Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ferdinand 35, Evra 32, Giggs 40, Vidic 32, Carrick 32, Van Persie 30.

I know they have a lot of talented youngsters but that is a fair few key players who are getting on a bit/picking up a few few knocks, add Scholes who has just retired.

I think the key problem has been Ferdinand Evra and Vidic, they need the most replacing but either the replacements aren't there (Evra) or they simply haven't shown they're even fit to lace the boots of the older players (Jones and Smalling)

Their lack of dangerous wingplay is a bigger problem than their central midfielders.

Valencia and Young isn't concerning anyone, if you say had Willian and Hazard instead of Chelsea then the lack of creative midfielders becomes less of a problem.

They got away with it for years even at CL level because they had great forwards ( still do tbf even if injured) and wingers that scared people shitless.

Honestly the midfield is an issue, not just creative wise either but they haven't had a midfielder that drives the entire team forward since maybe Hargreaves and his time was ill-fated due to injuries.

But i'd personally get some wide players which can make things happen before anything else.

Their lack of dangerous wingplay is a bigger problem than their central midfielders.

Valencia and Young isn't concerning anyone, if you say had Willian and Hazard instead of Chelsea then the lack of creative midfielders becomes less of a problem.

They got away with it for years even at CL level because they had great forwards ( still do tbf even if injured) and wingers that scared people shitless.

Honestly the midfield is an issue, not just creative wise either but they haven't had a midfielder that drives the entire team forward since maybe Hargreaves and his time was ill-fated due to injuries.

But i'd personally get some wide players which can make things happen before anything else.

things is they've got so little through the middle when rooney isn't playing that it's relatively easy to isolate their wide players and cover them well, that won't change by simply buying better wide players imo...they need to up their threat on both fronts if they want dramatic improvement

I agree with mojo here, central midfield is where the biggest problem lies. They have no spine to their side. I'd be looking to sign a CB and CM before venturing out for a winger. They haven't even bothered with giving a Zaha a chance yet.

After the Chelski game, Hoddle thought Man Utd needed a complete rebuild and need to sign 8-10 players. However i agree with Neville that i don't think things are that bad but they could do with 4 top signings to add to their first team as they still have a lot of good players who are just struggling at the moment and fresh blood would give them a lift.

They took way too long to replace key players to the point that these players played well into their late 30s. I think any team with a centre mid that Man United enquire about can add a premium to the pricetag knowing they'll be desperate for Moyes to work out there.

They will turn it around, they still have an incredible pull around the world so attracting quality won't be a problem. Holding onto it will be.

They will turn it around, they still have an incredible pull around the world so attracting quality won't be a problem. Holding onto it will be.

Wonder how long that pull will last, especially if they don't qualify for the CL. Assume most players outside the UK have never heard of David Moyes.

I think you mean Ronaldo, Scholes, Keane and Giggs.

Keane hardly played with Ronaldo did he? Plus that was the time just after Ronaldo signed where he was still adapting to it/Keane was on a downward spiral. So as balance goes the one Messi posted was definitely better.

Wonder how long that pull will last, especially if they don't qualify for the CL. Assume most players outside the UK have never heard of David Moyes.

That's the key part, they will have to make sure the slide doesn't last too long or affiliations will change to likes of Chelsea and City.

Guest neesy111

I also don't subscribe to the view that Moyes has suddenly became clueless. He's still a brilliant manager in my book like.

Not sure if this is a joke or not  :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's not brilliant, such an over used word.  I'd call him a good, solid manager.

I also don't subscribe to the view that Moyes has suddenly became clueless. He's still a brilliant manager in my book like.

Not sure if this is a joke or not  :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's not brilliant, such an over used word.  I'd call him a good, solid manager.

:thup: