Other clubs' transfers

TBG

If I'm not mistaken, Santi Mina, Rodrigo and Munir are the only "senior" forwards left in Valencia's squad :lol:

None is really a classic #9, more the Neymar type than the Suárez type so to speak. Mina and Munir are promising but very green. It's gonna be sink or swim for them and the team.

I guess I'm not the only one who thinks the David Luiz transfer is dodgy as fuck? As if they wanted to manufacture a megastar signing fee.

:thup: Nauseating listening to the media talking about the transfer as if it isn't absolutely bent as fuck. "Ooo managers maybe find him a bit too entertaining sometimes jajajaja." Aye, whatever.

SSN doing a transfer deadline best bits. Ffs. :lol: :lol:

Hehe, despite them trying to keep fans away from reporters now, there was almost a faux par last night about 10.30 ish. Forget which club they were at, but reporter was outside and said there was a wedding party on at the club ground.

Then in background you could see a couple of people, then a guy staggers up with his missus, and as the reporter tried to carry on, the bloke said "hello... don't worry, I haven't got a dild....." and was quickly shoved off camera by the reporter!  :lol:

SSN doing a transfer deadline best bits. Ffs. :lol: :lol:

Hehe, despite them trying to keep fans away from reporters now, there was almost a faux par last night about 10.30 ish. Forget which club they were at, but reporter was outside and said there was a wedding party on at the club ground.

Then in background you could see a couple of people, then a guy staggers up with his missus, and as the reporter tried to carry on, the bloke said "hello... don't worry, I haven't got a dild....." and was then shoved off camera by the reporter!  :lol:

:lol:

That was outside the Scotland team hotel.

Doesn't matter what his finances are, they'll be in a huge deficit which means transfer embargo's and possibly even fines from the Football league.  But the transfer embargo would be the worst bit for them, unable to move forward to try to improve and another season closer to losing parachute payments.

Think Spurs could have kicked on better if they had signed some real quality. So close to winning the title last season and have only added Jansen, Wanyama and Sissoko really? Beefed out the squad but could have done with a real big signing.

Feel the same way. They have Champions League, too which can be taxing. Think they'll come fifth again this season.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them slightly lower, although they're a good side.

Got Chelsea, M City, M Utd, Arsenal, Leicester, Liverpool around and all stronger than last season (Leicester maybe about the same).

Fair play to Leicester btw. I thought they'd do a Montpellier and sell everyone, apart from Kante, they're even better. Doubt they'll challenge top 3, but see them in the next bracket still.

Like every PL club. They don't need the money and they can pay competitive wages. The big 3 of theirs could've left but 2 chose not too. In part because Leicester could compete (somewhat) wage wise. Although it was the tightest of the mega clubs after the 2 that stayed.

Think Spurs could have kicked on better if they had signed some real quality. So close to winning the title last season and have only added Jansen, Wanyama and Sissoko really? Beefed out the squad but could have done with a real big signing.

Absolutely, but it looks like the really big signings are out of our reach for the most part. We just don't have enough money to compete at the top table in terms of wages.

We need to keep trying to develop the young players so they either make a big leap forward (Kane, Alli) or generate cash (Mason, Townsend). Even the really top youth players have wage demands that we just cannot meet. At the same time, we need to try to find players like Payet and Mahrez - let's say Eriksen and Modric - players who are just bubbling under the top echelon for whatever reason (youth, unfashionable leagues, off-the-field stuff) but who given the right training and situation might develop into top top class players.

Based on the past 3/4 years, who are our competitors? Man U, Man C, Chelsea, Arsenal, Leicester, Liverpool, Everton. Five of those teams have wage bills that dwarf ours - that pay way more than we do per player. The other two teams (and Liverpool) have finished above us only once in recent years. The four big boys all bought "real quality", but they were players whose wages would have been out of our league. Leicester and Everton didn't manage any "real big signings", and although they kept their squad largely intact, they both lost one key player to the big boys. Liverpool probably had the most similar window to us - shedding some squad players, bolstering the first XI, and then overpaying you guys for a midfielder. Their "real big signing" was presumably Mane, and I'm perfectly happy to have Janssen and Wanyama instead.

Yeah, OK. They were 11 points behind the winners on 70 points - the same amount we achieved in '02 when we finished 4th.

I think the status quo will return this year to the PL, Man Shitty, Manure and Chelsea will all be back at the top, they've all invested in top of the line managers and spent silly money. Arsenal will as ever be there or thereabouts, I would expect a little more from Liverpool this year with Klopp settled in now. So I can't see the likes of Spuds, Everton or the champions competing for the top 4, could be wrong but last year's wide open race was probably a one off and the familiar tiers will be restored, it could be an interesting year as the 3 heavyweights will all be expecting to win it. At the bottom the battle for the drop will be a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be, as it looks like Hull, Burnley and Boro have a chance to stay up after all.