Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ferguson did work a lot of good with a mediocre squad and Moyes is paying the price for this. I do like Moyes and I think if he's given a good budget to build a better team of players willing to bother (not sure how many of the current squad are tbh) and not being carried as far as he can by an in form Rooney, he can be perform well for Man U.

It wasn't that long ago when he demolished Leverkusen away, seems slightly strange that the squad is so meh later, he's not got the hang of squad rotation yet perhaps.

Annoying me how people are staying Moyes won't be sacked because "that's not how Man Utd do things". Basing it on Ferguson being given time 25 years ago.

It's like saying Mike Ashley won't do something just because Gordon McKeag didn't in the 80s. Ridiculous. Who is to know how the Glazers will react? They've been lucky they've had an amazing manager all these years so the notion of sacking him was never relevant, not because it's not the "United Way". Money talks and if they get cut adrift of the top 4 then who knows.

Just because Ferguson was a good manager doesn't mean that he knows how to spot another one. In the same way as being a good player doesn't mean you know how to manage a team. They probably should have been more rigorous in their research and had a stricter criteria. Times are different now and they're living in the past, trying to hire a Scot that can stay there for twenty years. Other clubs are successful even when they change managers every couple of years; they should have accepted that.

Moyes had done well with Everton though, probably deserved a go at top team. The fact is they have a lot of average players but had an outstanding manager that made the most of them, the sum of their players is nowhere near Chelsea or Arsenal imho, they were just great at being consistent and getting results.

Now they need a complete change and could take 5  years before they get close to title again, they will one day though but will be funny as fuck for next few years hopefully

If they had considered the real possibility of sacking Moyes early, why give him a 6 year contract when it makes better sense to give him a shorter-term one to push him into earning an extension?

Think there's still a decent possibility of them making top 4 yet.

I just don't rate all that many of their players, anyone was always going to struggle unless you're alex ferguson and most teams just roll over for you. Moyes is getting a lot of stick for a blatently dodgy transfer policy. It has to be said the owners are bleeding the club of money at a huge rate too, there should be more anger at them.

Moyes had done well with Everton though, probably deserved a go at top team. The fact is they have a lot of average players but had an outstanding manager that made the most of them, the sum of their players is nowhere near Chelsea or Arsenal imho, they were just great at being consistent and getting results.

Now they need a complete change and could take 5  years before they get close to title again, they will one day though but will be funny as f*** for next few years hopefully

:thup:

They had no business to win last season when you compare their squad to others. Just shows how great SAF was (as obvious as that is). Moyes will need time and it will be interesting to see if they give him that time.

Anyway, absolutely loving this meltdown, been waiting for this all my life as I'm surrounded by Man U fans. :lol:

There's such a sense of entitlements amongst their fanbase, which isn't surprising really considering an entire generation of Man U fans have never known anything but an unbroken stream of success and trophies under Ferguson (indeed in many cases that's why they're Man U fans in the first place).  Now to be a Man U manager you have to match those expectations while going up against the likes of Man City and Chelsea without the advantage of being Alex Ferguson.

They've just got a really s*** squad and Fergie was just an exceptional manager who made them perform better.

I think their squad is far from s*** but current events are certainly putting Ferguson's achievements in an even more impressive light.

Maybe that was his plan in recommending Moyes all along??  :lol:

Maybe shit was too far, but on paper they are far from a Premier League winning team.

What was interesting was Moyes' comments pre and post-match regarding van Persie.

He said before the game when interviewed by BT something along the lines of "yes he [van Persie] starts but we don't know how long he'll last".  After the game he said the plan was to take him off after 60-70 minutes but if he did, the fans would've questioned the decision.

His comments beforehand seemed to me that he was admitting van Persie wasn't fully fit, suggesting he'd been thrown in out of desperation - no Rooney and that he really needed a result.  With regards to the post-match comment, would SAF have given any consideration to what the fans would've thought?  Obviously Moyes is still trying to prove himself so would've played on his mind more, but it was clear van Persie was having very little impact (showing him collecting the ball from the centre halves on MOTD was highly amusing).

SAF would've taken him off if things weren't working regardless.  To me it seemed like Moyes was hinting that he's most definitely feeling the pressure.

He didn't want to upset the fans by taking him off, he was also having a dig at the fans by suggesting they didn't know what's best for the team and the player. He also started RvP because of the stories wanting him to leave and kept him on as RvP said if he took him off he'd hand in a transfer request on Monday.

Loads of ways you can look at this, it's easier to look badly on it ATM due to the pressure he's under. I personally think he had no other real options but to leave him on as they desperately needed a goal. He chose what's best for the team over what's best for the player.

He didn't want to upset the fans by taking him off, he was also having a dig at the fans by suggesting they didn't know what's best for the team and the player. He also started RvP because of the stories wanting him to leave and kept him on as RvP said if he took him off he'd hand in a transfer request on Monday.

Loads of ways you can look at this, it's easier to look badly on it ATM due to the pressure he's under. I personally think he had no other real options but to leave him on as they desperately needed a goal. He chose what's best for the team over what's best for the player.

Where's that like?

Guest firetotheworks

I'm 22, wasn't even born when Liverpool was winning things, so I have no right to brag about it.

In my life time, all I've seen is these bast*rds win titles left and right, be smug, and never suffer. It's f***ing great that they are now feeling how fans of other teams feel like. How it is to be a normal football club. They may go and win the title now, but it's fun to laugh at them for now that they're down. I've been getting stick from my Manc fans for over a decade, it's time to claim some small victories now. (Thanks a lot and much love xoxo The Chosen One)

Normal? :lol:

Sorry but you're a f***ing glory hunter.

f*** off!

You f*** off.

I didn't even know Liverpool's history when I started supporting them. Do you really think an 8 year old boy back in 1999 could google stuff and find out about who won the European cup in the 80s ?  :lol:

I saw Michael Owen score that peach of a goal vs. Argentina in France 1998, then searched which team he plays for, then started supporting the team. Funny how things turn out

So you couldn't search for Liverpool's history, but you were capable of searching which team Michael Owen played for. Areet, Harry Redknapp.

If they are booing Moyes just because he went for their players then boo hoo, what about Wigan and Martinez grabbing their players. That's football, if you have good players and move to another club of course you are going to try and sign the best ones.

They should think of the 10 years he got them to Europe and Champs League with very little investment

Moyes is drowning.

He's a good manager, but that is a massive job following SAF. Have always said it would be impossible for the first manager to follow him because they were never going to have that immediate success after having one man as manager for so long. They may go through 3 or 4 before they get back to Winning league (Which they will do)