Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Liverpool are/were far worse than we will be if we go without the title for numerous years.

At least two seasons for Moyes though. A new manager needs to be given a while to build his own squad. It's just a little worrying what squad Moyes will try and build, since Fellaini was his first major signing. Giggs and Fellaini as a central midfield pairing just isn't acceptable at this level.

Man U's Premier League record:

12/13 Champions

11/12 Lost title on last day

10/11 Champions

09/10 Lost title on last day

08/09 Champions

07/08 Champions

06/07 Champions

05/06 2nd by 8 points

04/05 3rd by 17 points

03/04 3rd by 15 points

02/03 Champions

01/02 3rd by 10 points

00/01 Champions

99/00 Champions

98 / 99 Champions

97 / 98 Lost title on last day

96 / 97 Champions

95 / 96 Champions

94 / 95 Lost title on last day

93 / 94 Champions

92 / 93 Champions

If they win every game between now and the end of the season they will get 94 points - probably enough to win the league but not guaranteed to, and only 5 more points than they got last season.

Even with a significant improvement then, this season is still already almost guaranteed to be as bad as any in the last two decades for them, going to be hard to see Moyes lasting another year with that in mind.

They have had a few years off the pace before though under the Glazers, so I think its still far too early to write them off as the new Liverpool. It must be a totally new experience for some of their fans to be out of the title race already, will be interesting to see the reaction.

Can't really bask in anything though, they're still better than us and still have more league titles than anybody else. They've got that to fall back on for as long as they like. Nothing changes amonst the c***s who only support them to brag about success they have no right to be part of.

Current misery. I actually have no friends supporting anything other than Spurs, Arsenal, ManU, Chelsea and Man City, and this has left me bitter and petty over the years. And I'm still only 25 :lol:

:lol: It's an early kick off at home so 11:45pm here. There's a football bar in the city that we go to. Love it. Cheap drinks, and it's red. :thup:

A lot of people show up for the games. It's all fans from the UK anyway.

Next four league games after Newcastle are Villa, West Ham, Hull and Norwich. Should be getting 15 from 15 there. I think it would be better to reassess where we are before we play Spurs in the New Year.

FYP

Still laughing my head off at the Fellaini deal.

Everyone is looking at January to see what they do, but if that's how Moyes is going to spend his money, they're screwed.

They'll begrudgingly creep into the top 4 on the backs of Van Persie and Rooney and Moyes' blushes will be spared. The fact other teams are hardly setting the league alight will mean they'll keep roughly in touch.

I always thought when we'd finally win at Old Trafford - and given I was 2 when we last won there, this feels like the first time I've seen it - it'd be cause for mass celebration and hysteria. After the initial massive buzz after the game, it's now feeling more like, well, it's a very good 3 points, as opposed to total jubilation. Guess that's indicative of Man Utd's decreased standing this year.

Said it before the match and I'll say it again - their current squad is a few excellent players mixed in with a lot of relative mediocrity. More teams should be winning at Old Trafford this year if they give it a go. They're no longer a team to be feared.

Still laughing my head off at the Fellaini deal.

Everyone is looking at January to see what they do, but if that's how Moyes is going to spend his money, they're screwed.

They'll begrudgingly creep into the top 4 on the backs of Van Persie and Rooney and Moyes' blushes will be spared. The fact other teams are hardly setting the league alight will mean they'll keep roughly in touch.

I always thought when we'd finally win at Old Trafford - and given I was 2 when we last won there, this feels like the first time I've seen it - it'd be cause for mass celebration and hysteria. After the initial massive buzz after the game, it's now feeling more like, well, it's a very good 3 points, as opposed to total jubilation. Guess that's indicative of Man Utd's decreased standing this year.

Said it before the match and I'll say it again - their current squad is a few excellent players mixed in with a lot of relative mediocrity. More teams should be winning at Old Trafford this year if they give it a go. They're no longer a team to be feared.

That's what we'll be doing on Saturday!

:lol: we're already beat man venkman, and you know we are

EDIT: before it gets jumped on i'm taking the p*ss, merely implying it's unlikely pardew will take us there and have a go

He definitely had a go last season. It made for good entertainment, and hurt the goal difference less than the annual Etihad capitulation. Very strange times around Christmas last season. The next match was the "NO MORE GOALS!" debacle at the Emirates. :lol:

People are being way too harsh on Myoes IMO.

When you lack at their squad there's some huge deficiencies in there for the level they want to be at, which goes to show how amazing Ferguson was in doing what he did. He knew that it needed rebuilding which is why I think he packed in as he didn't have the energy to do it again.

Yes they panic bought Fellaini but that was largely due to the fact that Moyes was let down by that new Chief Exec.

:lol: we're already beat man venkman, and you know we are

EDIT: before it gets jumped on i'm taking the p*ss, merely implying it's unlikely pardew will take us there and have a go

He definitely had a go last season. It made for good entertainment, and hurt the goal difference less than the annual Etihad capitulation. Very strange times around Christmas last season. The next match was the "NO MORE GOALS!" debacle at the Emirates. :lol:

that spurs game always sticks in my mind as well, what was it 5-1 when he decided to open up 'cause the fans demanded it or whatever shite he came out with after the game :lol: