Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Samaras isn't Prem quality. Probably lower Championship, League One promotion chasers standard.

A lot of league 1 and championship players perform well in World Cups and European Championships then?

People over perform when it comes to their country sometimes, yes.

And in the champions league?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38579000/jpg/_38579537_dyeram300pa.jpg

Shola has scored in the CL, not the best yardstick.

Anyway, Samaras isn't a terrible signing for a team fighting against relegation, which is what WBA are.

:thup:

Have only some game sto go by, and while he's not an excellent player I don't think he's as shit as some are making him out to be. Quite technical and has good feet for his size. There's tons of worse players in the PL tbh.

Shola has scored in the CL, not the best yardstick.

Anyway, Samaras isn't a terrible signing for a team fighting against relegation, which is what WBA are.

Just used the champions league as a further example of where he's performed well really. Somebody who has performed to a decent standard in the World Cup, the Euros and the Champions League shouldn't be called shit IMO. I'm not sure if he'll do well at West Brom as he's not really suited to such a fast,physical league but he's not an awful player

Di María and Khedira not in the squad for tonight's Supercopa second leg. Both are looking for an exit.

Arsenal really need to get Khedira. Also being linked with Cavani. If they manage those two?! Woah.

VI do we expect Isco to spend most of the season warming the bench?

I do, Kross and James will be drinking Isco's milkshake. Although if Di María leaves he could see some time on the wing as backup.

As usual: if you're a young and promising Spanish player, don't go to Real Madrid.

Looks like we're still in for Eto'o even after signing Balotelli. WTF....that would confirm my suspicions that the 4-4-2 diamond will be Rodgers' primary formation going into the season. Really surprised if it goes through, mind you.

Ibe reported be off to Derby on loan. Think a few Prem clubs could have done with him for a season...

I do, Kross and James will be drinking Isco's milkshake. Although if Di María leaves he could see some time on the wing as backup.

In that case I'm surprised no one has made a move for him.

What a waste of so much potential and talent having it rot away on the bench.

Looks like we're still in for Eto'o even after signing Balotelli. WTF....that would confirm my suspicions that the 4-4-2 diamond will be Rodgers' primary formation going into the season. Really surprised if it goes through, mind you.

Ibe reported be off to Derby on loan. Think a few Prem clubs could have done with him for a season...

You looked so good in that formation though.

Think he should have tried Coutinho behind Sturridge and Sterling upfront you know.

^ Contrary to believe, I liked Sterling as tip of the diamond a lot more than Coutinho. To me, Coutinho's best games by far were as part of midfield 3.

Yea, I think our record with diamond was 7 wins in a draw last season. Not sure how Lallana/Markovic all come into this, but I guess we'll find out.

Yea and it didn't look as good as Coutinho in 4-3-3 (Spurs/Arsenal/Everton/City at home) and he was subbed off most times.

Off the top of my head, first half vs. WestHam in April...and Coutinho was subbed for Lucas at HT.

Against Southampton at St. Marrys Coutinho started at tip of the diamond, but was subbed around 50th min for Sterling and we looked immediately more comfortable afterwards.

Samaras is IMO underrated now. Haven't seen him in Scotland but based on the Greece games he's a big guy with a good technique and he's not really a bad signing for WBA on free.

As usual: if you're a young and promising Spanish player, don't go to Real Madrid.

I guess most of us forgot that wonderkid already. The one who's career completely ruined in Real Madrid, the "Guti Successor".

In fact not only Spanish, but all promising players, like Sahin.  You can only survive there when you are established and got great reputation to force your manager to pick you.

Still think James is the most needless signing in football history.

I reserve this.  I think Ronaldo may have had passed his peak.  If that's the case,  it is not meaningless.

I reserve this.  I think Ronaldo may have had passed his peak.  If that's the case,  it is not meaningless.

what evidence is there to suggest that? He's been consistently brilliant and takes great care of his body. And in any case James won't provide the goals Ronaldo brings.  Madrid need an Alonso replacement if Illa isn't to cut it.  And competition for benzema.

what evidence is there to suggest that?

Last season saw his lowest goalscoring return since his first season at Real Madrid - when he missed several months through injury. Particularly his form dipped significantly sine January last year.

Of course, we are still talking about a ridiculous return, but Real Madrid have to start planning ahead. James also potentially enables Ancelotti to play his preferred diamond formation.