Remy Cabella

Yaron

Cabella leaving does somewhat take the shine off of Thavin coming in mind. I really did think this lad could make it given time. With Sissoko out wide though I appreciate that he was never going to really be given a chance. Seems a nice lad with plenty of talent and I wonder if we'll look back and wonder what if.

Some one had to leave though and clearly no fucker wants Obertan/Gouffran/Tiote so...

Wasted a lot of time and money on him. Really hope the only way we'd get Thauvin was to loan Cabella with an option to buy, but Cabella is coming back. I'd much rather retain him than De Jong who has been a total waste of time.

But gutted we didn't get to see the best of this lad. From that first photo outside the ground last summer with that hideous coat and shite coloured trousers I thought we had a really good player. However total mis management and bad handling meant we saw nowhere near his best.

Good luck to the lad.

I was prepared to give most players, apart from obertan and Williamson, a clean slate now we have got rid of Pardew and Carver. Thought this lad could shine in a more positive set up.

http://b.smimg.net/13/50/yoan-gouffran.jpg

I was prepared to give most players, apart from obertan and Williamson, a clean slate now we have got rid of Pardew and Carver. Thought this lad could shine in a more positive set up.

This is largely how I feel. I still think that despite the money spent we lack someone really capable of making key passes in tight areas and it seemed early on that this was meant to be Cabella's biggest asset. I did hope that given the opportunity to drift and find space with movement around him that Cabella would have done a lot better than being forced out wide into 1 v 1/2 v 1 situations where he lacked the heft or the pace to really trouble full backs. I can understand why building a team around Cabella in the Premier League is something that most managers would not want to do however.

Guest Howaythetoon

In his one season here he showed me nothing to suggest he was a more than capable player, nothing. That said, he was being managed and coached by Pardew and Carver...

Reckon he just wanted to go back to France tbh.

I agree, but it's just another thing that makes me sad about how worthless we are now. The kid was here for a year, was barely given a chance, recognised how shite the club was, and couldn't wait to pop back to France. I want footballers to come here and fall in love with the club, and whilst I recognise that plenty of footballers are just playing for their wage and don't care about any club, I don't think that was the case with Cabella, given he seemed to be a nice enough guy...... but who knows.

Oh well. Another one bites the dust. Now we get a new Frenchman to "bed in" for a year and sell on after underachieving.

(I am also looking forward to the history-rewriting Mapou-esque comments that will inevitably follow his departure)

I agree, but it's just another thing that makes me sad about how worthless we are now. The kid was here for a year, was barely given a chance, recognised how shite the club was, and couldn't wait to pop back to France. I want footballers to come here and fall in love with the club, and whilst I recognise that plenty of footballers are just playing for their wage and don't care about any club, I don't think that was the case with Cabella, given he seemed to be a nice enough guy...... but who knows.

Oh well. Another one bites the dust. Now we get a new Frenchman to "bed in" for a year and sell on after underachieving.

(I am also looking forward to the history-rewriting Mapou-esque comments that will inevitably follow his departure)

Best of luck to him. Bit like mapou really, wrong time, wrong place and maybe not best suited to what we need and want here. Shame given how much our club staff hyped him up.

:lol: Didn't expect it to be this quick.

I agree, but it's just another thing that makes me sad about how worthless we are now. The kid was here for a year, was barely given a chance, recognised how s**** the club was, and couldn't wait to pop back to France. I want footballers to come here and fall in love with the club, and whilst I recognise that plenty of footballers are just playing for their wage and don't care about any club, I don't think that was the case with Cabella, given he seemed to be a nice enough guy...... but who knows.

:thup:

Best of luck to him. Bit like mapou really, wrong time, wrong place and maybe not best suited to what we need and want here. Shame given how much our club staff hyped him up.

Perfectly reasonable post that tbf, brother. Not much rewriting of history taking place re Mapou either, his performances for us were often heavily criticised at the time.

Sensible move on his part and I also feel like he's probably wanted to leave as opposed to the club necessarily wanting to shift him... Was always likely to be on the fringes this season. He'll get regular football for Marseille and have the chance to put himself back in contention for the French team ahead of the Euros.

Perfectly reasonable post that tbf, brother. Not much rewriting of history taking place re Mapou either, his performances for us were often heavily criticised at the time.

Obviously I disagree, thus the comment in the first place. No need for debate here, I regularly disagree with your posts and this is no exception. Good day.

Obviously I disagree, thus the comment in the first place. No need for debate here, I regularly disagree with your posts and this is no exception. Good day.

Only fitting to bottle it in the Cabella thread.

WEW PATTER. Luv u Sem

Although I would have liked to have seen him get a second chance under the new management, I'm not too bothered about him leaving. I just didn't see enough from the guy to think he could be a star here. Perez is younger and still was able to perform under Pardew.