Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It is funny seeing some Man Utd fans having to cope with not walking practically every game.

Thought Moyes was quality at Everton but the appointment always seemed a little strange, like an in his prime Danny Murphy signing for Barcelona or something. Obviously it is still very early days but I can understand Man Utd fans feeling a little underwhelmed given they could have attracted most managers.

Yup. You do almost wonder if Ferguson set the whole Moyes gig up in order to ensure that his own legendary status was enhanced. Moyes was a sort of credible replacement but was going to struggle to maintain the level they were at and is never going to threaten to take the club to a higher level. Ferguson also had the power to name his successor and make it happen - a touch of Machiavelli  :shifty:.

It is funny seeing some Man Utd fans having to cope with not walking practically every game.

Thought Moyes was quality at Everton but the appointment always seemed a little strange, like an in his prime Danny Murphy signing for Barcelona or something. Obviously it is still very early days but I can understand Man Utd fans feeling a little underwhelmed given they could have attracted most managers.

Yup. You do almost wonder if Ferguson set the whole Moyes gig up in order to ensure that his own legendary staus was enhanced. Moyes was a sort of credible replacement but was going to struggle to maintain the level they were at and is never going to threaten to take the club to a higher level. Ferguson also had the power to name his successor and make it happen - a touch of Machiavelli  :shifty:.

bit like Tony Blair & that pudding Brown

Yup. You do almost wonder if Ferguson set the whole Moyes gig up in order to ensure that his own legendary staus was enhanced. Moyes was a sort of credible replacement but was going to struggle to maintain the level they were at and is never going to threaten to take the club to a higher level. Ferguson also had the power to name his successor and make it happen - a touch of Machiavelli  :shifty:.

bit like Tony Blair & that pudding Brown

Oh yes  :thup:

We could have had Mourinho if we wanted. Longevity is the main reason why he wasn't suitable. He has always spent a lot of money where he has went as well, and while we won't be shy in the market, he won't have the spending power he had/has at Chelsea, Madrid and Inter.

Moyes is the man.

We could have had Mourinho if we wanted. Longevity is the main reason why he wasn't suitable. He has always spent a lot of money where he has went as well, and while we won't be shy in the market, he won't have the spending power he had/has at Chelsea, Madrid and Inter.

Moyes is the man.

Believe.

Moyes is the man.

:snod: looks like it

Moyes is the man.

Agree with the longevity thing but he was hardly a big spender at the club he made his name (and won the biggest trophy in club football).

Aye phenomenal achievement with Porto and he's been a big success at all of the clubs he's been at. I'm not trying to take anything away from him or trying to say we're above him. I just don't think he was right for us.

At the same time, look at Chelsea. Great manager coming into a familiar set up, tons of cash, a much better squad than ours and they're five points off Arsenal. We're eight behind Chelsea. Mourinho should be looked at now too for his performance.

I do have confidence in Moyes though. This job will take time. He'll get it. He has only played 15 league games after all. The teams performances elsewhere have been fine.

I'm fairly sure he would have been our second choice but I don't think he would have com I wasn't a fan of this whole sabbatical stuff anyway. I mean, he was a Barcelona player for years and years, and was loved by players and fans alike, yet let his contract expire stating tiredness as a reason despite being their most successful manager of all time.

I can see him being like Mourinho anyway and wanting to win trophies in every country and therefore not staying very long at a particular club. I'd imagine we'll see him in both Italy and England before he hits 55.

Aye phenomenal achievement with Porto and he's been a big success at all of the clubs he's been at. I'm not trying to take anything away from him or trying to say we're above him. I just don't think he was right for us.

At the same time, look at Chelsea. Great manager coming into a familiar set up, tons of cash, a much better squad than ours and they're five points off Arsenal. We're eight behind Chelsea. Mourinho should be looked at now too for his performance.

I do have confidence in Moyes though. This job will take time. He'll get it. He has only played 15 league games after all. The teams performances elsewhere have been fine.

Fair enough, respect your support. But I think that Moyes will really struggle to get the club to the level that Ferguson had them at when he left. Let alone move them forward. You're welcome to come back and beat me if I'm wrong.

Fair enough, respect your support. But I think that Moyes will really struggle to get the club to the level that Ferguson had them at when he left. Let alone move them forward. You're welcome to come back and beat me if I'm wrong.

Aye it's a valid opinion based on what is happening right now. I'm just not going to abandon support of the manager because a few results haven't gone our way. The Newcastle result was the first real worrying one for me, because we were outplayed and deservedly beaten on our own pitch while barely creating anything. You don't want any side doing that be it Newcastle or Real Madrid.

It's a massive learning curve for him, but I reckon he'll get into the Champions League and we can build from there, starting with a creative central midfielder. If we don't manage that he could be in trouble but I hope he'll get another season to prove his worth. You've seen how a majority of our fans react after a few losses in the league though. Imagine them if we finished say sixth or seventh. He'll be under immense pressure. There's nothing that can be done about that group of fans too. Maybe if we have a few bad years they'll jump ship like a lot of you expect them to. :lol:

http://a.espncdn.com//design05/images/2013/1208/robinvanpersietouchesvnewcastle_275x155.jpg

RvP had only 2 touches in the box on Saturday.

Rushed back too early and in a withdrawn role to do his usual damage. Whoever served Kagawa food should be praised.

We're now 28/1 to win the league too.

Should be 100/1 at least. The winning points total the last 2 seasons has been 89 - to match that you need 67 more points.

That's 22 wins and a draw.

There's only 23 games left - not much margin for error there!