks to the win against Cardiff, but I have full confidence in Pardew failing again next season. The fans will start off placated with some new (mostly cheap) signings, but without genuine quality strikers we are going to struggle to stay out of relegation trouble. The campaign against Pardew is only beginning.

Hopefully. But I'd have major concerns that after being backed to the hilt by Rogers and even somewhat by Keegan, a lot of fans will have the wool pulled over their eyes once again and when the new season rolls around the anger will have dispersed as the kids walk around in their spanking new "Delph" shirts. Seen fans moaning on Facebook about "French fairies" and how we need some "proper" ie English, players. Grim.

When you think about it, this club has been going nowhere for the past decade or so and probably will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

What Ashley and Pardew are doing is just breaking the cycle of false hope-heartbreak-false hope again that all of us have been suffering through. Now it's just a flat line of disinterest.

Hopefully. But I'd have major concerns that after being backed to the hilt by Rogers and even somewhat by Keegan, a lot of fans will have the wool pulled over their eyes once again and when the new season rolls around the anger will have dispersed as the kids walk around in their spanking new "Delph" shirts. Seen fans moaning on Facebook about "French fairies" and how we need some "proper" ie English, players. Grim.

Yes I've no doubt that the anger will have dissipated by the start of next season, and many fans will be up for a "fresh start". But like I said, quality strikers cost money, and without them Jonjo Shelvey and Colback aren't going to propel Newcastle up the table. By Christmas, pardew will be struggling to keep us above water, and the more gullible fans will start to join the ranks of the anti-Pardew brigade as they realise they've been shafted once again.

Was discussing this yesterday with a mate. If he does go, which i hope he does. I worry that Ashley will only bring in another Pardew type 'yes' man, who hasn't got the stones to stand up to the owner when required for the sake of the team/club. I couldnt see Ashley employing anybody who would ever try to undermine him/criticise his regime. The football could improve massively with the players we have currently (obviously), but i cant see us ever being much better than an upper-mid table team while Ashley is the owner.

What i am hoping is that Ashley doesn't want to invest heavily in the squad because he is just ticking over, until somebody makes him an acceptable offer for the club. There is simply no way he can enjoy being our owner, knowing that he is universally hated from the fans, so hopefully something will change in the future.

We're getting away from the main issue that's bothering us again. We all know there'll never be decent investment in the team or trophy signings that could really kick us on but outside of the big spenders there's progress to be made on the pitch. I'd love us to win something but my main concern at the moment is what I'm watching on the pitch, even if it is another yes man it could very well be a yes man that can make the most of the players that we do manage to sign and show some intent where it counts, on match day.

My concern right now is that they've ridden out the storm with it building momentum so late in the season and yes fans will probably begin next season more placated, but when the inevitable shit hits the fan who's going to stand up and be counted? So many have jacked in their season tickets if imagine a fair few of the vocals won't be there next season.

When you think about it, this club has been going nowhere for the past decade or so and probably will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

What Ashley and Pardew are doing is just breaking the cycle of false hope-heartbreak-false hope again that all of us have been suffering through. Now it's just a flat line of disinterest.

Spot on.

That post makes me feel so good inside.