Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

Got 2 in the Gallowgate Upper block S for Palace. Logged in and had tickets within 10 mins.

Same mate, got 2 as well in the leazes was a ten minute wait but no issues 

Just now, Dan Gleebals said:

Not been to SJP for a while now (thanks Ashley) but loads of away games.  Best place to sit in SJP for atmoshere these days?  Planning to come up for the Liverpool game.  Cheers 

Strawberry Corner or Gallowgate 

3 hours ago, Dan Gleebals said:

Not been to SJP for a while now (thanks Ashley) but loads of away games.  Best place to sit in SJP for atmoshere these days?  Planning to come up for the Liverpool game.  Cheers 

Definitely the Gallowgate but you'll need to be very quick. It's always the first stand to sell out. Failing that L7 next to the away fans is pretty decent.

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Brilliant that they've frozen the prices especially considering how good the team is likely to be. Now all I've got to do is try to get one (well 2)!

Lots of reports on Twitter as to some quite substantive increases (£200-300 in some cases). Assume it’s those coming off the long term deals - yet to check my own.

10 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

Lots of reports on Twitter as to some quite substantive increases (£200-300 in some cases). Assume it’s those coming off the long term deals - yet to check my own.

I think that's it. In line with inflation, a £600 ST in 2012 (they were fixed for 10 years I think?) is £800 today. Big jump if someone wasn't expecting it.

I was on a 9yr prize freeze, which was due to expire, and mine’s stayed the same at £659.

Not sure if the reports of the £200 increase relate to those who were previously paying <£500? 

Regardless, could have done with better communication in terms of warning of any price increase, although no doubt the uncertainty over which league we would be in probably hasn’t helped.

7 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

Aye it's people whos 10 year deals have ended. Was always going to happen. 10 years is a good run for a price freeze. You can't expect it to stay like that forever. Looks like the idea may be that everyone just pays the same, so in the Gallowgate for example, that's £659.

I got an email off them in February saying my direct debit for the 2022 23 season was going to start in March. I was on a price freeze

Confused to what's happening today now and whether a need to do owt

17 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Aye it's people whos 10 year deals have ended. Was always going to happen. 10 years is a good run for a price freeze. You can't expect it to stay like that forever. Looks like the idea may be that everyone just pays the same, so in the Gallowgate for example, that's £659.

That's interesting. I've wondered whether one way to manage the demand for STs when they go on general sale would be to have a ballot like they did for the Olympics.

So rather than 15,000 people all trying to buy 2,000 tickets at the same time (which the website clearly couldn't handle), there would be a window of however many weeks where you just register how many tickets you want, what areas you'd be willing to sit in etc then it's just luck of the draw rather than fastest finger first.

If they've made all the tickets in large blocks all the same price then maybe that's what they're going to do?

9 minutes ago, jack j said:

I got an email off them in February saying my direct debit for the 2022 23 season was going to start in March. I was on a price freeze

Confused to what's happening today now and whether a need to do owt

Same here, I made 1 DD payment then paid the whole thing off in mid march and they said that was it , I will be a bit pissed if they come back for more money now. 

I’d be in favour of a ballot, although not sure how they would manage friends and family who want to sit together. 

Would also benefit touts and stuff who would necessarily be bothered to queue, but would fill out a form. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

17 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Same here, I made 1 DD payment then paid the whole thing off in mid march and they said that was it , I will be a bit pissed if they come back for more money now. 

It's the bit where they've said they'll be on touch with all season ticket holders and they all need to renew by 19th May

As far as I was aware I was renewed already ..