Other clubs' transfers

TBG

I don't know what happened in Brazil but Neymar aside - there's so little natural flair in he side. Perhaps I was spoiled growing up with Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo & Ronaldinho bringing swagger to this sport. Even Middlesbrough had an exciting Brazilian. I like Oscar but he lacks swag. Lucio has more swagger in his game than Willian.

Kaiz welling up with pride?

Norwegian football has needed a shining star for like... a decade now, so it's nice that we might end up having one. Yet the way the media over here is jizzing EVERYWHERE because of this is making me annoyed beyond belief.

He's sincerely really fucking talented though. Outplayed the entire fucking league before he turned 16, and the best player by far in all his national apps so far. I genuinely think he might be on the fringes of the Real Madrid first team sooner rather than later.

Oscar is never Brazilian man! How can a Brazilian playing off the striker be so bland. A modern day tragedy. Breaks my heart.

Miss those smiling Brazilians that would just humiliate every foe with absurd displays of flair filled trickery. God someone please bring them back.

Kaiz welling up with pride?

Norwegian football has needed a shining star for like... a decade now, so it's nice that we might end up having one. Yet the way the media over here is jizzing EVERYWHERE because of this is making me annoyed beyond belief.

He's sincerely really f***ing talented though. Outplayed the entire f***ing league before he turned 16, and the best player by far in all his national apps so far. I genuinely think he might be on the fringes of the Real Madrid first team sooner rather than later.

I need to watch him play. What's his preferred or best position?

probably a combination of a growing middle class and the relentlessly negative football employed by Brazilian club coaches

:thup: The last part is the huge reason imo. We have to many negative c***s all over our federation and clubs who are also more worried in making money than making football evolve. We're stuck in a decade and a bit more back where we were by far the best team in the world with three straight WC finals.

CD, what you are saying is simply not true, because Oscar in a good day is a very exciting player, just look at Brazil v Croatia (skip the first 20 minutes though :lol:) and you'll see he can do a lot of stuff. He's had plenty of games where he's been fantastic and drives with the ball. Wish he would do that more, because he has the ability.

But yeah, in general our offensive football is s*** and we're developing far more good defenders than average strikers. I like Firmino and Talisca a lot but if they can take it to the next level I'm not sure. Until then we're stuck relying on Neymar which hasn't been all that bad tbh. Oscar, Willian, Coutinho are all decent players but they're not consistent enough.

Honestly, I think there's a "global" trend in football towards efficiency rather than flair. Even Messi and Ronaldo aren't as flamboyant as, say, Ronaldinho or Rivaldo.

Yep, I think so too. It all comes down to the money, it impacts player development, playing style and decision making from very early on.

Honestly, I think there's a "global" trend in football towards efficiency rather than flair. Even Messi and Ronaldo aren't as flamboyant as, say, Ronaldinho or Rivaldo.

That's true, but the lack of attacking players we're producing is ridiculous. I mean we have some talented players coming up, but I don't think anyone is going to come close to Neymar's ability who in turn I'm not sure is going to reach the ability of players like Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Kaka, Ronaldinho. We'll just have to wait and see as luckily there's so many kids in Brazil that can play that all of the sudden a new one might pop up out of nowhere.

And this sums up the way football has gone on a wider scale as well.

Efficiency is a word for the work place not the football pitch.

The Grim reality of modern football

Unrelated to the general point, but I think Oscar is just a central midfield player and not necessarily a #10, though he has found success there. He is a hard worker, has surprising body strength, loves to carry the ball, has a good shot, and moves it around quickly. The style of play at his club makes it difficult, but I would like to seem him play further back for his country at least. I think he may benefit working from deeper positions anyway.

Unlike Oscar, Willian is obviously stunted at Chelsea. His main job is to cover Ivanovic, who wanders out of position at will, and I feel he wouldn't play if they had a normal rightback.

Unrelated to the general point, but I think Oscar is just a central midfield player and not necessarily a #10, though he has found success there. He is a hard worker, has surprising body strength, loves to carry the ball, has a good shot, and moves it around quickly. The style of play at his club makes it difficult, but I would like to seem him play further back for his country at least. I think he may benefit working from deeper positions anyway.

Unlike Oscar, Willian is obviously stunted at Chelsea. His main job is to cover Ivanovic, who wanders out of position at will, and I feel he wouldn't play if they had a normal rightback.

He did do that in the U-20 World Cup when he was the player of the tournament. I don't think it's necessarily the problem, I think Mourinho has turned him into a hard-working #10 which he essentially rarely ends up playing as he covers a lot for Fabregas. Shame, because Oscar is a guy who can take over a game on his own with his passing ability and scoring ability from midfield.

As for Willian, he needs a move to a club that will play him to his real ability.

Guest firetotheworks

Agree with that to the extent that I think Messi was possibly more thrilling to watch before that ridiculous hoard of goals he got. That might have been because it was new and exciting, but to me he definitely seemed much more efficient in that season than in the one's where he pulled off perhaps more ridiculous things.