Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Saw that :lol: Doesn't make any sense unless they want to slowly phase out David Silva as he ages.

Smacks of getting someone so your rivals don't to me.

Answered your own question really.David Silva is 31 now so would be getting a ready made replacement before he goes elsewhere and they miss out.

I want David Silva to be in the premier league forever though, not many players as delightful to watch as a neutral. Pep wants his team all attacking midfielders, which for the neutral is brilliant even if it's not working.

Bernardo Silva is one of my favourite players inthe world. Sad that Man City have him.

This. Absolute bargain for £43m (given today's prices).

Fucking Guardiola man. :lol:

Bernardo Silva, KDB, Sane and Jesus pretty much sorts Man City's attacking front 4 for the next 5 years at least :lol:

With Sterling hanging around too. Not bad.

He has got to be the most frustrating player on the planet! I do wonder what will happen with him in the future, because his decision making is erratic.

Think he had a good season under Guardiola actually, told him to stay wide and stretch play and was good at it.

Comparing him to say Christian Eriksen for a more accomplished well regarded player Sterling made 47 appearences to Eriksen's 48, 10 goal's to Eriksen's 12 and 21 Assists to Eriksen's 23. Very very respectable imo. Admitably City were more freescoring but couldn't defend in contrast with Spurs, but he's still young.

Yeah Sterling's had a really good season and very easy to forget he's only 22.

Bernardo Silva and David Silva in the same team is going to be some sweet viewing for people like me who love left footed playmakers

Think he had a good season under Guardiola actually, told him to stay wide and stretch play and was good at it.

Comparing him to say Christian Eriksen for a more accomplished well regarded player Sterling made 47 appearences to Eriksen's 48, 10 goal's to Eriksen's 12 and 21 Assists to Eriksen's 23. Very very respectable imo. Admitably City were more freescoring but couldn't defend in contrast with Spurs, but he's still young.

I agree that he had a good season statistically, but it could have been better. He missed a lot of easy chances. I feel like later in the season, Sane really stepped up and despite not providing more goals and assists, looked more dynamic and productive.

This was Sterling's fifth full PL season and I expected him to impose himself a little more.

You're going to have to tell me where you got those stats from. ESPN has Sterling on 41 games for Man City, plus 7 as sub, with 6+1 games for England. Eriksen 46 for Spurs, plus 3 as sub, with 5 for Denmark.

Sterling Man City Goals 10 Assists 14 (Prem G 7 A 6)

Eriksen Spurs Goals 12 Assists 23 (Prem G 8 A 15)

Doesn't really detract from the main point though - Sterling has been really good for Man City this season.

I will point out that we scored 6 more Premiership goals that "more free-scoring Man City".