Remy Cabella

Yaron

His decision making is the bigger problem rather than his physique IMO. He holds on to the ball far too long thinking about what to do and eventually gets muscled off it. Tbf if we had better movement he may see a pass quicker and get rid of it quicker

His decision making is the bigger problem rather than his physique IMO. He holds on to the ball far too long thinking about what to do and eventually gets muscled off it. Tbf if we had better movement he may see a pass quicker and get rid of it quicker

He delays on the ball because of the lack of movement - it was exactly the same with HBA.  No options so they hold onto it and then get abuse from the crowd for being greedy.

This whole 'he's not built for the Premier League' line is constantly peddled by morons and has-been former 80s era players.

Go and tell David Silva, Juan Mata, Eden Hazard, Gianfranco Zola, Bojan, Christian Eriksen etc etc. that they're not built for the Premier League you ignorant pricks.

A bit of decent coaching and management will see Cabella come good.

I agree.

I'm just not sure he's good enough.

same here unfortunately

Seems pretty obvious to me that he's a good player who's suffered from working with two of the biggest pillocks to have called themselves coaches. He'll do well under a decent coaching team, just like Sissoko will, Perez... The list goes on.

At the end of the day, at Montpellier, he played as a central attacking midfielder, playing quick passes, and playing one twos, rarely going shoulder to shoulder and especially not on the wing. He never consistently took people on the way Hatem did, or the way players like Hazard can. It's not his style and never has been, so to expect him to take to the PL and start playing that style is stupid to the nth degree.

If we, as a team, learn to pass the ball more and involve more off the ball movement, I can immediately see him stepping it up a level, due to the reduced physicality he would face.

Who would you compare him to at Montpellier?

I've not given up on him, and hope McClaren can set the team up with more passing options to save him from having to beat three men every time he gets the ball.

His height and weight won't actually be that far off Floyd Mayweather's at the recent Pacquiao fight, but he certainly doesn't have the same impression of solidity about him. Hazard and Silva look much heavier and lower center of gravity to me, and if I had to name a footballer as proof that a similar physique can be no impediment, the one I'd choose is Neymar.

He delays on the ball because of the lack of movement - it was exactly the same with HBA.  No options so they hold onto it and then get abuse from the crowd for being greedy.

But Ben Arfa rarely got the ball taken off him going backwards

At the end of the day, at Montpellier, he played as a central attacking midfielder, playing quick passes, and playing one twos, rarely going shoulder to shoulder and especially not on the wing. He never consistently took people on the way Hatem did, or the way players like Hazard can. It's not his style and never has been, so to expect him to take to the PL and start playing that style is stupid to the nth degree.

If we, as a team, learn to pass the ball more and involve more off the ball movement, I can immediately see him stepping it up a level, due to the reduced physicality he would face.

He's not particularly similar to any of their current squad. Their number 7 Anthony Mounier is an out and out winger, and has took up Cabellas play making responsibility. After that, the rest of the team is average except Morgan Sanson, who we have been linked with previously.

Barrios, ex BVB player has done well, but he was only on loan from Russia, and played centre forward. So again, there is nowt to compare him with.

Any particular reason you want to compare him to his past squad? Because there is no chance we are signing players from them again, we have ruined MYM, and damaged Cabella so far.

He's not particularly similar to any of their current squad. Their number 7 Anthony Mounier is an out and out winger, and has took up Cabellas play making responsibility. After that, the rest of the team is average except Morgan Sanson, who we have been linked with previously.

Barrios, ex BVB player has done well, but he was only on loan from Russia, and played centre forward. So again, there is nowt to compare him with.

Any particular reason you want to compare him to his past squad? Because there is no chance we are signing players from them again, we have ruined MYM, and damaged Cabella so far.

Sorry - I meant - from the player he was at in Montpellier, what player would liken him to? I did the lazy thing of thinking he was the HBA replacement. A wide man, skillful and someone that could get a lot of goals. He's not that player at all. Mata? Silva? Nasri?

Sorry - I meant - from the player he was at in Montpellier, what player would liken him to? I did the lazy thing of thinking he was the HBA replacement. A wide man, skillful and someone that could get a lot of goals. He's not that player at all. Mata? Silva? Nasri?

I wanted him to be our HBA aswell, but I knew he wasn't as explosive, and playing him on the wing hasn't helped at all.

I would say he's a poor mans version of someone like Coutinho, clever passes, good movement, handful of goals and assists. In Ligue 1, where he had more time and space, he played some brilliant games, although with Montpellier being a midtable team, alot of it was counter attacking football. He was very often the player winning the ball high up the pitch and starting attacks. It's something I never understood about Pardews criticism of him, because he's actually pretty damn good at tackling for a creative midfielder.

Unfortunately he wont come close to replicating Coutihno type of performances for us, and he will never be Silva or Nasri good.

Why is this such a hard concept for people to grasp?

Two players who can play amazing through balls to runners (among other things) look like absolute toilet in a team where everyone but them stand still.