Remy Cabella

Yaron

Well then do I a) spend an entire summer refreshing this page in the hope that mike Ashley isn't a complete cunt or b)... It doesn't matter what option b is really, just pick b.

I don't disagree, bloke should have been sacked 18 months ago goes without saying. Just while we are stuck with him its a bit silly to say it makes zero difference of whether we buy quality or not.

Just wait until next season when he plays Cabella left wing, Ayoz at right back with Sissoko up front and we've come off the pitch losing 3-0 to sunderland. It'll all come flooding back.

Still better than going down and losing what little quality we have left.

Debateable. While I don't want to go down, good players will just keep Pardew in a job even longer and under his management we can't possibly do anything other than win games at random while achieving f*** all.

This is getting silly now :lol:

Already on the "we need to up the bid part". Not going to happen then.

I have absolutely no faith in us making a reasonable offer for anyone but I doubt many clubs offer exactly what the other club wants with their first bid. If they do they could have probably gotten them cheaper.

Already on the "we need to up the bid part". Not going to happen then.

I have absolutely no faith in us making a reasonable offer for anyone but I doubt many clubs offer exactly what the other club wants with their first bid. If they do they could have probably gotten them cheaper.

No faith. Preparing for another boring, long season already(40 games).

We will only make bids if we are 100% sure that it will be rejected.

Rule of nufc business.

Nah, I think we genuinely bid there or thereabouts their "value", but if it turns into a bidding war or the other club increases the value, we don't budge.

Might as well lock the thread. This is clearly a no-go.

Looks like the established pattern is continuing:

- Linked with a big(ish) player;

- Gets bigged up in the press, quotes from player/agent;

- NUFC make an offer;

- Offer declined due to it being derisory;

- Up our offer by a bit;

- Offer gets rejected;

- Player goes somewhere else.

- The above wastes 2 months and we start panicking as we have no contingency plan.

Repeat the above steps for any other potential player we go for.

Fairly sure a bid was made, safe in the knowledge it was so low that it was never going to be accepted. That way they got to claim they'd made a 'substantial bid' in an effort to con the fans into thinking we were serious. They're good at that.

@LaurensJulien: @MsiDouglas @buntiman @talkSPORT thank you guys! I hope the Cabella deal happens. SJP will love him!! He will remind you of Ginola!

Pards won't like the sound of that.

@LaurensJulien: @MsiDouglas @buntiman @talkSPORT thank you guys! I hope the Cabella deal happens. SJP will love him!! He will remind you of Ginola!

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02081/pardew_2081711c.jpg

Making low ball bids, fake offers, only difference between now and when they were pulling that shit when they first arrived is that Pardew doesn't mind a single bit.

I liked the theory someone posted a few days ago that Pardew doesn't mind the lack of quality to a degree, because it would only increase expectations if we had a really strong squad.

Guest reefatoon

He'll have the Ginola Pardewed out of him by late September at the latest. come October he will be a perfect clone of Gouffran and Sissoko, two other successful Pardewed subjects.  If not, he will be getting blamed for all the 3 - 0 humpings and dropped.

Guest bimpy474

Any joy and excitement i feel is completely destroyed knowing just who's going to pick the team and set out the tactics.