Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rafael's biggest issue is this recklessness. It spreads nervousness in the team.

Maybe he could become a great fullback but at the moment you don't look at him and think "solid". All the very best right backs are imo. Lahm, Zabaleta, Alves, Cole etc.

This is the problem in the world, when players like Zabaleta, an out of form Alves and a benched Cole are considered great fullbacks we know there's a shortage of them in the world. I think Rafael is a decent player, but he's just too reckless and he's not as talented as Dani and Marcelo are who both used to be as reckless as Rafael if not worse. Was a time when Marcelo was a hotheaded crazy person on the pitch, unbelievable how he has matured over couple of years and even become 3rd captain for Real.

At the moment for me there's only really two GREAT fullbacks in the world. Lahm and Marcelo (who granted wasn't good against Sevilla, but who is the most technical fullback there is and comfortable on the ball). Alba, Dani, Zabaleta, Rafinha, Alaba, Cole etc. are all very good fullbacks, they're just not great.

Cole has been a great fullback during his career. As has Alves for Barcelona and even Evra until the last couple of seasons.

I think Marcelo is made to look better than he is because teams are (rightly) cautious to attack his side and I haven't seen a lot of him for Brazil.

My main point, is to be considered a top fullback you have to be solid defensively. There's plenty of Kyle Walker's around but there's few who **look** good going forward but can also properly defend. The most impressive thing about Azpilicueta is that he can really defend and he looked better going forward when at RB last season under Rafa.

Yeah my opinion of a great fullback is definitely different, I want a fullback that can attack. Grew up idolising Cafu and players like Zanetti and Roberto Carlos. Players that could run up and down the field and do everything.

As for Cole, Dani and Evra, they've all been great fullbacks none of them are anymore though. Still of the opinion that the two best fullbacks are Marcelo and Lahm. Lahm because of his consistency and amazing awareness. Marcelo because he's the best ball-playing defender I've seen in a long time. He's excellent for Brazil every time and has improved defensively over the years. Better than Dani ever was defensively.

There are lots of fans around the world who wish Manchester United were winning it again," added Scudamore."But you have to balance that off against, generally, we're in the business of putting on a competition and competition means people can compete."

What the actual fuck?  You don't have to 'balance' anything and you're not 'generally' in the business of putting on a competition, that is your business you stupid, corrupt, money hungry fuck.

28 March 2014 Last updated at 08:07

Manchester United troubles 'affect Premier League brand'

Manchester United's troubled defence of their Premier League title is harming the English top flight's worldwide brand, says the competition's chief executive Richard Scudamore.

Under new boss David Moyes, United are seventh in a disappointing campaign.

The 20-time champions are 18 points adrift of leaders Chelsea.  "It's a double-edged sword," said Scudamore. "When your most popular club isn't doing as well, that costs you interest and audience in some places."

Former Everton manager Moyes has watched the Red Devils suffer 10 defeats in 31 league matches since he replaced Sir Alex Ferguson, who retired last summer after almost 27 years in charge.

His team were knocked out of the FA Cup at the third-round stage before being eliminated from the Capital One Cup in the semi-finals.They have reached the Champions League quarter-finals, where they will face defending champions Bayern Munich next month. "There are lots of fans around the world who wish Manchester United were winning it again," added Scudamore."But you have to balance that off against, generally, we're in the business of putting on a competition and competition means people can compete."

Overseas television deals will earn the Premier League more than £2bn between 2013 and 2016. The Premier League sold its domestic broadcasting rights to Sky and BT in a record-breaking deal, worth around £3bn, last year.

The Premier League 'brand' :anguish:

Unfortunately, that's the reality if the situation. A poor-performing ManU hurts their business, and the league is a business before anything else.

And it's laughable that they think of it as a competition. It's not.

I don't know anyone who isn't enjoying Man U's troubles. The hissy fits thrown by some of their fans have been hilarious. Surely the glory seeking foreign fans whose opinions Scudamore is worrying about will just start supporting Man U's replacements at the top of the pile?

"There are lots of fans around the world who wish Manchester United were winning it again"

There are a lot more fans around the world who are happy Manchester United aren't winning it again.

28 March 2014 Last updated at 08:07

Manchester United troubles 'affect Premier League brand'

Manchester United's troubled defence of their Premier League title is harming the English top flight's worldwide brand, says the competition's chief executive Richard Scudamore.

Under new boss David Moyes, United are seventh in a disappointing campaign.

The 20-time champions are 18 points adrift of leaders Chelsea.  "It's a double-edged sword," said Scudamore. "When your most popular club isn't doing as well, that costs you interest and audience in some places."

Former Everton manager Moyes has watched the Red Devils suffer 10 defeats in 31 league matches since he replaced Sir Alex Ferguson, who retired last summer after almost 27 years in charge.

His team were knocked out of the FA Cup at the third-round stage before being eliminated from the Capital One Cup in the semi-finals.They have reached the Champions League quarter-finals, where they will face defending champions Bayern Munich next month. "There are lots of fans around the world who wish Manchester United were winning it again," added Scudamore."But you have to balance that off against, generally, we're in the business of putting on a competition and competition means people can compete."

Overseas television deals will earn the Premier League more than £2bn between 2013 and 2016. The Premier League sold its domestic broadcasting rights to Sky and BT in a record-breaking deal, worth around £3bn, last year.

The Premier League 'brand' :anguish:

I hate Scudamore.

:rant:

And people think it's paranoid conspiracies to think refs are leaned on to give Man U a bit more time to score a winner, causing people in Timbuktu to post "GGMU!" on twitter and rush out to buy a premier league bedspread.

The 7 minutes added time without an injury in that Sheffield Wednesday comeback. The 10 years or so without anyone being awarded a penalty at Old Trafford.  The Tottenham lad , Mendez?, not being given a goal despite the ball being a metre and a half over the line. We've all questioned decisions that have gone their way for years. It's nice to know that when we accused the Premiership of being corrupt that we really weren't doing so out of a hatred for Manchester United.  Well maybe I was. But I don't feel so petty now. As in I had a right to be bitter. I remember "that" season. They went on a run thay seemed to go on forever when they were chasing us down;  when they'd win 1-0 with a bullshit pen or free kick usually scored by a bloke who'd assaulted a fan and should have been kicked out of English football because of it.

It's nice to know now that a Newcastle title victory would've been seen as a bad thing financially for the Premiership and that those dodgy wins gained by them maybe the fruits of upstairs interruption.

Bitter?  Fucking damn right.

Was it Scudamore or was it someone else who infamously stated "we don't want to see players like Wayne Rooney getting sent off".

You don't even have to put 2 and 2 together to realise there is clear bias seeping down the footballing hierarchy in the UK. It's alarmingly obvious and it clearly translates to on-the-pitch decisions.

do remember hearing something like that but damned if I know if it was Scudamore. To him and his cronies its all about maximizing the "premier league brand" and the "lesser clubs" should feel honored to bask in the reflected glory of these clubs and for the most part most clubs are happy to just sit there collecting the massive tv money.

What Scudamore has said there makes it really hit home. There's a problem with the game that will never be fixed if the likes of him are at the top. What a depressing quote. He might as well have just said "long live the Premier League brand."

do remember hearing something like that but damned if I know if it was Scudamore. To him and his cronies its all about maximizing the "premier league brand" and the "lesser clubs" should feel honored to bask in the reflected glory of these clubs and for the most part most clubs are happy to just sit there collecting the massive tv money.

And yet you defend the regime and its employees which ensures our once proud club does just that.