Swansea City 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 04/12/13 - post-match reaction from p37

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Woah, it's almost like allowing the opposition to have the ball and relying upon their toothlessness isn't a foolproof plan.

Pards is s***. End of story.

I could understand him ditching the 4-3-3 previously, as it was a formation you never felt was his thing.

But the 4-4-2? That we were just settling so well into? Why the f*** would he do that? After 5 mins?

Probably because Swansea were over running tiote and cabaye and we needed more numbers, not that it worked

Inevitable pile of wank.

Our boring four-game winning streak comes to an end. Cowardly approach from our cowardly manager.

I have no issue with not playing such an open game against Chelsea and Spurs (although Spurs can't blow anyone off the park atm), but to carry that negativity into games against Norwich and WBA, then Swansea... well it's just history repeating itself. Pardew's lack of ambition/inability to build on a bit of momentum in the squad, and really give a Swansea side missing three strikers something to worry about is all too familiar. He can't develop shit.

As Mick and many others said, with the exception of Norwich maybe, this just as easily could have been any of the previous four games. I'm sure the regime will be happy, no threat to the Europa places as we continue to redefine the zenith of our ambitions to the same level as Stoke City.

Howard Webb was a cunt, as per. Handball was a penalty all day, but Remy was too casual and I think he dived too often. The substitutions were an absolute embarrassment. Cabaye and Tiote both put in shameful displays.

Guest bimpy474

Everton have a go and win at Man Utd, we will defend for 70 mins and lose.....oh how we need a different manager,

I hate Pardew as much as you but we beat Chelsea about 3 weeks ago :lol:

Yes but we had a go at Chelsea and showed how we can play. This was turboshite and sums up Pardew's usual standard. Wrong line up, wrong tactics, wrong subs. Wrong manager in the long run.

Guest neesy111

A result like that was always going to around the corner.  Not massively concerned as I don't believe we can finish in the top 7 any-case.

Krul has no blame attached to him at all and I've nothing against our players, except Williamson who is turd. I cannot stand Pardew; he vacillates, he has no way of playing and doesn't even know how to set up a team.

It's like people said against WB, it was ball to hand, then again it's ball to hand for Remy, it's f***ing dam right cheating and awful officiating! Then someone nuts out player then scores and our fans turn against our players! Joke! It wasn't deserved that scoreline. Yes they played the pretty football but created nothing till Krul's mess. I'm not being too down hearted, still class within this team.

Guest firetotheworks

A result like that was always going to around the corner.  Not massively concerned as I don't believe we can finish in the top 7 any-case.

We can though Neesy. We definitely have the team to. Whether we do is another matter.

Guest neesy111

We can though Neesy. We definitely have the team to. Whether we do is another matter.

1st 11 yes, squad not a chance.

We needed to get the second goal, which could have gone either way. Still, we've ridden our luck in recent weeks and this time it went against us.

I thought Remy was poor tonight, wasting one or two good situations.

I'd like us to persist with Haidara. Santon is far too easy to nullify going forward down the left, and isn't that great defensively.

we have a team that could do it, we don't "definitely" have one though.

This is one of the reasons I moan like f*** about our negative tactics when we have the chance to crush teams. We never build on our good play and go into the next match full of confidence. We should be brimming with confidence, and relishing a match against an open, attacking, passing side.

We've been timid as f*** tonight, not like a team that won the last four.

Absolutely bang on.

Something I always ask: when was the last time we truly went for the jugular against a team under Pardew?

Indeed.

Still some people on here goes on like everything is perfect  :lol:

As soon as anything other than Pardews "plan" happening we are f***ed. Just nothing we can do or change to come back.

and some will go on like we are bottom of league 2 having been beaten 10-0 of St Bessies blind girl school.

:rolleyes:

Guest palnese

Why did Swansea score just before half time and then come out still trying to play football? Why didn't they batten down the hatches and give us the ball?

Time to come up with something new. This is getting rather boring.

Guest firetotheworks

1st 11 yes, squad not a chance.

I think we do tbh.

Keeping the balanced 4-4-2 was a good move, I had no problems with that and nor should anyone. However, inviting them onto us to the extent that we did was always going to be extremely dangerous - there was no need for us to be that deep. We gave them far too much respect.

Things were looking ominous and he had his typical "change everything!" brain-fart, which never works mid-game. He should have set them up better thus not having to make a million and one changes in one go during the first half.

They deserved their lead at half time for the sheer fact they utterly dominated the midfield.

Second half we started off marginally better, and when we looked like we just might get ourselves into it, we get an almighty sucker-punch with a ridiculous non-penalty and a ridiculous non-goal. For that I can sympathise with the players letting their heads drop, but it was pretty poor the extent to which they gave up. It was completely gutless by the end and it could have finished 5-0.

So, bad management from Pardew. Set them up wrong which forced him into making loads of changes mid-game, which just throws everything into the shitter. Poor from the players, too, cos regardless of them being fucked around by the boss - their heads shouldn't have dropped that much.

Guest bimpy474

He plays with only 2 in the middle who get passed around. He play Ameobi who was so unsuited to this game because of the way Swansea play.

Only a fool couldn't have seen it before we played, his tactics beggar belief at times.

We needed to get the second goal, which could have gone either way. Still, we've ridden our luck in recent weeks and this time it went against us.

I thought Remy was poor tonight, wasting one or two good situations.

I'd like us to persist with Haidara. Santon is far too easy to nullify going forward down the left, and isn't that great defensively.

I thought cabaye was, don't think it was tactics, just poor movement and little of it and poor execution.

Guest bimpy474

Why did Swansea score just before half time and then come out still trying to play football? Why didn't they batten down the hatches and give us the ball?

Time to come up with something new. This is getting rather boring.

Is he wrong ?