Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They had to spend cash, they had no choice.  They had sold two of our best players and couldn't sign Remy to a full contract.  What theyve done is spend money they had to.

This isn't a bonus, a bonus would be retaining your best players and improving other areas.

We are still a striker short if you ask me.

Guest Roger Kint

The prick was on the radio talking about us pushing for the CL during the coming season, I hope Ashley is listening and holds him to it.

Hes in the club unofficial mouthpiece saying how Ashley has proven us all wrong by splashing the cash.

:lol:

Still plenty of people will buy that though.

:lol: Of course, loads have rushed to get tickets for City already and i have seen a few saying we have done great so will renew their ST's

Guest Roger Kint

They had to spend cash, they had no choice.  They had sold two of our best players and couldn't sign Remy to a full contract.  What theyve done is spend money they had to.

This isn't a bonus, a bonus would be retaining your best players and improving other areas.

Exactly its the very bare minimum a club should give its fans each year to replace what they sell. A bonus would be a top quality striker we never expected to pay for or heaven forbid real squad depth

Guest bimpy474

Plus no RB cover at all, going by pre season it's been Anita and MYM in the two games so far, so no cover RB. We need another attacking midfielder to cover De Jong. If you use Sissoko/Cabella/Gouff as cover you then weaken the wider positions which is where they'll be playing imo. CB's, while we have numbers we need better.

I think we're still 4 to 5 players short for a proper squad covering most positions, in an ideal FM world.

Guest bimpy474

Assuming MYM is going on loan, striker and two defenders are a necessity and personally i would like another midfielder too.

I would be happy with that, but never happening without selling off more players. :anguish:

We are just in the red by a couple of million i think with buys and sales. We have no chance of buying unless we sell imo. The TV money isn't going to be spent on players, we will only spend on players what we generate through sales. Fans will fall for it and believe Pardew saying we have ambition, when the reality is stingy bollocks all over.

The prick was on the radio talking about us pushing for the CL during the coming season, I hope Ashley is listening and holds him to it.

Hes in the club unofficial mouthpiece saying how Ashley has proven us all wrong by splashing the cash.

:lol:

Some of his quotes today.. This twat has to be on the wind up, baiting fans. Thing is actually think he is that delusional to believe it.

Fuck off..

"We have already shown signs that offensively we're much better covered then we were after Yohan Cabaye's departure," Pardew added.

"We have options, more options to come in and it's going to strengthen my hands to tactically change the team."

"At times last year we didn't have the option as we didn't have the players." 

Fuck OFF..

“It is important for defenders like Steven Taylor and Fabricio Coloccini that they can believe we are going to score.

“You can’t just defend and hope for one goal – you have got to be able to threaten the goal.

And again, that's a hatrick.. Fuck off..

“If anything comes along that works for us financially, and more importantly on the football front, then we will move.”

It is nothing short of a disgrace if we don't bring in a replacement for Remy. There is also absolutely no reason with the amount of money we have sat untouched we shouldn't be replacing mapou, marveaux/Jonas/Obertan.

Absolute Shitehawk

“You can’t just defend and hope for one goal – you have got to be able to threaten the goal.

this is a japanese gameshow or something surely?  they've got his family in a pit of vipers and won't let them go until pardew manages to get a toon fan to make an attempt on his life

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28483237

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew says Southampton's summer departures offer a warning of the price that clubs can pay for missing out on Europe.

Last term Saints fell short after finishing eighth in the Premier League.

And they have lost Luke Shaw to Manchester United and Adam Lallana and Ricky Lambert to Liverpool, while boss Mauricio Pochettino moved to Tottenham.

"If you don't make the Champions League, the big teams come for your players," Pardew told BBC Newcastle.

"Look at Southampton. We're pushing every year to try to build and hopefully get to a stage where we make it without losing our players."

Newcastle signings so far this summer

Daryl Janmaat

Defender

Feyenoord

Jack Colback

Midfielder

Sunderland

Siem De Jong

Midfielder

Ajax

Ayoze Perez

Forward

CD Tenerife

Emmanuel Riviere

Forward

Monaco

Remy Cabella

Forward

Montpellier

The Magpies have been well-backed by owner Mike Ashley this summer, with managing director Lee Charnley and Pardew working closely to secure their main targets.

Forwards Remy Cabella, Emmanuel Riviere and Ayoze Perez, playmaker Siem de Jong, midfielder Jack Colback and defender Daryl Janmaat have moved to St James' Park this summer.

And Only Mathieu Debuchy of Newcastle's first-team regulars has left, joining Arsenal.

"It comes from having a very good relationship with Lee Charnley," Pardew said of the increased activity.

"We've spoken everyday and are on top of every transfer. We've pitched in and signed players that we think will give us a chance to push for Champions League."

Since returning to the top flight in 2009-10, the closest the Magpies have come to a Champions League return has been a fifth-place finish in 2011-12.

There was optimism last season that they might challenge again last term with Pardew's side sixth in December.

However, the loss of Yohan Cabaye to eventual Champions League quarter-finalists Paris St Germain during the transfer window was one factor in a late-season slide which brought just five wins from 19 league games between January and the end of the campaign.

"We have already shown signs that offensively we're much better covered then we were after Yohan Cabaye's departure," Pardew added.

"We have options, more options to come in and it's going to strengthen my hands to tactically change the team."

"At times last year we didn't have the option as we didn't have the players."

BBC can fuck right off spreading this bullshit.

"If anything comes along" suggests we've stopped actively looking for players then.

come on dude, it's perfectly plausible that lyon might ring up on deadline day and offer lacazette for 5m 'cause he shagged the presidents daughter, this is the kind of thing that transfer strategies are based on

Guest bimpy474

"We're pushing every year to try to build and hopefully get to a stage where we make it without losing our players."

Would that be the bit where we've lost 50% of our leagues over the last 2 seasons or not buying anyone for 18 months ?

How in the fuck does the cunt get away with it.

"If anything comes along" suggests we've stopped actively looking for players then.

Yeah, suppose we are done for transfers unless a bargain comes alone. Ashley has pleased the majority of the fanbase with his extravagant zero-net, one-in-one-out spending anyway.

We have to seriously pray for de Jong and Cabella to hit the ground running, and for Riviere to be way better than his record shows or a miraculous return to form for Cisse.

We have to seriously pray for de Jong and Cabella to hit the ground running, and for Riviere to be way better than his record shows or a miraculous return to form for Cisse.

nah, we're better off hoping for a continuation of pardewism and him getting binned quickly...i think we've signed good players again for the most part, i'd like to see them take time to bed in rather than bail this fucking prick out