Newcastle United 0 - 1 Arsenal - 29/12/13 - post-match reaction from page 33

Rich

The point I'm trying to make us we didn't create anything nor did we go out there playing to win.

Pardew's tactics show that he would have taken a draw and for me I want to see us go out to win every home game.

Bit unfair. Pardew's approach to this game was essentially the same one he used against Chelsea - keep it tight and compact for the first half then go for the kill around the 60 minute mark. It was only really undone today by the one defensive lapse. No-one was complaining about the attacking intent on display at Chelsea; I think it's unfair to do the same for today's game.

That is EXACTLY why HBA should not start every game. I coach kids with more awareness of what's going on around them...

Jesus :lol:

Glad you noted that because i was just.......argh.....:lol:

Guy created more than anyone else in half the time. Granted he was a bit greedy but if he wasn't greedy he wouldn't be Hatem.

Well yeah, everyone is focusing on those two shots, ok they were very greedy but like f*** he's selfish all the time. He damn good will create chances if we actually played him, like last week.

I know criticising HBA on here goes against the grain, but he was poor and looked disinterested against Stoke until two reds gave him the space / time to look good...

Wat ? are you mental in the head ?

Jesus. What game did he watch? :lol:

I have no idea like :lol:

Same as the rest of you - the one where HBA had his back to the play for the first half hour every time we were building from the back.

Look - I think HBA is a genius...however to say he is prone to overdo things would be an understatement....

That is EXACTLY why HBA should not start every game. I coach kids with more awareness of what's going on around them...

Guy created more than anyone else in half the time. Granted he was a bit greedy but if he wasn't greedy he wouldn't be Hatem.

Well yeah, everyone is focusing on those two shots, ok they were very greedy but like f*** he's selfish all the time. He damn good will create chances if we actually played him, like last week.

I know criticising HBA on here goes against the grain, but he was poor and looked disinterested against Stoke until two reds gave him the space / time to look good...

You've got absolutely no idea what you're on about have you? :lol:  He was sitting deep and staying in a compact defensive line up until the sending offs loosened the rains.  He had no less players in front of him in the second half.

No. Not a clue.

Well at least we agree you haven't got a clue anyway :thup:

No. I was stood 20 f***ing yards from him you retard.

Your view wont help if you're mental like.

Clown

The point I'm trying to make us we didn't create anything nor did we go out there playing to win.

Pardew's tactics show that he would have taken a draw and for me I want to see us go out to win every home game.

Bit unfair. Pardew's approach to this game was essentially the same one he used against Chelsea - keep it tight and compact for the first half then go for the kill around the 60 minute mark. It was only really undone today by the one defensive lapse. No-one was complaining about the attacking intent on display at Chelsea; I think it's unfair to do the same for today's game.

It's also a tactic I feel is fundamentally flawed.

We were the better side over the 90 and thoroughly deserved at least a draw but I'm kind of gutted we didn't get a win tbh. I thought they were there for the taking had we been clinical.

This match goes to show how badly we need another striker really. Still a good match to watch though and we played great. Debuchy was MOTM of course and Arsenal really didn't deserve the win.

As said, Benny wasted some key chances when he should've passed or created for others but I don't lay any blame on him.

No. I was stood 20 f***ing yards from him you retard.

Your view wont help if you're mental like.

Clown

No it wont help if you're a clown either, quite right.

This

Guest bimpy474

Same as the rest of you - the one where HBA had his back to the play for the first half hour every time we were building from the back.

Look - I think HBA is a genius...however to say he is prone to overdo things would be an understatement....

This retard agrees on that bit. Rather that than not at all imo though.

This retard agrees on that bit. Rather that than not at all imo though.

:lol:

Just going to completely ignore those two magnificent through balls to Debuchy, yeah?

Regarding Arsenal, as huge a result as that is for them, they didn't look like Champions to me. Their goal was scrappy and fortuitous and then they were simply organised at the back. It was their day, like. Could've easily dropped points, there.

Man City and Liverpool both looked more impressive the other day.

Guest bimpy474

Ben Arfa was "poor" and "disinterested" in the first half against Stoke now?

Christ almighty.

It just goes to show how fans can see things differently, well wrongly if you are of one opinion.

He does have a tendency to over do things.  But that's quite different to claiming he was terrible today and couldnt be bothered against Stoke until the sendings off gave him loads of space and made him look good :lol:

Its ridiculous nonsense frankly.  Fact is he played his part in a defensive line up first half and still created our only real chances.  In the second half he was still marked by at least two just like the first.  The difference being that the sendings off allowed him to get forward much more.

He was releasing the ball early in the 1st half and after the sending offs took more time on the ball like the rest of our team did. He isn't perfect but how can you say he overdid things in that half. :lol:

Got to laugh at people slagging Ben Arfa. Absolute morons. The kid comes on with the brief to create things which he did and just because he didn't create a goal people are calling him. Yeah his decision making is poor but at least he had a few attempts at goal man ffs. No fucker else looked capable.

It's also a tactic I feel is fundamentally flawed.

Why?

Guest bimpy474

Draw would have been a fair result. Disappointing to be undone by a set piece rather than their genuine class.

Ah whey, we'll do West Brom.

The perfect reaction would be to win at W.B.A, we need a reaction like, it's what good teams do. It's a nice little test of our metal.

Thought we deserved something out of that, pretty evenly matched. Great save for Sissoko's shot and agonising to see that cannon off Remy's face creep round the post. Good performance generally and thought Pardew generally got it right, though Gouffran probably shouldn't have come off.