Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just to be on brand, I think Southgate would be a very sensible appointment for them. His greatest achievement with England (so far) has been to eliminate the toxicity and dysfunctional nature of the squad; and if there's one club out there that needs a culture change, it's Man Utd. Obviously the Ashworth connection will work in their favour too, with senior figures finally singing from the same hymn sheet for once. Plus he's got the steely "couldn't give a fuck" resilience, and experience of the highest level games, to cope with the pressure of the job.

Different type of job of course and his tactical limitations might be more exposed at club level, but there's a lot about it which makes sense.

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Just to be on brand, I think Southgate would be a very sensible appointment for them. His greatest achievement with England (so far) has been to eliminate the toxicity and dysfunctional nature of the squad; and if there's one club out there that needs a culture change, it's Man Utd. Obviously the Ashworth connection will work in their favour too, with senior figures finally singing from the same hymn sheet for once. Plus he's got the steely "couldn't give a fuck" resilience, and experience of the highest level games, to cope with the pressure of the job.

Different type of job of course and his tactical limitations might be more exposed at club level, but there's a lot about it which makes sense.

I think he'd be a pretty safe choice for them. I don't think they'd ever trouble the top spot, but he'd have them closer to 4th.

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

i hate manu but how the fuck have the Glazers gotten away with that?

thats beyond even Ashley levels of neglect.

have they ever tried to justify/explain the situation.

Dunno like. Wasn't that fucking pigeon in the roof at wor place for about 6 months?

51 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

*looks at Southgate’s record at the Smoggies*

Yes, I can heartily recommend him for the Man Utd job. 

6 hours ago, gdm said:

dear me what a shithole

Wonder if they can move their ground brick-by-brick and their fans prick-by-prick nearer their homes in Surrey where there's less rain? 

Remind me why one of the richest and most decorated clubs in the world should believe they’re entitled to use tax payer money for a new stadium ? 

The brass neck on these cunts man

10 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Remind me why one of the richest and most decorated clubs in the world should believe they’re entitled to use tax payer money for a new stadium ? 

The brass neck on these cunts man

Especially given the owner is a fucking tax exile, it’s extraordinary levels of arrogance. 

Absolutely no way Manchester needs anymore levelling up for a start, they've already have City's financial clout splattered all over the place.

Secondly, it's Manchester United ffs. As has been said above they're one of the richest most decorated clubs in the world.

Would be an absolute chronic misuse of tax payers money.

Posted (edited)

I don't see the hype with Southgate - I think he's a pretty poor manager in all honestly. That Euro final - Mancini got the better off him tactically and it showed how amateurish he is to make big changes that can really change a game. Considering this is England's golden team his record against bigger team is patchy at best. 5 year contract for him at Man U please.

Edited by Menace

3 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Absolutely no way Manchester needs anymore levelling up for a start, they've already have City's financial clout splattered all over the place.

Secondly, it's Manchester United ffs. As has been said above they're one of the richest most decorated clubs in the world.

Would be an absolute chronic misuse of tax payers money.

Another tax payer funded stadium in Manchester would be a kick in the teeth for the rest of the country. 

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Another tax payer funded stadium in Manchester would be a kick in the teeth for the rest of the country. 

Convenient way of getting around all the financial regs too.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Agree in that he's got a certain 'statesman like' quality about him Southgate but that goes out the window if he's losing matches regularly, as their fans won't fancy him one bit imho.

From a credibility viewpoint, it would be a joke worthy appointment for many, which will become a source of embarrassment for their fans fairly quickly I'd imagine.

In some ways I can see the logic in appointing him but it only works if he gets off to a blinding start and doesn't have any streaky runs of form.

That's fucking high risk when you look at the character of their squad over the last fews years.

He'll also be tested tactically by better managers than him most weeks.

Pep, Arteta, Howe, RDZ, Poch etc would all be light years ahead of him tactically imho.

Edited by Minhosa

Tax dodging chancer wants to use the public purse for a new stadium rather than putting his hand in his own pocket. 

Quelle surprise! The bloke is a fucking pleb.

3 minutes ago, CallumG6 said:

Tax dodging chancer wants to use the public purse for a new stadium rather than putting his hand in his own pocket. 

Quelle surprise! The bloke is a fucking pleb.

If he has the tax payer paying for his stadium whilst he continues to rack up billions you might want to reassess who the actual plebs are. 

37 minutes ago, Menace said:

I don't see the hype with Southgate - I think he's a pretty poor manager in all honestly. That Euro final - Mancini got the better off him tactically and it showed how amateurish he is to make big changes that can really change a game. Considering this is England's golden team his record against bigger team is patchy at best. 5 year contract for him at Man U please.

100% with you on this.

He's had some serious talent to work with for England recently too, which won't necessary be the case at Man United, at least initially.

The football isn't really flowing either and can be quite defensive and clunky.

Then worst of all, the fans will be sceptical to begin with and will be itching to have a go at him for every little thing. The pressure would be immense.

Very much looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

If he has the tax payer paying for his stadium whilst he continues to rack up billions you might want to reassess who the actual plebs are. 

Aye. Call him whatever you want but the bloke is clearly not an idiot lets be honest.

1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

Be an absolute disgrace if they get a new stadium paid for by the taxpayer .

I don't see how this is in any way possible. Which part of government would be paying, and how would they justify it?

Maybe the Tories would try to sneak it in before they get ousted, I guess. 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Good point, but the majority will be rightly furious if public funds are used in this nature. Maybe I'm being naive but I can't see it.