Manchester Utd 0 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 07/12/13 - Post-match euphoria from p29

Greg

The Cleverley Jones combo was shockingly bad, probably the worst performance from a midfield 2 that I've ever seen at united.

Park-Rafael say hi

Just goes to show how brilliant Ferguson was, wanker or otherwise.

Ferguson's donut formations should never have worked but somehow did, somewhat wonder how much ferguson did have an intimidation factor that just made teams not bother too hard. they haven't got a single 'top' midfielder imo

Ferguson's donut formations should never have worked but somehow did, somewhat wonder how much ferguson did have an intimidation factor that just made teams not bother too hard. they haven't got a single 'top' midfielder imo

Kagawa?

Carrick is a great player tbh, his injury is a big miss. if RVP was off form last year and Carrick was injured i doubt Fergie would have done as well either.

Not denying his brilliance but the comparison isn't exactly identical.

Ok harsh, but I dunno Kagawa adds a lot going forward I agree really good but only ever going to be deployed as a forward essentially, more classic no 10 than a midfielder, but that maybe just me being pedantic/wrong. I agree he's good though.

Carrick is very good at times but is reliant on other players imo, can's impose himself but improves the rest of the midfield.

I'll retract no top midfielders claim, but they don';t have a particularly strong midfield.

Guest firetotheworks

The MOTD footage just made it look like a smash and grab. It's obviously a bit weird to just show a team having possession, but you'd think that we just defended for the whole match.

MotD done a hatchet job on us then? What a surprise!

Basically aye.  Was watching the programme in the pub and predicted it beforehand - although you needed the psychic powers of Derrick Acorah to guess this would happen.

No mention of Nano with a potential leg breaker but the handball and Tiote elbow got a lot of replays and alternate angles.