Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm with Brett and Ian here - if we all just close our eyes, cross our fingers and hope really, really hard; everything might just fix itself.

:thup:

Usually things improve, then get worse, then improve again, quite unpredictably.

I'm with Brett and Ian here - if we all just close our eyes, cross our fingers and hope really, really hard; everything might just fix itself.

Usually things improve, then get worse, then improve again, quite unpredictably.

Ah, personally I'm looking forward to the improving bit. Getting worse won't be nice (maybe this is where we are now?) but you have to take the highs with the lows. Then improving again? Sounds good to me! Might as well get behind the lads and Pards!

Hopefully Moyes will rest a few Saturday now. Actually it won't matter if he slips in Cleverley et al , we'll still get a bollocking.

Scored against us last year :anguish:

Aye . Twice :lol:  Couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo against anyone else but us.

Guest bimpy474

Quite a sad state of affairs when people are being ridiculed for expressing that they want NUFC to win an upcoming match. Not surprising like.

It's about not wanting Pardew to win, therefore extending his putrid management. I always want Newcastle United to win.

If you can't understand what people mean by losing in the hope that gets Pardew out, it's not the same as wanting Newcastle to lose.

I guess we're in a position where management doesn't want us to push on as a club and we're safe from relegation. I can see where people are coming from, but it feels totally alien to me to actively want us to lose. If it's what it takes to get Pardew out, maybe it's right.

It should be said as well, Moyes got the team perfect tonight. If Fergie had got this result last season we'd all be up his arse.

It was perfect for Moyes' skill set - a defensive performance at home against superior opposition he's not really expected to beat -  he perfected that at Everton.

Unfortunately his record when playing away against the better sides means you'll almost certainly lose the second leg comfortably.

I'd reluctantly accept (note: not 'want') a pasting if I felt it was going to make Pardew's position untenable.

It's not.

This is all I've said basically, that it's pointless looking for defeats, or even tying to see positives in them, because our league position is good enough to secure Pardew's position.

Not that anyone knows for sure what's going on in Ashley's head.

I'd reluctantly accept (note: not 'want') a pasting if I felt it was going to make Pardew's position untenable.

It's not.

This is all I've said basically, that it's pointless looking for defeats, or even tying to see positives in them, because our league position is good enough to secure Pardew's position.

It's not.

I'd still rather take the pasting as a win would disguise his ineptitude and solidify Ashley's backing of a fraud for far longer.

It's not.

It's not.

i'm still clinging onto the hope that (a) the press turn on him badly and (b) ashley is as clueless about football and as impressionable to suggestion as everyone seems to think

pardew has managed to convince 40-50,000 fans he's not utterly awful when he is, they pay money to watch the games and presumably have done so for a few years in many cases...it's not inconceivable that pardew is spinning ashley a good enough line to hang into the job

You're going to have to cross those fingers so hard that you'll break them :lol:

• 3 weeks later...