Newcastle United 0 - 1 Arsenal - 29/12/13 - post-match reaction from page 33

Rich

Why does one have to be fanboy or hater. It's like the Pardew stuff

You know you lot are a bunch of fannies at times like :lol:

I'm too long in the tooth to be a 'fanboy' or a 'hater'...

Just happy to say it as I see it despite the inevitable backlash for criticising the uncriticisable!

We played well today and didn't deserve to lose IMO. Arsenal created little due to our hard work and we just switched off for the freekick. Going forward we were decent but selected the wrong option time after time. My only real complaint would be that we left it a bit late to start chasing the game, though having said that it was weird to see Krul up at the end before the 90mins had even been played out. :laugh:

Overall I'm happy we competed so well, if you're going to lose I'd much rather it be in this fashion where the opposition knows they've had to battle very hard for the points.

Someone with some common sense

Did you bring sir an apple, you tart :lol:

joking obviously....... :hmm:

Ban him lads, needs more time with his missus iyam!

:troll:

I said "shoot" before Ben Arfa took that shot on btw, it was absolutely the right decision to shoot. Should have gone for the back post mind.

The right decision just because you said it? :lol:  No, it's because you love seeing magic moments from your charming prince at the expense of team cohesion.

Come on, there was no options on the box. Poor shot but the right decision. Love these edgy HBA-fanboyhaters.

I might be wrong, there were at least 2 there. And even then, he could have waited and used his creative talents to produce something else.

I said "shoot" before Ben Arfa took that shot on btw, it was absolutely the right decision to shoot. Should have gone for the back post mind.

The right decision just because you said it? :lol:  No, it's because you love seeing magic moments from your charming prince at the expense of team cohesion.

It was the right decision because there was no one to pass to, and hes got a good shot on him.

We played well today and didn't deserve to lose IMO. Arsenal created little due to our hard work and we just switched off for the freekick. Going forward we were decent but selected the wrong option time after time. My only real complaint would be that we left it a bit late to start chasing the game, though having said that it was weird to see Krul up at the end before the 90mins had even been played out. :laugh:

Overall I'm happy we competed so well, if you're going to lose I'd much rather it be in this fashion where the opposition knows they've had to battle very hard for the points.

:lol:

Nah, he summed it up really well.

Anyone saying they were there for the taking lives on a different planet.

We're doing really well, this is nothing. We can soon pick points up and I don't see why we can't push on.

Guest bimpy474

Just happy to say it as I see it despite the inevitable backlash for criticising the uncriticisable!

It just a thing thats cropped up lately, i rather prefer option 3, retard group with me as king :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Ban him lads, needs more time with his missus iyam!

:troll:

Oi that is not funny :lol:

He does have a tendency to over do things.  But that's quite different to claiming he was terrible today and couldnt be bothered against Stoke until the sendings off gave him loads of space and made him look good :lol:

Let's get this straight.

Never sad he was 'terrible' today - I said he should not start every game as most on here think.

And you need to watch the Stoke game again - we was one of the most anonymous players on the pitch until we had the game handed to us by their players / Atkinson.

But again, apologies for not bowing to popular opinion...

He created more even in the first half then any other player while also being the most anonymous?  Hows that even possible? ???  Take your own suggestion and go and watch the game again.  Their players absolutely handed the game to us by getting sent off.  But not because they no longer marked Ben Arfa.  Because with no threat we moved up the pitch and he started recieving the ball near their goal.

He wasn't good today but to criticise his first half against Stoke is just ridiculous.

Even the most delusional of the Ben Arfa fan boys must be a little concerned about his decision making. For all his talent he's 27 and still making the wrong calls too often.

Delusional fan boys :anguish: FOH with that s*** man

Nah, people who criticise Ben Arfa get labelled as "morons" all the time. We all want him to succeed like. He's our most exciting player no doubt. But most exciting does not equal best.

It just a thing thats cropped up lately, i rather prefer option 3, retard group with me a king :lol:

Ah ok - if group three is full I'll go for group 4 - Dumb and Blind - Members only like...

It was the right decision because there was no one to pass to, and hes got a good shot on him.

As I mentioned before, I think there were at least 2 players in the box. Happy to hold my hands up if wrong.

As for having a good shot on him, it's true. But he wastes hell of a lot as well.

I'd rather we played our best player, abandoned one of the two DMs and tried to win.

I think it was imperative to match Arsenal for numbers in midfield. I love Ben Arfa as much as the next man, but for me using him as an impact sub was the right call today.

Guest bimpy474

It just a thing thats cropped up lately, i rather prefer option 3, retard group with me a king :lol:

Ah ok - if group three is full I'll go for group 4 - Dumb and Blind - Members only like...

But how would they know  :icon_scratch:

He does have a tendency to over do things.  But that's quite different to claiming he was terrible today and couldnt be bothered against Stoke until the sendings off gave him loads of space and made him look good :lol:

Let's get this straight.

Never sad he was 'terrible' today - I said he should not start every game as most on here think.

And you need to watch the Stoke game again - we was one of the most anonymous players on the pitch until we had the game handed to us by their players / Atkinson.

He created more even in the first half then any other player while also being the most anonymous?  Hows that even possible? ???  Take your own suggestion and go and watch the game again.  Their players absolutely handed the game to us, just not for the reason you claim.

Must have been at different games then.

Also - please feel free to elaborate on the 'just not for the reason you claim' statement? Whilst I accept being in group 4, what other reason am I claiming?

Beaten by a better team today, they matched everything we did and did a better job of staying compact and defending stoutly than we did. No shame in that. Good game despite their being next to no goalmouth action.

Feel really deflated after that, we should have had a freekick right before they got theirs, Anita was clattered into from behind.

The cheating is an utter disgrace to but will the FA do anything? like Theo rolling around holding his face trying to get Tiote sent off when there was no contact at all.

We I think showed them to much respect and let them take control of the game, Benny should have started and we should have had a go. Still I hope the take away some positives and go and smash West Brom on New Years day.

Pardew has made us well organised, hard working and difficult to beat, and a bit boring with it. I thought we got what we deserved, we tried to match them in midfield and that's about it. Anyhow without serious investment or a much better manager we are what we are, the 8th or 9th best team in the league, and that's where we will probably finish. Not very exciting really.

Let's get this straight.

He created more even in the first half then any other player while also being the most anonymous?  Hows that even possible? ???  Take your own suggestion and go and watch the game again.  Their players absolutely handed the game to us, just not for the reason you claim.

Must have been at different games then.

Also - please feel free to elaborate on the 'just not for the reason you claim' statement? Whilst I accept being in group 4, what other reason am I claiming?

You're claiming that Ben Arfa was only better in the second half because the 9 men gave him loads of space to run in to.  When the biggest difference was that the 9 men allowed us to abandon our very defensive line up.  That meant he could get forward much more and recieve the ball near their goal, which happened rarely in the first half due to the defensive responsibilities he'd clearly been given.  Obviously some extra space is always going to be created by two men being sent off.  But for the most part Stoke still had him double marked.  Difference being he was picking the ball up near the opposition box with two around him rather than on half way or in our own half.  So when he beats players he's then in a position to hurt them.  Earlier in the game if he beat a player he would usually still find himself near half way.

Pardew has made us well organised, hard working and difficult to beat, and a bit boring with it. I thought we got what we deserved, we tried to match them in midfield and that's about it. Anyhow without serious investment or a much better manager we are what we are, the 8th or 9th best team in the league, and that's where we will probably finish. Not very exciting really.

Agreed - if this is the limit of Ashley's ambition there will not be too much to look forward to.

:thup:

Was a cracking ball in from Walcott mind.