Other clubs' transfers

TBG

It's definitely too low now players are regularly going for around 100m, but think that for example, Eriksen, De Bruyne, David Silva, Hazard, Willian and probably a few others I think are probably better attacking midfielders in the league...it's just a bit mental that sort of price still and I kind of don't want to normalise this.

Willian? [emoji38] Who are these few others? He's definitely behind Hazard, Eriksen and De Bruyne, but after them there's not one other attacking midfielder I'd rather have in my team. I can see a case for Mkhitaryan but he hasn't shown enough in this league yet for me. David Silva isn't the same type of player he was a few years ago.

I have often made the case over the years that Silva is overrated because he often goes 6-7 games in a row without doing nothing and then 2 or 3 amazing performances.  To the point that in their primes Yaya was more impactful but he's better than Coutinho [emoji38]

Not having that one Flip, also City's other [emoji38] Silva is better too imo, it's unfashionable because he's shite in front of goal but i'd rather have Ozil too.

Thinking about it, i really struggle to understand Barca's obsession with him. But their history of signings is shite so there's that.

Well Yaya was absolutely outstanding tbf [emoji38]

It's definitely too low now players are regularly going for around 100m, but think that for example, Eriksen, De Bruyne, David Silva, Hazard, Willian and probably a few others I think are probably better attacking midfielders in the league...it's just a bit mental that sort of price still and I kind of don't want to normalise this.

Willian? [emoji38] Who are these few others? He's definitely behind Hazard, Eriksen and De Bruyne, but after them there's not one other attacking midfielder I'd rather have in my team. I can see a case for Mkhitaryan but he hasn't shown enough in this league yet for me. David Silva isn't the same type of player he was a few years ago.

I have often made the case over the years that Silva is overrated because he often goes 6-7 games in a row without doing nothing and then 2 or 3 amazing performances.  To the point that in their primes Yaya was more impactful but he's better than Coutinho [emoji38]

Not having that one Flip, also City's other [emoji38] Silva is better too imo, it's unfashionable because he's s**** in front of goal but i'd rather have Ozil too.

Thinking about it, i really struggle to understand Barca's obsession with him. But their history of signings is s**** so there's that.

Well obviously, i have just felt like there was always a double standard surrounding Silva. He'd get no ends of praise when he performed excellently and not a word was uttered when he performed badly which happened more than his fans will have you believe.

For example that season where he put that ridiculous outside of the right foot through ball against Yanited, he barely performed for the next 3 months and the team needed Tevez to come back and save them from throwing the league away.

Lovely player to watch mind and he's obviously better than Coutinho.

Not having that one Flip, also City's other [emoji38] Silva is better too imo, it's unfashionable because he's s**** in front of goal but i'd rather have Ozil too.

Thinking about it, i really struggle to understand Barca's obsession with him. But their history of signings is s**** so there's that.

Well obviously, i have just felt like there was always a double standard surrounding Silva. He'd get no ends of praise when he performed excellently and not a word was uttered when he performed badly which happened more than his fans will have you believe.

For example that season where he put that ridiculous outside of the right foot through ball against Yanited, he barely performed for the next 3 months and the team needed Tevez to come back and save them from throwing the league away.

Lovely player to watch mind and he's obviously better than Coutinho.

Silva is on the decline and was nowhere near the player you're talking about last season. Bernardo Silva hasn't kicked a ball yet in this league either.

Mole you would have Ozil over Coutinho?!!! That is shocking to me man.

Think Coutinho is brilliant. After De Bruyne and Hazard not sure I'd have anyone else ahead of him as Silva is not as good as he was previously. Also would have Coutinho ahead of Eriksen at Spurs too.

Willian is hardly an attactive player to watch but he is very efficient and effective imo. Underrated. Ozil however is s***. Maybe Silva is in decline now I will accept hear a bit less, but then still see plenty of times he runs the show. I think Coutinho has drifted in and out of plenty of games though.

Coutinho is the right profile for Barca.  He has a turn of pace and explosion that most of the others don't. And he can play a ball.  Tactically he's more flexible than most alternatives who can't play deeper in midfield at all. Coutinho gives the ball away too much for my liking but the Eriksen's and the De Bruynes aren't dynamic enough.

Think Hazard is a Barca type player. Think he would be good for one of the forward roles but In a different style to Neymar. 

Personally I think Barca should go for a more rugged midfield setup. Like a Dembele (Spurs), someone quick and powerful and decent enough on the ball (Carvalho another one). Allowing them a more luxurious creator without the industry they seem to be after.  Then another forward. 

So the details of the bid according to several reliable journalist who cover LFC.

So the upfront payment was 80 million staggered over 5 years.

Add-ons activated when

Winning multiple trophies in the same season

Winning multiple champions league titles

Winning the Ballon d'or

Winning multiple trophies and the Ballon d'or in the same season.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm all for Liverpool rejecting bids tbh. Anything to reduce player and agent power is good in my book.

:thup:

Whole situation is a farce.

Yeah, this one deal will reduce player and agent power.

Wat?

I'm all for Liverpool rejecting bids tbh. Anything to reduce player and agent power is good in my book.

Wat?

Liverpool rejecting this deal will achieve the sum total of fuck all.

Guest firetotheworks

Wat?

What are you on about? No one said it would achieve or change anything. I said ANYTHING to reduce player and agent power, which in this specific situation it undeniably would.

Wat?

What are you on about? No one said it would achieve or change anything. I said ANYTHING to reduce player and agent power, which in this specific situation it undeniably would.

It will reduce player and agent power? I guess I don't agree.

Guest firetotheworks

Wat?

It will reduce player and agent power? I guess I don't agree.

So Coutinho and his agent push for a move, Liverpool say no, reject all offers and it changes nothing? So Coutinho and his agent get what they want and move to Barcelona regardless then? Of course they don't, in that situation Liverpool stick to their guns and Coutinho stays, him and his agent don't get what they want, and Liverpool are in control. I'm not sure how anyone could possibly think otherwise, but godspeed.

It's unpopular, but i'd rather the power be in the players hands than it being in greedy corporations.

To use an example, in the UFC the fighters are disgustingly underpaid and it all filters to the greedy corporations. I don't defend players doing ridiculous stunts like the ones Dortmund's Dembele is doing but i'd rather empower the players than the owners personally.

Also i think players are dumb as fuck for signing long contracts like Coutinho did last summer, if you want to keep your options open then sign a shorter contract. If he went to Liverpool and said i only want a 2 year deal do you think Liverpool would say no? i highly doubt it.

Also i think players are dumb as f*** for signing long contracts like Coutinho did last summer, if you want to keep your options open then sign a shorter contract. If he went to Liverpool and said i only want a 2 year deal do you think Liverpool would say no? i highly doubt it.

His previous contract ran until 2020 so I think Liverpool would say no if he asked for a two-year contract in 2017.