Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He could just be suffering from good old fashion nerves. The first major mistake he made with the media was saying we needed Rooney as backup to Van Persie. :lol: He wasn't even under any pressure then.

The referees have made a few mistakes with us recently but it shouldn't matter and they do even themselves out. That penalty may have been outside the box, but Rafael should have been sent off IMO. Also, it's fucking Sunderland. We shouldn't be needing everything to go our way to get a fucking DRAW at the Stadium of Light.

We paid £27.5m for Fellaini by the way.

Everton haven't played that bad for a number of yeas. in the last couple of seasons Everton looked strong, fast and played at a good pace.

Some managers are designed for certain clubs imo. That's why I wasn't sure Martinez would make the step up.

I'm not surprised by how badly they're doing, but I am surprised by how rattled David Moyes is coming across. He's not going to get sacked, best thing he could do is just keep going with the "we're Man Utd, we'll keep working to improve" type line.

Everton haven't played that bad for a number of yeas. in the last couple of seasons Everton looked strong, fast and played at a good pace.

Some managers are designed for certain clubs imo. That's why I wasn't sure Martinez would make the step up.

It's a similar job though in terms of financial constraints. Moyes theoretically has won the lottery funding wise,  and as we've seen many times over the years, managers who've done the business being prudent don't always carry that to a bigger budget club.

I was in a bar in  Madchester on Tues and had the pleasure of listening to and then baiting 15 Mancs.. it was hilarious. It's Moyes fault/it's not Moyes fault.. must have heard "good ball that" hundreds of times... several very gobby ones contradicting themselves never mind each other. The following day the Blues in the office were still getting  the most stick despite the Reds predicament.

http://i43.tinypic.com/k1x4t3.jpg

Fergie spent 24m on RVP sure, but that's what won the league last year. Justified.

30m total with wages?  does that even cover the prize money you get for winning the league?  not that money is everything like, i just find it an interest attitude that such an expensive short-term signing is deemed 100% justified when you may be lumbered with his wages for years and no trophies to keep you warm at night :lol:

Fergie spent 24m on RVP sure, but that's what won the league last year. Justified.

30m total with wages?  does that even cover the prize money you get for winning the league?  not that money is everything like, i just find it an interest attitude that such an expensive short-term signing is deemed 100% justified when you may be lumbered with his wages for years and no trophies to keep you warm at night :lol:

Yes, it is justified ffs.

Tbf without RVP, they definitely don't finish in the CL spots. Get him fit and they have a chance.

You've spent too much time under MA's stewardship.

:facepalm:

WTF. Just wondering what the going rate is to sign one player to win one title?

They signed arguably the best Premiership striker from the last few seasons at his peak for a fraction of what he would have commanded if he wasn't going into the last year of his contract and unwilling to extend. He played a large part in them winning the league last season, and if they can get him fit there's every chance he will fire them into the Champions League this season. He's still only 30, so he could continue to be their best player for a couple of years yet. I can only presume you are taking the piss, otherwise I worry for your sanity if you think paying 24 million for a player like him represents bad business in this day and age.

They signed arguably the best Premiership striker from the last few seasons at his peak for a fraction of what he would have commanded if he wasn't going into the last year of his contract and unwilling to extend. He played a large part in them winning the league last season, and if they can get him fit there's every chance he will fire them into the Champions League this season. He's still only 30, so he could continue to be their best player for a couple of years yet. I can only presume you are taking the piss, otherwise I worry for your sanity if you think paying 24 million for a player like him represents bad business in this day and age.

2 CL trophies in 26 years is pitiful.

2 CL trophies in 26 years is pitiful.

:serious:

Hate shit like that. For example when Ferguson came in they were absolute dogshit and he turned it around. Moyes inherited a rather good, albeit aging, side.

Not sure if they were rather good. Van Persie was carrying them and a lot of their players are pony.