Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thought it was pathetic how they were the home team and camped in their own half for large parts of last night with no intention of trying to put Sunderland to the sword.

This was definitely the most telling theme of the performance. Yeah, De Gea made a clanger but the tactics were absurd. There was a clear, conscious strategy to camp very deep against Sunderland. Sunderland. At home. No wonder Sunderland gained confidence as the game went on, and for my money fully deserved their place in the final.

Thought it was pathetic how they were the home team and camped in their own half for large parts of last night with no intention of trying to put Sunderland to the sword.

This was definitely the most telling theme of the performance. Yeah, De Gea made a clanger but the tactics were absurd. There was a clear, conscious strategy to camp very deep against Sunderland. Sunderland. At home. No wonder Sunderland gained confidence as the game went on, and for my money fully deserved their place in the final.

Bang on. :thup:

Apparently Moyes had nothing to do with the penalties he just let them get on with it.

Management.

Usually the best way to go about it tbh. If someone isn't feeling up to it they can step back. Penalties are about confidence and technique.

Guest neesy111

Apparently Moyes had nothing to do with the penalties he just let them get on with it.

Management.

Usually the best way to go about it tbh. If someone isn't feeling up to it they can step back. Penalties are about confidence and technique.

Well he has worte a newspaper article on the thing.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BensryeIAAAMXsn.jpg

Just think the senior players should be taking responsibility in that situation, considering the position manu are in right now it's no time to let bairns shoulder it. Fletcher stepped up and took one, Evra should have too and probably Valencia although I'd have no confidence in him scoring one right now either. They should all have the ability to take a decent penalty, but in this case I'd be looking for my senior players to take charge of a fucking shit situation.

Premier League champions Manchester United are now the bookies favourite for Comedy Act of the Year at the 2014 British Comedy Awards.

Despite the year being only three weeks old, comedy veterans have admitted that topping the hilarity of “a night at Old Trafford” is simply not something anyone in the comedy industry is capable of.

Last year’s winner Jack Whitehall told reporters, “Winning is 2013 was an amazing experience, but I might as well take the rest of the year off when you look at the laughs Moyes is getting out of that squad.”

“He’s a comedy genius, clearly. I’d have looked at that squad in the summer and thought there’s not a single chuckle to be had among them, and yet here we are six months later with half the nation literally crying with mirth.”

“It’s not even that he’s made them slapstick funny, it’s the timing. You couldn’t have written last night’s performance any better.”

“I just hope they don’t go into sitcoms, or I’m buggered! Ha, that’s funny because I sound posh and a bit effeminate.”

Manchester United comedy award

Fans of other football clubs have admitted that smiling during Manchester United matches is something of an unusual feeling, until you realise David Moyes must be doing it for your entertainment.

Liverpool fan Simon Williams told us, “Watching a Man Utd game has always been ranked somewhere between a visit to the dentist and a prostate exam.  Unpleasant, predictable and endured next to someone who seems to be enjoying it.”

“But now I’m actively seeking out Man Utd matches, they’re brilliant! Last night a bit of wee came out, I swear to God.”

“I imagine that come Christmas their season in review DVD will beat even Jimmy Carr’s latest release. I know I’ll be asking for it.”

Premier League champions Manchester United are now the bookies favourite for Comedy Act of the Year at the 2014 British Comedy Awards.

Despite the year being only three weeks old, comedy veterans have admitted that topping the hilarity of “a night at Old Trafford” is simply not something anyone in the comedy industry is capable of.

Last year’s winner Jack Whitehall told reporters, “Winning is 2013 was an amazing experience, but I might as well take the rest of the year off when you look at the laughs Moyes is getting out of that squad.”

“He’s a comedy genius, clearly. I’d have looked at that squad in the summer and thought there’s not a single chuckle to be had among them, and yet here we are six months later with half the nation literally crying with mirth.”

“It’s not even that he’s made them slapstick funny, it’s the timing. You couldn’t have written last night’s performance any better.”

“I just hope they don’t go into sitcoms, or I’m buggered! Ha, that’s funny because I sound posh and a bit effeminate.”

Manchester United comedy award

Fans of other football clubs have admitted that smiling during Manchester United matches is something of an unusual feeling, until you realise David Moyes must be doing it for your entertainment.

Liverpool fan Simon Williams told us, “Watching a Man Utd game has always been ranked somewhere between a visit to the dentist and a prostate exam.  Unpleasant, predictable and endured next to someone who seems to be enjoying it.”

“But now I’m actively seeking out Man Utd matches, they’re brilliant! Last night a bit of wee came out, I swear to God.”

“I imagine that come Christmas their season in review DVD will beat even Jimmy Carr’s latest release. I know I’ll be asking for it.”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ROFL Jack Whitehall is such a funny hope he does not die be a big loss for comedy

Was he supposed to manage the professional footballers into hitting a ball on target from 12 yards?

:lol: :thup:

I think the penalty performance is symptomatic of the complete lack of confidence the team has in their own ability.  If that's their fault or the manager's, I dunno.

Conversely, Poyet went around all the players asking if they were up for taking them and organised them to his liking, and they still pulled out a performance that would have dumped them out of the competition 9.5 times out of 10

Conversely, Poyet went around all the players asking if they were up for taking them and organised them to his liking, and they still pulled out a performance that would have dumped them out of the competition 9.5 times out of 10

Aye, good point. They got through by being marginally less crap than the opposition.