The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

I'd have Bruce over Pardew like.

Not that I'd want Bruce, but considering he's never led a big team his record is far better than Pardew's.

Was interested to see how they compared so checked wiki -  Bruce has a career win percentage of 37.39 from 666 games to Pardew's 42.73 from 674.

That's why I included the bit about Bruce never having led a big team. Pardew's win percentage is boosted by his wins with us and leading high profile lower league teams.

I am sorry - I want Pardew out as much as the next man, but what does this even mean?  A manager's win ratio is boosted by winning games.  Who would have thought it?

Should we not count Pardew's wins with us?

Hull battering teams in poor form 6-0 and 4-0.

Looking forward to going down there next week :anguish:

Me to... Don't think I've ever seen us beat Hull home or away... When did we last?... :lol:

League Cup '97

Des Hamilton and Ian Rush... :lol:

Halcyon days.

Me to... Don't think I've ever seen us beat Hull home or away... When did we last?... :lol:

League Cup '97

Hulcywon days.

League Cup '97

Halcyon days.

Says it all about the footy under KD when I can recollect the win in 1990 a little better... :lol:

I'd have Bruce over Pardew like.

Not that I'd want Bruce, but considering he's never led a big team his record is far better than Pardew's.

Was interested to see how they compared so checked wiki -  Bruce has a career win percentage of 37.39 from 666 games to Pardew's 42.73 from 674.

That's why I included the bit about Bruce never having led a big team. Pardew's win percentage is boosted by his wins with us and leading high profile lower league teams.

I am sorry - I want Pardew out as much as the next man, but what does this even mean?  A manager's win ratio is boosted by winning games.  Who would have thought it?

Should we not count Pardew's wins with us?

His win percentage with us is only 38% - the only place he was worse was Charlton.

Guest palnese

Did Kaka claim Mata would play on the right in a 4-4-2?

Can't remember if I did, but with everyone fit he was never going to play anywhere else but wide anyway.

Are you watching the game now?

Can't remember if I did, but with everyone fit he was never going to play anywhere else but wide anyway.

:lol: Right? Mata has a free role, and has done since signing.

:lol: Right? Mata has a free role, and has done since signing.

He drifts in from wide right, fair enough. Still hasn't done much since he joined.

In the infamous 81 crosses game, he was just launching crosses into the box.

Just like Kagawa, it's not working and the problems don't lie with either player.

Not jealous of anyone winning that cup, mind.

I find that very hard to believe.

Middlesbrough won it 10 years back. Why would I want to end a 5 decade drought with that? No thanks.

It's indicative of ambition. Which is something this club lacks from top to bottom.

And that won't change, so why bother? The ambition would be great but ending the drought with a LC win would feel a massive anticlimax.

Middlesbrough won it 10 years back. Why would I want to end a 5 decade drought with that? No thanks.

It's indicative of ambition. Which is something this club lacks from top to bottom.

And that won't change, so why bother? The ambition would be great but ending the drought with a LC win would feel a massive anticlimax.

Why does that have to be the climax? Surely a team that shows enough ambition to compete for a cup isn't suddenly going to lie down and settle for mediocrity.

Any club that doesn't come out and say, "Our goal is to win football matches and be the best club we possibly can be," is utterly pointless, even if the club has no realistic chance of achieving those goals. What's the point of even playing the game if not to succeed?

Why does that have to be the climax? Surely a team that shows enough ambition to compete for a cup isn't suddenly going to lie down and settle for mediocrity.

Like 'Boro you mean? I just don't really want us to win the LC as a means to end the drought. Pointless talking like this because the current NUFC is winning nothing, ever.