Manchester Utd 0 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 07/12/13 - Post-match euphoria from p29

Greg

It's fantastic. All the years they made fun of us for complaining about our shit managers whilst they sat smug with the best manager in the league for over 20 years. Now they get to experience how it really feels.

:lol:

And most would snap their hands off for their "shit manager". I know I'd take Moyes in a heartbeat.

It's fantastic. All the years they made fun of us for complaining about our shit managers whilst they sat smug with the best manager in the league for over 20 years. Now they get to experience how it really feels.

:lol:

And most would snap their hands off for their "shit manager". I know I'd take Moyes in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't. Never been convinced about Moyes tbh. Sure he's done well keeping Everton up there, but I just don't think beyond that he'd do much (something which is seemingly showing at Man Utd). Would want a more positive manager, and not just a somewhat better Pardew.

What a magical day!! Some of the highlights ....

- walking around Manchester for a pre match pint and hearing Geordies everywhere

- entering the ground and not feeling nervous (after Chelsea,Spurs and the two follow up games, today was a totally free game)

- the constant and varied sing song in the first half

- realising the ref wasn't giving a penalty for their dive

- getting to half time and thinking we were on top

- the intensity of the fans in the first 15-20 mins of the second half (I could only par it with the O'Brien song at Sunderland a couple of seasons ago)

- realising the ref wasn't giving a penalty for Anita's 'handball'

- scoring! Celebrating and hugging every person in sight

- head tennis on the halfway line, let alone controlling the midfield

- watching two glorious chances curl wide of our goal frame

- appealing then seeing the flag go up when they thought they'd scored

- witnessing 72000 Old Trafford muppets celebrating a goal that wasn't

- Ben Arfa taking the p*ss out of Moyes

- seeing thousands upon thousands of empty seats with minutes yet to go

- 'Wor Shooolaaa, wor Shooolaaa, he's off to Brazil, cos he f***ing brill, Wor Shooolaaa'

- sucking the ball into the corner

- winning the corner

- Shola and HBA keeping it in the corner

- the full time whistle! Jubilation

- turning round and grinning at the glum Man Utd fans in the boxes behind us

- the vast majority of our fans remaining in our seats for 20+ minutes and singing as though it was a hold in

- walking to the pub/on the metro with a 'frowned face' trying to hide my inner joy

- hearing the Man Utd fans cheering on the smaller clubs as though they were a mid table side

- getting back into Manchester and deeming it was now 'safe' to put our scarves back on

- walking past a group of lads whistling the Debuchy song and both groups shouting 'Debuchy' as we crossed paths

- getting the metro back and having a p*ssed up Manc singing 'Cheer up Alan Shearer/Shearer took you down' for a good 15 minutes. The need to not sing back but just stand there grinning was enough

- sitting in the pub with random proper United fans saying we deserved the win (they even said the pens weren't pens)

- watching motd with a Brown Ale and knowing what was coming

- waking up and reading the match thread

- realising that we'd done it, we'd only gone and f***ing done it!

:indi: :indi: :indi:

For me...all of this plus realising that Stoke's 90th minute winner sealed £140 win on my bets following the wins of Palace, Liverpool, Stoke and of course the might Toon Army.

:smitten:

One of my favourite away days ever. That Cabaye song after the game was fucking mental.

What a day that was. :smitten:

Had to sit in the North stand posh seats due to not being able to get a ticket in the away end. If anything being surrounded by the day trippers and moaners only made the victory even sweeter. Tried to maintain my composure throughout the game (though may have given myself away when Tiote crunched someone, Jones possibly, and i let out a loud get in lad) but when we scored lost all sense of where i was and went mental only to discover there were a group of 7 Newcastle fans sat to my right more in the row behind and liberally dotted about the place (Geordie's here Geordie's there...)

When Van Persie's header dropped in and thought they had equalised some prick in front turned round giving us the big un and didnt realise it had been disallowed for a while making it even more amusing when the penny finally dropped. Will remember the look on his face for many a year.

Ended up being a really emotional day and so glad i was able to go with my Dad (who was there in 72 to see the last win) with tears in his eyes he said to me afterwards that he didnt think he would get to see another win there in his lifetime .

As many have said immense performance from pretty much everyone (Though for me Cabaye is a bit wasted when he plays in that more advanced role but he got the goal, but did very little else, but that would just be nit picking) I think if we had pressed on a bit more we would have done them by a few more like but any win there is a great result so mustnt grumble.

Working in Manchester today and not many people want to discuss the weekends games with me for some reason? odd

:thup: great for your old man :)

To me I much prefer cabaye in the advanced roll/between the lines,  I think he's wasted when he's further back :lol: love having him marauding around the opposition box for long shots/creative through balls etc :aww: hated when he was being used basically as a Dm.

Aye get your point about Cabaye. For me though the ideal scenario is to have him playing alongside Tiote who can do the ugly stuff and then get the ball to Yohan to do the more creative things. I like to see him picking the ball up deeper (much like Anita was on saturday tbf picking ball up of the centre halves and looking to probe going forward)

Just think the game can pass him by a bit if he isnt in the thick of it. Was one moment when i think it was Nani ran with the ball past Cabaye who just let him go leaving him to run un-apposed towards our box which had he had a bit more composure could have been dangerous. Now i know Cabs may have had his instructions as to what to chase and what not but i think we get more out of him if he is in the middle pf the action.

Obviously he is suspended for the next game so imagine Anita will continue in this role at least for that game which for me is well deserved as he has been very unlucky to miss out.

Man U friend at work claims tiote should have been sent off multiple times over :spit:

He was very lucky to escape a booking on Evra, tbh. Didn't see anything else that would have warranted him leaving the field, like.

Liverpool mate even laughed and just said 'keane'

surprised he didn't stammer over his choices, could've went with scholes, irwin, phil neville, ince, etc etc etc etc, consistently among the snidiestly dirty teams out there but allowed to get away with it through cowed officials.